main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto HOLY POODOO! You won't believe what I just HEARD!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lelila, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Remember that scene just after Annie goes nuts on Tatooine and Yoda is meditating? We hear a voice that the book says is Qui-Gon (and it sounds like that to me) saying "Anakin! Anakin! No!"
    So...I was talking to Robert, trying to convince him that it is actually Qui-Gon, and he thought that it sounded just like when Obi-Wan yells "No Anakin, no!" I just got home and decided to compare them (I have it on VCD and on my computer). I've come to the conclusion that it is absolutely Qui-Gon, it sounds very different from Obi...
    BUT...in listening a few times to what Yoda hears during his meditation...I noticed...

DARTH VADER BREATHING just after Qui-Gon speaks. I know that most of you won't be able to confirm this until your next trip to the theatre, but trust me on this one. My brother hears it too. SO COOL!

*bounce* Star Wars! *bounce*

2. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Yep, Elewyn heard it quite a few times on our second viewing and pointed it out to me! Good ears she has!

3. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

I've been 3 times now, and never heard anything like that.....

Oh well, looks like I HAVE to go see it again.

4. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

that's *nothing*; if you stay 'til the end of the credits for the digitally-projected version only, you'll see a brief clip of an emotionally-distraught Liam Neeson wandering through the remains of the Tusken camp and wishing that he "could've saved one more!!!"

5. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    And just to add to things to watch for...

After the battle between Jango and Obi on Kamino, as Jango is entering Slave 1, you see him hit his head on the rapid descending hatch, there is even the sound effect. A homage to the Trooper from SW?

As the transport carrying Ani and Padme arrives at Naboo, on the extreme left of the screen (sorry you pan and scan lovers...) are 2 YT-1300 Transports - in other words - the Millenium Falcon.

And the well noted Bar cameos of Anthony Daniel (3P0) Amhed Best (Jar Jar) and Lucas' Daughter.

Hmm, there has to be more, gonna have to go see it again!

6. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

Was Lucas's daughter the unthin twilek eyeing Anakin (or, the camera) in one or two shots?

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    yeah, i'm pretty sure that was her. She was purple and was in the same shot as Ak-med Beq

8. custom_droid

custom_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    again people making refrence to copies of the movie on dvd or vcd.....i really would be interested in a copy for myself...feel free to email me if you have any insight - is it a copy of the digital or the film?

burkehall@sympatico.ca

9. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    Something else to watch for... the dreaded appearance of N'Sync.

Okay, everyone who was ready to throw up about this... they're the guys who throw Anakin and Obi-Wan the lightsabers after the Jedi show up on Genosia.

OH MY GOD

THAT TOTALLY RUINED STAR WARS

N'SYNC IS IN FOR A WHOLE HALF SECOND

LUCAS, YOU ARE SATAN INCARNATE!

... I hope this stops the whining.

10. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Old news on Qui-Gon's V.O. He flew in to do that and it was the talk of the town on certain talk shows a while back.

For what its worth; There is a BIG reason why Qui-Gon's V.O. was used. Something you'll all see in Episode 3!

Now, on the topic of cameo's. You'll also notice that the young boy in the Library that goes off with Jocasta Nu is none other then George Lucas's adopted son.

11. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Are you serious?? n'sync is actually IN the movie????????????? i need to see this again now to make sure the evil is complete

12. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Nute Gunray;

"This is getting out of hand! Now they have N'Sync!"

Dofine;

"Perhaps Britney Spears will be Padme's next decoy..."

13. Darth_Strider

Darth_Strider Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Yes I heard the same thing i noticed it the first time but why would Yoda sence that Qui-Gon would say that at all because no where in the star wars 1 does he say anything like that, and we all know Qui-Gon is long gone. I guess they had to have him come in again and just say that HAHA! ok

-Darth Strider

14. EBCorp

EBCorp Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2001
    Has anyone pointed out the Lawrence of Arabia reference? When Anikin and Padme arrive on Naboo they walk down a colonnade. It was filmed in the Spanish unit, in Seville... it uses the exact same colonnade as was used in the Spanish unit of filming Lawrence of Arabia - the bit before the intermission when Clade Rains and Jack Hawkins walk down the colonnade and into the distance musing about Lawrence being the man who rides the whirlwind. Interesting parallels, considering how both Anikin and Lawrence have their fall from grace.

Cheers

15. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    In case no one else noticed it, there's also a great little reference in there for fans of the Extended Universe:

At the very beginning of the movie, when Palpatine recommends to the Masters that Padme should be guarded by Obi-Wan and Anakin, Mace Windu says that those two have just recently returned from "a border dispute on Ansion".

Now, anyone who has read Alan Dean Foster's new SW novel "The Aproaching Storm", knows that it was about just that - Obi and Anakin (with some help from Luminara Unduli and her padawan) working on and solving a border dispute on the planet Ansion, and it's supposed to take place right before AotC!

Now the only question is which came first? Was the movie line put in as a reference to the book, or was the entire book written because of the one line?

16. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    "I was contacted by a man named Tyranus on of of the Bogden moons"

Bogden is a reference to the Droids TV series!

17. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

DROIDS!!!! whoo hooo! i'm so happy the classic shows are making a comeback! speaking of which i must ask because for the longest time i was thought i was delusional until i realized she actually IS a SW character...can anyone tell me who Auryn Yon is? full points to the correct answer, but i'm warning ya now...its a toughy ;)

18. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    You must mean Auren Yomm - a 15yr old girl from Umboo.

She was in the Droids cartoon

;)

19. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    Or more specifically:

Yomm, Auren - As a fifteen-year-old girl from the Umboo colony on Roon, she encountered R2-D2 and C-3PO during the early days of the Empire. Auren Yomm was a talented athlete and often led her team - which included the sleek droid Bix - to victory in the Colonial Games.

(I love the Star Wars Encyclopedia) ;)

20. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Hey! That's cheating!!! :D

21. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

WHOO HOOO! Kenobi gets all the points!! Now tell me you did you actually remember that or read it in the encyclopedia? lol ;)

22. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey, I don't have one of the largest Star Wars Reference Libraries for nothing.

I just didn't want to look like I was quoting out of the book :)

23. Lynora

Lynora Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2001
    what about the shadow of Vader....

I saw it when Padme and Anakin were on Tatooine, just before Anakin heads out to look for his mother...

24. bathory

bathory Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    ok i saw that too and i thought maybe i was reaching...

25. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    Sadly, yes, you're are reaching Hil. No Vader shadow.

In my latest viewing I did note the following:

Zam's last words are "Washane slimo". - there was a thread somewhere questioning this.

Dexter Jexxter's Cafe - the shot from the outside prior to the conversation - listen and you'll hear the Road Runners 'meep meep'

Finally on Kamino, when Obi approaches Jango before the fight begins, you notice a couple of crates by Jango's feet. They do not appear in any other scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.