main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Holy Crap! Its the Games of the XXVIII Olympiad!!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by CCD, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I can't believe this issue is causing such a huge fight. It's barely an issue in Athens. It's huuuuuuuge back here.

I can see both sides points of view. But in the end I don't think we can hang the girl. We're all only human, and the Olympics aren't about winning at all costs... are they?

2. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    *shrug* it's something to talk about.

It's one thing to bail in an individual event, but you've got to expect a bit of crap when you let a whole team down.

I think I wouldn't be so harsh if she hadn't flopped down. It's not like she was running a marathon after all - she was already seated.

3. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Congrats on making the 400m Hurdles final, Jana.
    That'll do, Jana. That'll do.

So much for the Swimming.. how good are we doing in the Cycling!! Road Race, and the Velodrome.. yay us!

The Dream in Athens is just as good as ever.. good to see Loretta was on, even if she didn't win Gold. Good to see them interviewing not just the winners.

And don't forget these are coming up.

4. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Roy and H.G. have had their moments. I've been trying to keep up with The Dream and watch it every night. Was anyone watching when they campaigned against Bettina Hoy? Everyone knows their opinions are frank, but I think they went a little bit over the top with their remarks. I notice on the next show they set the record straight and said they'd give her and her horse a hard knock. Hmm, I wonder if they were pressured into saying something positive.

I didn't mind seeing some of that Graco-Roman wrestling. Now I just need to guess when they are being serious or making up a load of crap ;).

In Athens, I have loved watching swimming, diving and cycling.

Ams [face_love]

5. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    OMG!

How could I have forgotten the Mountain Biking!!
    :oops:

6. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Yay! Australia rulz!! :D

Beijing is gonna be good, China is likely to win in the medal tally but at least it will be in our timezone (sorta - they're 2 hours behind us).

Interesting article in the SMH vis a vis our ability to punch above our athletic weight albeit at a price (which I think is personally worth paying).

7. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Australia has taken more Gold in the Paralympics than we did in the 'other' Olympics.

In your face, able-bodies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.