main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate [holy ****] the senate regulars' collective wet-dream came true

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Only about 1/3rd of American households have guns and the number is steadily declining. Of course, the number of guns per household is increasing. 8-}

Jedi Merkurian and Ender Sai like this.
  2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Your country is still a wasteland where culture and good policy go to die, Even. Sorry man. :(

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  3. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I gotcha, makes sense. I am wondering where my strong reaction to this comes from, too. Glad you feel safer where you're at, though. :)

4. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    What are you talking about? I wasn't promising anything. I was saying that if someone broke into my house and threatened my life, it wouldn't be as simple as pulling a trigger. I'm pretty queasy, so using a frickin battle axe or a sword in self defence would be much messier. It would be a complete last resort regardless.

5. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    You have to brandish it first, preferrably while making 'whooshing' sounds.

6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Just that you would even entertain using a replica of Narsil and a battle axe on an intruder is a hilarious **** right there.

7. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Thats all I hope it takes to scare intruders off. I wouldn't like to actually have to use it. Let alone using dumb one liners.

What else would I use? Go all the way up to the kitchen to grab a knife? Like I've said countless times, I really hope it never comes to it, but IF the situation ever arises I wouldn't just sit there and be stabbed to death. My god you are so pretentious.

8. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I have my trusty lightsabre for home invasion protection. Batteries are fully charged. It has special sound FX and everything.

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I have my rapier wit.

Violent Violet Menace and Mr. K like this.
  10. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

plz tell me this means you literally live in your moms basement

Ender Sai likes this.
  11. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    It's a Carriage House.

12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i dont know what that means and im not sure it conclusively answers my question

Ender Sai likes this.
  13. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    oh i get it. you live in your mom's carriage house. with a replica lotr sword. and a battle axe

Ender Sai likes this.
  14. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Nevermind, pleb. You didn't get the reference.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It worries me how much time is spent thinking of responses to home invasion threats. Time that should be spent masturbating, given how wanky the "I WOULD MESS THEM UP" comments sound.

TX-20 likes this.
  16. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    oh so google says that was a reference to the hit film "fanboys" that i didnt see.

so you do actually live in your mom's basement with a lotr sword and a battle axe then? fabulous

17. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Are you stupid or just pretending to be? If you got "Look at how badass I am with my nerdy things!" out of that post, it went so far over your head. ALL I have is a fricking fake, blunt, sword, picking up dust in my closet. I don't have a gun. My point was, I don't want to use it as it is NOT a good item for self defence. Get it now?

Oh and we're on a Star Wars forum so excuse me for having nerdy things. And I'm not the one with 30000 posts.

18. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    You can't masturbate in a carriage house, man. That's just uncouth. Besides, the odds of the dark armies of Sauron casting an assault on said carriage house is remote at best.
    Understand, most of these guys haven't been to the SW discussion boards since the 2000's.

19. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    because this guy got to live out your collective fantasies, (granted, tehy were white teens, not black, but beggers;choosers). and hey, he might just get away with it

Ah, never mind, I thought for a tiniest second there you were asking a legitimate question. Why is it that no matter what the topic is, you project your perception onto those who you assume disagree with you, but you're always so wrong with what those assumptions are? I guess the easy answer would be to chalk it up to melancholy fueled t-shirt slogan deeply held Marxist beliefs, but I think it goes deeper than that. But hey, don't let anyone's actual views get in the way of whatever your think your point was.

On second thought, nevermind. I don't want to know. One cannot behold the face of the gorgon and live....

20. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    I certainly hope he doesn't get away with it, but the law may unfortunately be in his favor. I don't want this nutso's outrageous (and murderous) behavior to affect law-abiding homeowners that do protect their homes with a firearm like moi.

EDIT: Wait...who are we talking about again? Are you guys cross-referencing threads again? Damn you all......[sniff sniff] oh, cake!

21. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Ahhhhhh. That makes more sense. I joined here in anticipation for the upcoming movies, and occasionally peek into the community forums. I should probably stick to the main forums. I've got friends I can hang out with in the real world, I don't need to antagonize noobies for the lulz.

22. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

lol you thought the post in the cliven bundy thread was for serious

so, what punishment do you think this guy should get?

23. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    It's really reassuring to see my fellow Canadians talking about how they'd totally slay baddies with their swords. This after a pretty high-profile incident where five partying college kids were stabbed in Calgary like a week ago.

I have friends that argue against tougher gun laws (in Canada, no less) because "knife crime is far worse than gun crime." Yeah, because people can't get ******* guns. If they had guns, they wouldn't be bothering with knives.

Jedi Merkurian and TX-20 like this.
  24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I would just like to point out that Canada has the best middle class in the whole world. It was officially in the news yesterday.

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Yes.