main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Holy Force, Batman!" Crossover/AU, JA, H/C, Qui/Obi-angst (2008 Winner Best Crossover!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by p_stotts, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    Great job. Too bad it was so short. :( I can't wait for the next chapter. :D

2. Alasse_Earfalas

Alasse_Earfalas Jedi Master star 2

Mar 6, 2008
    OOOOO!!! Obi has another vision, eh? [face_mischief]

?Interesting, and how much lesser in stature is Master Yoda??

?Physically? He?s about so tall.? He held his hand horizontally at his waist. ?Using his Force abilities, however, he could level an eight foot Wookie with one hand.?

Bruce chuckled. ?I wouldn?t want to go up against him then.?

Next week: Batman vs. Yoda! [face_laugh]

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    So Batman and Robin are off again I wonder if Obi-Wan will follow them.[face_whistling]

Anxiously waiting for the next episode.=D=

4. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Exellent update! :D

I wonder how Dick will react to Obi-Wan next time he sees him? [face_thinking]

So Batman wants a lightsaber, does he? o_O That would be interesting. [face_thinking]

I can't wait to see what Obi's next vision will be, I just wonder how much trouble it will get him into this time. [face_worried]

Can't wait for more, I'm loving this story! [face_love] :D

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely Obi-Wan teaching about lightsabers and telling about Yoda.
    Yoda should show up in the Batcave:D

And now Obi-Wan off to help Batman?

Great update=D==D=

6. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks! :) This next chapter is a bit longer.

Hmmm... could be. You'll just have to keep reading to find out.

Read on, sister! [face_peace]

Thank you! Thank you very much! We'll just have to wait and see where Obi-Wan's vision leads him. Into trouble, you can be sure. :eek:

Mmm... could be! [face_batting]

Chapter 12 is a bit longer, but I still had to leave you with a cliffhanger. *ducks rotten fruit and old shoes* Now, now, I'll post again tomorrow. Promise. [face_whistling]

Chapter 12 - A Glimpse of Things to Come

Alfred hesitated, and Obi-Wan got the distinct impression that he didn?t want to reveal any of the trio?s nocturnal activities, but this time, he wouldn?t be put off. ?Come now, Alfred. I know everything else. Why not tell me the rest??

?I?m sorry, Master Obi-Wan, but it isn?t my place to reveal such information. For that you must speak with Master Bruce.?

Obi-Wan repressed a sigh and nodded. ?Perhaps I?ll retire for the evening then.?

Alfred smiled. ?Would you like me to bring some supper to your room??

?No. I?m not very hungry, but thank you.?

?Very good, sir.?

Obi-Wan closed his sleep chamber door with a soft click. An uneasy feeling had been growing in his gut ever since his earlier confrontation with Dick, but he couldn?t pin down the exact cause. Perhaps meditation would help. He sat on his bed, cross-legged, and let the Force fill him with Its peaceful presence.

Once again, images of that fateful day at the circus came to mind, only this time they didn?t focus on Dick, but rather a man standing near one of the tent exits. Obi-Wan tried to make out the man?s features, but shadows obscured his face.

Again, he watched as Dick took his turn on the trapeze. Obi-Wan didn?t want to see this again. The images made him feel so helpless, knowing that, if he had been there that day, he could have saved Dick?s parents.

As Dick?s mother grabbed the trapeze, the stranger stepped from the shadows. His profile showed sandy-colored hair, a patrician nose, deep brown eyes, and a cleft chin. The trapeze lines snapped. The man smiled as Dick?s parents plummeted to the unprotected floor.

While people rushed forward from the stands, the strange man turned toward the exit, giving Obi-Wan a brief glimpse of his whole face. The entire right side of face was disfigured by what looked like the scars from a chemical burn, and the hair on that side was completely white.

The images faded, receding back into the past.

A new scene coalesced in Obi-Wan?s mind. The same disfigured man stood in a tunnel facing Dick, who was dressed in his Robin persona. Rage marred Robin?s features, but the other man merely laughed. He flipped what looked like a gold coin into the air. As Robin?s gaze followed the coin, the man threw a round gray object at his feet and ran. There was a flash of light and an explosion. When the smoke cleared, Robin?s bloodied body lay still on the floor, covered in rubble.

Obi-Wan came back to awareness to find himself on his hands and knees, gasping for air. He leapt from the bed and ran from the room, using his Force senses to scan the manor for Alfred?s presence. He tracked the butler to a room on the floor above and pounded on the door.

Alfred opened the

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yippee Obi to the rescue and I see Qui-Gon and Yoda coming to help too. That will be nice.

Great update=D==D= Love this story[face_love]

8. Alasse_Earfalas

Alasse_Earfalas Jedi Master star 2

Mar 6, 2008
    Ooooo, such suspense! :eek: I can't wait to see how Qui & Obi are going to need Yoda's help. [face_mischief]

Great job!! =D= =D=

Edit: Oh man, when Dick sees Yoda... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] *dies* [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

9. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    I wonder what Qui and Yoda will think of Batman and Robin. Interesting... veeery interesting.

