main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL HOLY SHAMALOEYS!! It's paintball time!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Water and a clean cloth.

2. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    If it isn't a thermal lens just use water and such. If it is thermal you can use water also but use a spray bottle so you don't get water inbetween the 2 layers. And as of the moment it doesn't look like I will be going but that could change but unlikely.

3. EliteMacFreak

EliteMacFreak Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2006
    A clean soft cloth, if you have one. Treat them like a decent pair of sunglasses. As Hazmatt said, water is good enough (that's all it takes to dissolve the leftover paint residue). If you were to use something like Windex, it *might* do bad things to the lens.

4. Fett402

Fett402 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    The whole not knowing the time thing is really starting to scare me....

5. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    It is no wonder our events are getting less and less turn out.

C'mon guys!! This is less than 4 days away!!!!!!!!!!!

6. DrJawa

DrJawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I'm trying to be patient and wait for more details but now I'm wondering if it's going to be $55 or $65. Also, do we have any idea how many people are coming out for this as it seems to be the same 5 to 6 people posting.

And with all this negative CPX talk going around, could someone who's actually been there chime in to maybe.....hopefully dispel some of this?

7. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    I was unable to get a human to answer the phone when I called just now, I will try again in the morning. Since I am the one that missed the extra $10 wording the first go-around, I will certainly be the first to pay it. My advice: plan for $65 and blame it on me. If it's only $55, you'll have extra cash!

The park opens at 9 AM. I will not be able to make it up into Chicago to offer rides this time, but I plan on arriving at the park at 8:30 AM. If people are planning on getting together to carpool, I recommend that you plan on getting to Challenge Park around that time as well.

8. EliteMacFreak

EliteMacFreak Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2006
    Haz, do you remember how many people you signed up for? Because those people won't have to pay the extra $10. If you could call CPX and see if they can make an exception, that'd be great. Otherwise, I think that an extra $10 on top of an already expensive park might make this a small group.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that I'm still in, and Sithy's brother (Pete) is definitely in. We tried to get Sithy to come, but he's up to his eyeballs in work these days.

9. Brickout

Brickout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    I'm still in.

10. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    I called CPX today and they are firm on their prices. If $10 is the breaking point for you, AND there are 10 other people who get there before you, I'll cover you. I don't want anyone to miss a ton of fun for $10.

Honestly, on pretty much every trip to Blast Camp I spend almost $100. If you count the fact that CO2 and 500 paintballs are included in your $55/$65, the price is the same as Blast Camp.

11. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Hi everyone jonesing for paintball.
    Sorry I haven't been to the boards for awhile.

Question, are you guys signed up on the chicagoforce.org mailing list?
    Did you receive the email entitled TMICF April Events (This Month in Chicago Force)?

Within this email was the details for the paintball outing. If you are the mailing list and didn't get it, you might want to check your spam or trash folder. This email is a mass mailing, so your email security might not have liked it. Here the text from TMICF

"This April on the Saturday the 14th, we will be trying a new park, Challenge Park in Joliet.

Prices are $55.00. While this is a little higher than past years this includes equipment rental, use of a pavilion, park entrance, unlimited CO2 refills, and 500 rounds of colorful spheres of death. As this is a new park, please RSVP to Carrie at jediautobot@chicagoforce.org by April 6th. To pay in advance, please send $57 to paypal@chicagoforce.org. (the extra $2 is to cover paypal fees) You can pay at the park, cash on hand, but please RSVP.

CPX Sports, 2903 Schweitzer Rd. Joliet, IL 60436
    Phone: 815 726-2800 Fax: 815 726-2803
    www.cpxsports.com

Players must be 10 years of age to play paintball. Players under 18 must have a Parent/Guardian Permission to Play form completed and signed prior to the game and also the Chicago Force waiver found on our website. Also, CPX offers in Central Park for storage of personal belongings. Just remember to bring your own lock. Players are required to sign a waiver at CPX Sports prior to playing. Players will also be required to attend a safety briefing before equipment is issued and play begins. We ask you that you pay attention during these briefing so you know whether it is okay or not to jump through windows :)"

Obviously we are past the April 6th deadline, but that was not a payment deadline, that was an RSVP deadline.

Looking through what I have received, and who has said that they are coming on this thread, we are still at the $55 rate.

Looking at the above, I didn't mention a start time. CPX opens at 9am, so lets say their parking lot at 8:30am.

12. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    I never got a TMICF. Usually I get them twice.

13. ObiWanBottari

ObiWanBottari Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I will be going, although the weather looks to be awful, but Emma won't, as she has school related activities. I am waiting to hear from Tom (Last name?)who expressed an interest in getting a ride. He is the young Obi Wan look alike from Chicago's Bridgeport area that has been to some of the Costume meetings. I will also haul the Rebel Fleet Endor Trooper Quartermaster Junkpile for those who do not come fully equipped for battle with those slimy extraterrestrials of the opposing side.

