main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate [holy ****] the senate regulars' collective wet-dream came true

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah where has KK gone to these days?

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    he dipped out after the senate burned. i think Mr44 is more likely to answer the bat-signal

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Didn't the fundamentalist Senaters leave for some kind of Outer Rim Sieges-type spin-off?

5. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    This stuff is too uncontroversial now for the second amendment crowd. It's like affirmative action and college admissions. The battle has been lost or won, depending on your point of view, so what's to discuss?

The only reason this guy is going to jail is because he enjoyed it too openly and bragged about it afterwards. If he had done his job of killing those teenagers with the seriousness it deserved, he would never have been charged with a crime.

6. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

plz tell me this is true

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Spin-off boards are so 2005.

DarthTunick likes this.
  8. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Rogue_Ten likes this.
  9. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    No. I'm not supporting the brazen joy this dude had at mowing down home invaders, but one has the right to be as merciful or brutal as one pleases once forced entry has occured....so far as I understand it.

10. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    That's exactly the misunderstanding that gets Byron Smith convicted of murder. He was home free on the reasonable fear of imminent danger due solely to the fact of breaking and entry, but he tripped himself up by confessing to the coup de fois gras.

11. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    he dipped out after the senate burned. i think @Mr44 is more likely to answer the bat-signal

Ok, answered, but why is this story a "Senate regular' collective wet-dream come true? "

Now, I think the title would be accurate if the US Airborne troops now deployed to Poland started slugging it out with Russian military forces....

This story is just meh....

12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    because this guy got to live out your collective fantasies, (granted, tehy were white teens, not black, but beggers;choosers). and hey, he might just get away with it

13. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

you saaaaayyy you're not supporting "brazen joy", but then in the same sentence that one can be as "brutal" as one pleases. you dont see the disconnect there?

if you can be as "brutal" as you wish, wouldn't that extend to headshotting the survivors?

Ender Sai likes this.
  14. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    What percentage of people who own guns for self defense honestly believes that they have carte blanche permission to kill home intruders? I bet it's an overwhelming majority.

15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    terrifying, lmao

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Hell, most of them probably think they can kill some suspicious-looking (i.e., non-white) person on the sidewalk. And in some states, they'd be right.

17. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    The trouble is it was a measly .22. If he'd had a real gun this wouldn't have been a problem. This is the lesson we should all take from this.

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
  19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I can only imagine how much more crazy & bizarre the customers would have been at my Walmart if the store had sold ammo.

20. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    This may, in your head, have made you sound tough and manly. To me it sounded like you'd made your left arm go numb so this time it felt exotic, like somebody else was doing it.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  21. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    the Minnesota law is an example of just how subtle a statute can be, waiting there to trip up the unsuspecting gun nut hellbent on bagging a gangster for his trophy wall:

The intentional taking of the life of another is not authorized by section 609.06, except when necessary in resisting or preventing an offense which the actor reasonably believes exposes the actor or another to great bodily harm or death, or preventing the commission of a felony in the actor's place of abode.

there's that pesky "necessary"

or "preventing the commission of a felony."

If the felony in question is burglary, the element of that crime is breaking and entry with intent... Once the entry has occurred, preventing the commission of that felony is no longer possible. Lying in wait in the basement cannot be deemed necessary to prevent its commission. You need set your ambush at the point of entry, or it's too late. After that you're going to have to rely on the reasonableness of your actions.

22. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

meanwhile, in the south...

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    This all makes perfect sense if you use your brain instead of your bleeding heart: if you commit breaking and entering, the penalty is death; if you commit double homicide the penalty is nothing you have the right to murder people so long as you do it in a place that you own.

What don't you get about that?

Sauntaero and Rogue_Ten like this.
  24. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I have been a victim of home invasion before and that seriously affects ones' judgement- good, bad, or otherwise. The only point I'm trying to make is that it won't happen again at Mr. K's house. Knee-jerk reaction? You bet your ass. I make no effort to say otherwise. Having a dude in your home threatening your life sux and I reacted like a damn coward. I have a family now and that makes a huge difference.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I love the YJCC. It's the best place for me to get my daily dose of "Several people died brutal deaths. It was funny as hell."