And I'm sorry, but I just really love Alfred. He's like my favorite in the whole story (o:

Great update! I really don't see how you keep up your posting schedule, but it's really cool!

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Yahoo, Alfred and Obi-Wan to the rescue.[face_dancing]

I wonder if Dick will appreciate being saved by
    Obi. Time will tell[face_thinking]

I love waking up each morning to a new post.=D=
    Thanks for the pm my friend[:D]

11. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Ooh, the plot thickens! :D

I hope Obi-Wan and Alfred can get to Dick before something bad happens! [face_praying]

I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of Yoda, this will be interesting! [face_mischief]

Can't wait for more! :D

12. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Alfred can really do anything, can't he. But he was always good at anything on the rare occasions when he was called into actions. And nice interaction between Dick and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan is so together in a Jedi way, and Dick is well....not. He needs to know when he needs help.....and rescuing, too. [face_mischief]

It's handy that the dynamic duo have a Jedi watching their backs this time.

13. Bkcbookworm

Bkcbookworm Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2007
    Very interesting story and I love the crossover idea! Please update soon as I can't wait to see what happens! :)

14. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    Oooooh! :D Great job. I can't wait to see what happens. :D

15. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Oh, no. I think I know where this is going. I hope Dick doesn't do anything too rash. But Bruce and Obi-Wan are on their way.

16. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks to everyone for all the kind feedback. I haven't had much time today to write the next chapter... too many meetings. Sorry, but I won't be able to post until Monday, so tune in again then. Have a great weekend in the meantime!

17. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    This is interesting!

I always thought George Clooney made the best Batman! [face_love]

Now that Qui-Gon and Yoda are almost there, hopefully they'll be able to give Obi-Wan a hand in saving Dick. It's sad that Dick is still holding on to all that grief and guilt. But it's good that Obi is there to help him through it. :)

I admit, I was hesitant about reading because I normally don't care too much for crossovers, but this one has won me over! Keep up the great work! :D

18. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Batman and Yoda- I can't wait :)

19. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
  20. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I find this story to be very amusing.

My knowledge of Batman is nearly zero. However I did watch some of an old batman cinama movie from about 1942. While we, my younger siblings, watched it we would rave about how strong Batman was. In that age of film making actors fists and feet never connected with other actors so Batman would take a swing at a villian's croonie miss by a foot and the croonie would bit the dust.
    Robin was pretty cool in that.

21. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Glad you like it so much. Read on.

I'm sure he'll come up with something witty (or sarcastic, depending on your pov) to say.

Nothing to be sorry about. I think he's pretty cool too.

Yes indeedy do!

You got it! Read on.

Dick's about to get really confused about all that... but I'm getting ahead of myself. ;)

quote=Bkcbookworm]Very interesting story and I love the crossover idea! Please update soon as I can't wait to see what happens! :)[/quote] Welcome, Bkcbookworm! Glad you're enjoying it so far. Here's more.

Okeedokee.

Read on and see if you're right.

Glad to have you along, Bek. I love writing crossovers, but I try to interject a bit of humor and a few curve balls now and then.

Patience. It's coming, but not in this post.

Now how do I respond to feedback like that? :confused::) I assume you're enjoying the ride with the rest of us. Read on for more.

Welcome, Lady Misty. Wow! I didn't know Batman went back that far. I didn't become acquainted with it until the 1960s. Hope you're enjoying the story. Here's more.

Whew! So many readers! [face_blush] I'm honored all of you think my story is worth reading. And now, on with the next post:

Chapter 13 ? Obi-Wan To The Rescue

Qui-Gon eased the transport into the planet?s atmosphere, still tracking the signal from the homing beacon in Obi-Wan?s fighter. Sparse air traffic in the atmosphere made avoiding detection easy. The Force was also with

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Ooh nooh :_| Now Obi-Wan is trapped and with Robin. Now the Jedimasters sure have to come to the rescue.[face_praying]

Great update.=D=

23. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Glad you like it, earlybird. I just got on a real roll writing chp 14, but have to stop for a Dr's appointment. :rolleyes: I hate when that happens! Well, at least I know where he next post is going. See y'all tomorrow!:)

24. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Obi-Wan looked at the ladder then at Alfred. ?You should think about becoming a Jedi Master. You?re already good at making padawans feel foolish.?

Alfred cocked an eyebrow at him, but refrained from commenting.

?Well, here goes.? He jumped to the ladder, then the tunnel. ?Oh, my word.? He pinched his nose with one hand, while reaching for his breather with the other. ?A Saarlaac?s breath smells better than this.?

LOL! Yeah... I wonder how Obi-Wan would know what Saarlaac breath smells like... hmmm... I wonder, does he speak from experience?

Oh well, I guess that's another story for another time! I can't wait to see what happens next!
    -Jecca

25. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh no! Obi-Wan is drowning in sewage! [face_sick]

Qui-Gon and Yoda had better hurry! [face_worried]

I'm eagerly awaiting for more! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.