main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Holy retcons, Batman! the Yuuzhan Vong where going to be in the CW's

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vidianefficiency, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Vidianefficiency

Vidianefficiency Jedi Master star 1

Feb 20, 2015
    Catastrophe averted I say, SW's is not star trek and invading hordes of klingons mixed with species 8472 types are not what I want to see. Your thoughts people?

2. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Depends on how Filoni planned their inclusion. Tbh, I didn't like them in the EU and might have created more problems in TCW.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Aren't the Clone Wars a bit early in the timeline for the Vong?

5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    It was going to be a scout ship, making a first incursion into the Republic.

6. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    No. In the old EU, they already had scouts in this time period within the GFFA. In fact, they even had a small mention in KoToR which goes much farther back.

7. Vidianefficiency

Vidianefficiency Jedi Master star 1

Feb 20, 2015
    not hate, I just think the whole vong saga didn't feel like the Wars to me.

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Their concept was cool and I buil a small army of the Hasbro figures. I say bring them.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    What mention was that?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    The Vong is a prime example of TCW trying to canonise the EU back before "legends" existed. At the time it would have been thought clever and fan pleasing. Now it's confusing for canon.

Another example was

"I was under the impression that Darth Maul's homeworld was Iridonia?"

Saga Explorer and snackynak like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Can a mod tag this for TCW.

Anyway I think it was just an Idea that never made it far.

12. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Am I the only that wanted the Vong? They had a nice sense of an enemy that is too powerful for just the Republic. Plus it's more EU becoming Canon.

13. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    the Vong invasion was the end of the EU for me.

14. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I've never read any post ROTJ Legends material- it was stuff like the Vong that put me off.

Chris_Fives, vw_jedi and cwustudent like this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Vong in TCW would have been tame in comparison compared to the NJO. Best series in SW imo. Better than the movies imo.

Carth Onasi gave a tall tale of meeting a Vong ship spat fire and escaped out of the galaxy or was close or something.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Iron_lord like this.
  16. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Well that's hardly their fault is it? At the time there was no hint that the EU wouldn't always be part of the canon system. It's Disney's fault for throwing out the entire EU.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Iron_lord like this.
  17. ekrolo2

ekrolo2 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    I've always liked "invaders from the beyond" type stories and the Vong themselves are pretty interesting from the standard SW stuff. I'd love to see them show up in the future movies in some capacity.

18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The Reavers from Firefly in some ways reminded me of the Vong.

19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder what aspects of the Vong would be canonized and if any aspects of the Vong would be changed.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    They probably work best as locust-like characters, devouring everything up in their wake and reshaping the galaxy in their own image. Maybe throw in some early concept connections to the Sith or something.

21. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    If they returned in the new canon, I think basically they should remain the same except they never invaded the galaxy in the time period they did in the NJO (perhaps never will in the lifetime of the OT cast). Another change, is that a Jedi never encountered them pre-TCW (Vergere).

Also they shouldn't have any connections to the Sith. One of the great things about the Vong as villains, is that unlike the past villains of the good guys, they had no connection/relationship to the darkside of the force.

22. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Yeah, it was kind of the end of the EU for me as well. I stopped reading all the new novels once the Vong storyline concluded. I was just completely disappointed by it. I could have lived with a brief Vong arc in TCW, but I'm not sure my fragile mental state could survive another Vong invasion post ROTJ.

23. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm all for the inclusion of other worlds and species in the animated series, so with CW gone, perhaps they could do a Rebels arc about them. Maybe a Vong scouting force moves into Imperial space, and it diverts the attention away from the Rebels, allowing for some infiltration. We could see the Imperials go up against an adversary other than rag tag rebel forces. I'd like to see Palpatine assert dominance and eradicate the Vong fleet.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I sort of hated the Vong - or rather, what their inclusion did to Star Wars.
    The species was kind of cool, and I liked certain aspects of their culture - but they became too big. All of a sudden, the entire history of the GFFA was revolving around the Vong.

So yeah, good riddance I say.

25. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I guess... if they said that all the unreleased TCW stuff is canon... then that pretty much means that, to a tenuous degree, the Vong are already back in.

[​IMG]

The existence of a species named Yuuzhan Vong, and the physical appearance of said species, at least.

Beyond that, basically nothing. Are they still from another galaxy? Are they still a species kicked out of the Force? Are they still gonna invade the GFFA? And, can a Vong invasion storyline, similar to that of NJO, be successfully, canonically dovetailed with the story they're going to be telling in the Sequel Trilogy without screwing everything up? I don't know, yet.