main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Holy Force, Batman!" Crossover/AU, JA, H/C, Qui/Obi-angst (2008 Winner Best Crossover!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by p_stotts, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Woah. Did I read that right? Are Obi-Wan and Alfred related? Interesting, very interesting. Can't wait for more.

2. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Actually, I didn't mean to imply that. Yoda was asking Alfred about his relationship with Obi-Wan. He just phrased it in a Yoda way. Glad you liked the post.

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    oh, you're evil [face_devil] I say!

I thought we'd find out how Obi is, and see some nice h/c - but no, you have to throw us a wonderful chapter with Alfred and Yoda. It's so good I can forgive you for not updating us on Obi.

4. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Alfred climbed from the boat to the pier and walked over to where Two-Face lay. ?I believe you?ve rendered him unconscious.?

Yoda walked over, grunting and leaning on his walking stick for support with every step. He stopped beside Alfred and looked down at the unconscious man. ?Judge me by my size he should not have.?

Alfred raised his eyebrows. ?Indeed.?

Rule number one-- NEVER judge Yoda by his size!

I love it! Great update!

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved Yoda fighting with Two Face and that discussion with Alfred.

Great update=D==D=

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Way to go Yoda[face_dancing]

Master Yoda and Padawan Alfred.:p

Now lets get back to Obi-Wan he is still very injured.

Dont go back to your world Qui-Gon stay here in Wayne manor and fix Obi.
    Look around for a bit and see what earth is like.[face_thinking]

excellent post =D=

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Another very wonderful post! :D

I love that Alfred really does have special powers! :D

And go Yoda! :D Two-Face didn't stand a chance! [face_shame_on_you]

I can't wait for the next chapter! :D

8. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
  9. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Tsk tsk Never ever underistimate Yoda!
    I can just imagine Batman, Batgirl and Robin's suprise with they learn an alien that is about three feet tall took down Two Face.:eek: [face_laugh] :cool:

10. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I just found this today, and I'm really glad I did. :D Batman has always been my favorite comic book hero, ever since the days when I hurried home from Kindergarten to watch Batman: The Animated Series on the WB. (I had a crush on Robin, you see. :p) I don't usually read crossovers because forcing two fandoms together always feels a bit awkward to me, but you've done an amazing job with this story. Really. To the point that it feels right for Obi-Wan and Batman to inhabit the same universe.

=D= Wonderful job! I can't wait for the next post!

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Awesome job- It just makes me want more

12. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    This next part should semi-satisfy your craving for Obi-Wan. :cool:

Your wish is my command!

Welcome, Nienna! Glad you're enjoying the story. Here's the next part.

Chapter 17 ? Waiting

Qui-Gon stood in the small medical bay of their transport watching Obi-Wan float in the bacta tank. The onboard medical droid had worked several hours to get the padawan stable enough for submersion. Now they had to wait.

A steady tap tap on the durasteel decking announced Master Yoda?s entrance into the room. He stopped by Qui-Gon?s side and leaned on his gimmer stick, also staring at Obi-Wan?s unconscious form. ?Survive this he will.?

Qui-Gon drew in a deep breath and let it out slowly. ?The Force has already told me as much.? He turned his head to regard the small master. ?So why are we remaining on this planet? The sooner we get Obi-Wan back to the Temple healers, the better I?ll feel.?

?Unfinished business your padawan has here. Wait until he wakes we must.?

Qui-Gon raised one eyebrow. ?I don?t suppose you could be more specific??

Yoda turned and hobbled from the room without answering.

?I didn?t think so,? Qui-Gon murmured and returned his attention to his padawan.

Yoda walked down the ramp and into the cave where they were currently staying. There hadn?t been enough room on the cave floor for the transport, so they?d engaged the anti-grav repulsors to keep the craft hovering over the ravine that ran around the outer edge of the cavern.

Sitting at the bottom of the ramp, he found the human called Robin, or Dick, depending on whether or not he was on duty. He wore a pair of tan slacks and open-collared white shirt. He leaned back against one of the ramp struts, his arms wrapped around his drawn-up legs, with his chin resting of his knees.