[quote="What fools these mortals be" -Puck][/quote]

14. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    I have a bunch of kneepads to deliver to you Lionel.

15. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    15 hours and counting. I think the no-camera rule is *****, but it does mean I get to play more! Yeah (for me)!

16. ObiWanBottari

May 19, 2005
    I also have accumulated a bunch of military rain ponchos and some rain suits and related gear that looks like it might come in handy, as the forecast still looks poor. I'd advise water resistant footwear, and it looks as though Endor might be muddy.
    Hopefully it won't rain right away, as that would be damn inconvenient when we are changing. I hate drying myself off with an Ewok.
    the Old Fossil

17. ObiWanBottari

May 19, 2005
    I finally got to read all the technical cogitations on the mechanics of moving more paint balls into orbit, and admit I have had a few thoughts on the matter.
    First of all, it's a game. The object is not to send people to the funeral home or hospital, there are other, government sanctioned activities for that. Raising the balls per second ratio has resulted in numerous hits on poorly protected body parts where formerly there was only one. This can mean a more serious injury than a mere bruise. The "ramping" technology, in my opinion, is a mistake.
    It is like battling it out with fire hoses. Yes, you can liquify an opponent, but they're not your enemy, just another paint baller like yourself, and possibly your friend or even girlfriend.
    But I understand how techies work, having been one myself.
    So I would propose dropping paintballs entirely and coming up with the next evolutionary step, already taken by gun technology, and propose the paint minie' ball.
    This would be rounded in front, slightly cylindrical, and have a concave indentation in the back. The puff or air or gas used to drive the ball would expand the rear of it against spiral twist rifling. This would allow for rifled barrels of the type used in the Civil War and greater range and accuracy at the same feet per second now used. Rather than hosing down an opponent, one would actually have to use skill in picking him off at 50 yards.
    The feeding of cartridges has been worked out extensively for this configuration of projectile, but it would be limited to the capacity of actual firearms, not 200 paint balls.
    The next thought I had applied to re-enactors. Why not face masks that resemble a human face, complete with beard, etc., and muzzle loading paintball marker muskets shooting black minies loaded with red paint for re-enacting Civil War battles?
    Equipped with big bang barrels, it would look pretty realistic.
    As you can seen, my head is in a place that's long, long ago, and far, far away.

18. DrJawa

DrJawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Bad news for me.......I won't be able to join you guys tomorrow and what sucks even more is that there won't be any pictures or video to watch afterwards to make me feel even worse for missing this.

So please, I'm expecting lots of good stories and a nice review of CPX.

19. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I don't think it would be high of an expectation to expect to see Lionel with a Ulysses Grant paintball mask in October.

20. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    I'd like to publicly thank the idiots who refused to replace the A/C unit for the server room at my work. Instead of spending $7000 last summer to get a new unit, they now get to spend over $30,000 to replace 3 Dell servers, a 48-port Brocade switch, and a hefty UPS that took issue with the A/C blowing water all over them. Oh, AND still the $7000 for the new cooling system.

Oh, and THANK YOU FOR HAVING ALL THIS HAPPEN AS I'M PULLING INTO THE FRAKKING PARKING LOT FOR PAINTBALL, YOU ASSHATS!

21. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Ouch.

I'm sorry to hear that it ended up being so bad.

22. ObiWanBottari

May 19, 2005
    I have to apologize profusely to Tate for having forgotten to leave the key to the padlock on the locker at CPX, if anyone can forward either my number to him (312-226-2990) or cell (619-306-1211)to him. I would be willing to haul back to CPX and open the locker early Sunday AM, get the marker and deliver it to him.
    I had got all the way to Bolingbrook before I realized the mistake, went back, and arrived at an empty parking lot.
    Hopefully the lock got cut off. It became a comedy of errors, where I didn't even get Tom back home in time to go to work.
    And Goat, pls. give me a call at the above as I don't think I have your number or address written down anywhere. Perhaps Emma has it.
    Outside of that, it was considerably less than poor Haz had to deal with; at least I was the idiot and can cover whatever loss.
    But the games were fun, even tho my Batman utility belt was pinching a nerve for a while- later rectified when I was able to get back into the action.
    The Forgetful Fossil

23. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    As goat and I were leaving, Tate and a ref were walking back to the locker, and the ref had a large pair of bolt cutters in hand. I'm pretty sure everything's squared away, tho you may have to go lock shopping soon.

A good time was had by most (sorry, Haz)! Next time let's make sure we get the muddiest courses possible again.

-Le Penguin
    "Dip dip dive
    so-socialize"

24. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    How's it fare against Blast Camp?

D'

25. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    did goat and elitemac have a sloppy, hollywood reconciliation?

i hope so. seriously!

i hate it when daddy and daddy fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.