Not far away, the humans known as Alfred, Bruce, and Barbara gathered around a large viewscreen, perusing information in a written language Yoda didn?t recognize. Occasionally, one of them cast a worried glance at Dick, but didn?t speak to him.

?Worried you are,? Yoda said to him.

Dick turned his head and looked at Yoda. Their current positions made them nearly the same height, but Dick still had to crane his neck a fraction to meet Yoda?s gaze. ?How?d you guess??

Yoda raised his ears. The tone was subtly sarcastic, but still enough that Dick would have been rubbing his shins had he been an initiate. ?Guess I do not. Your emotions I sense. Worry you should not. Recover Obi-Wan will.?

Dick turned his gaze forward again and breathed a heavy sigh. ?It?s not so much worry about Obi-Wan as it is?? He shrugged his shoulders. ?Look, no offense, but I don?t really want to talk about this.?

Yoda gently poked Dick?s side with his gimmer stick. ?Hide your feelings from me you cannot.?

?Yeah, I figured as much.? He continued staring straight ahead. ?T

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yippee, another post and eager to see what Obi-Wan and Robin are going to do.

Loved the entire chapter.

14. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Wow! That was a quick turnaround! Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like it.

15. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Very cool. I can't wait to see what Dick and Obi-Wan's conversation is like. Great update!

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi's recovering! [face_dancing]

Qui cares (but will he show it to Obi when Obi wakes up?). [face_thinking]

Great update and I've been anxiously awaiting. So everyone is all together... criminals, watch out.

17. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I loved Yoda poking Dick with his gimmer stick. :p

Yoda stood with a groan, making Dick smile. ?When nearly nine hundred years you are, make noises you will too.?

Dick tried keeping his surprise at that statement from his expression, but knew he failed miserably.

?So surprising that is?? Yoda chuckled and walked up the ramp without waiting for an answer.
    [face_laugh]

?Yes, Master. I still don?t understand why this is so important that you had to take me from Obi-Wan?s side.?

Yoda nodded. ?Necessary to the young man?s future this is. To Obi-Wan only will he speak.?
    [face_thinking] Hmm, I wonder what they're going to talk about.

Most excellent update. :D

18. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Yoda is always scheming. :p I can't wait to see the conversation between Dick and Obi-Wan. I hope Dick is finally able to come to terms with his guilt.

=D= Looking forward to more.

19. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    As usual Master Yoda makes the decisions. :D
    I am happy they are staying on Earth for a while.[:D]
    Robin/Dick has a lot to learn, and of course it is up
    to our Obi-Wan to teach him.[face_dancing]
    I did not think Qui-Gon would leave Obi-Wans side without prompting
    from Yoda.o_O

brilliant update.=D=

20. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    First off thank you for those pms you sent.

Dick was shocked by Yoda's age?? Well I would be to if I saw ESB in the theater at the age of 10 instead of watching RotJ when I was five. I just excepted it.

I thought Bacta was blue, I'll have to check the books again.

Dick has changed!

21. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    You sure keep this interesting. Oh sure, each chapter gives us a few answers, but then you turn around and leave us hanging with a new twist. If you didn?t post so fast we would need to strangle you. :p

Great job. I loved this

Yoda walked over, grunting and leaning on his walking stick for support with every step. He stopped beside Alfred and looked down at the unconscious man. ?Judge me by my size he should not have.?

Alfred raised his eyebrows. ?Indeed.?

And this

Qui-Gon raised one eyebrow. ?I don?t suppose you could be more specific??

Yoda turned and hobbled from the room without answering.

?I didn?t think so,? Qui-Gon murmured and returned his attention to his padawan.

azizah

22. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    It's amazing Yoda got anything else done with his meddling.

23. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks all for the kind feedback. I must be into short posts today. I intended this to be the final post for this story, but... oh well. At least you know there'll be more tomorrow. Hey, don't blame me. If the stupid characters would wise up and listen to the writer, but no, they've got to learn the hard way!

Now, on with today's chapter:

Chapter 18 ? A Plea For Help

Dick studied the data screen in front of him, trying to make heads or tails of the symbols. He?d been sitting at Obi-Wan?s bedside for a few hours and needed something to distract him. What looked like a five by seven sheet of flimsy turned out to be some type of super advanced laptop computer, if only he could figure out what the stuff on the screen meant. The sound of rustling sheets drew his attention to the bed.

Obi-Wan stared at him bleary eyed.

Dick cleared his throat and made and effort to smile. ?Hi,? he whispered. ?How are you feeling??

?Better,? Obi-Wan replied in a scratchy voice.

Dick took the hint and poured him a glass of water, then helped him take a drink.

Obi-Wan nodded his thanks. ?Don?t take this the wrong way, but where is Master Qui-Gon??

Dick dipped his head a moment. ?Yeah, I guess you would wonder about that.? He looked at him. ?The short answer is, he?s sleeping. As to why he?s not here, which is what you?re really asking, well, your guess is as good as mine.?

?Ah.? He yawned. ?I believe I see Master Yoda?s hand in this.?

Dick cocked an eyebrow. ?And why is that??

?Because my master wouldn?t have left my side otherwise.?

?Oh.? Dick fiddled with the hem of his shirt. ?Uh, I guess I?d better leave then. I?m sure you?d rather him be here than me.? He started to get up from the chair, but stopped when Obi-Wan placed a hand on his arm.

?You?re missing the point, Dick. Events were arranged for us to be alone; therefore, we?d better go along with that. Master Yoda in a snit is not a pretty sight.?

Dick sat back in the chair, but kept his eyes focused on his lap. ?Okay? I guess.?

Obi-Wan chuckled. ?I?ve never seen you this subdued. You must have a guilty conscience or something.?

Dick looked at him, and the smile instantly left Obi-Wan?s face.

?I apologize. I was merely teasing.?

?No, it?s okay,? Dick said. ?Um, Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan raised his eyebrows, but remained silent, obviously waiting for Dick to continue.

?What you did for me? saving my life I mean? why??

?Why what?? Confusion clearly showed on Obi-Wan?s face.

?Why did you risk your life to save mine??

This time, Obi-Wan?s eyebrows nearly made it to his hairline. ?Force, why wouldn?t I??

Dick swallowed heavily. ?I haven?t exactly been nice to you. In fact, I did everything I could to make you feel unwelcome here.?

?Are you saying that if I had treated you with suspicion and disdain, you wouldn?t have done the same for me, were our roles reversed??

Dick?s head shot up. ?No! I mean, of course I would have saved you, but?? His voice petered off.

?Then why would you think I wouldn?t??

Dick rubbed his head. ?I don?t know! I guess? ? He shrugged.

Obi-Wan?s eyes grew wide. ?You didn?t want me to save you.?

Dick stared at him, trying to hold back tears that were now threatening.

?You still blame yourself for not saving your parents. You think you should have died with them? don?t you? That?s why you place yourself in danger, because every time you save a life, it somehow makes up for not saving them? only it?s never enough. Is it??

?No,? he whispered in a broken sob. He clenched his eyes shut, forcing hot tears to run down his cheeks. He sniffed and wiped them away with the back of his hand. ?Why can?t I get past this??

?Let this pass you will not.? Yoda shuffled into the room, leaning on his gimmer stick. ?Help you I can, if let me you will.?

Dick looked from Yoda to Obi-Wan, who smiled then closed his eyes. ?I?d take the offer if I were you.? With a sigh, he drifted off to sleep.

Dick looked back to Yoda and took a deep breath. ?What

24. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Oh, Dick, you silly boy. Of course once Yoda helps Dick he has his hands fully with Bruce. But maybe even Yoda isn't brave enough to go there.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Dick, listen to Yoda and don't let him whack you with his gimerstick.:D

Nice update=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.