main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Home In Time for Supper--Wraith Squadron/OCs >>Update! 1/6<<

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Xaara, Sep 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I've got to agree with talkingbanana...the part about joining Security was great!

"But how are you not entirely related?" Yeah, engagement is the only way I know of to answer that question. :) Even if he doesn't always think before he speaks, Jax can sure think quick on his feet.

Her glare interrupted him more successfully than any words could have.
    Next to "joining Security," that was my favorite line in this section. It really drives an image home.

Rison seems to have a good grounding effect on Jax. Good thing, too, otherwise Jax might have done something rash. :p

Jax only half-heard Rison say, "I'm going to have a shipmate of mine sleeping in my room tonight ? he picked up some bad burns in the explosion."
    I can't decide if this is a signpost for something big coming up later, or if it's a background detail. Hmm. I'll have to wait and see, I guess. :)

Looking forward to more!

-Katie
    Thumper

2. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Friendly little UP, hoping to earn an update ;)

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Sorry I'm late. I've been caught up in the newsletter again. Thank goodness this is the last time. My three months will be up at the conclusion of this edition, and it'll be time for a new organizer to take over.

Hey, Xaara, didn't I see in the New Year's Resolution thread that you wanted to do something in the newsletter ... ?

Straightening, Rison asked, "We?" He shook his head vehemently. "Jax, I honestly don't think that's the best use of my time. Can't you see the headlines all over the HoloNet? Imperial Defector Captured While Attempting to Kidnap New Republic Librarian."

LOL!

Jax only half-heard Rison say, "I'm going to have a shipmate of mine sleeping in my room tonight ? he picked up some bad burns in the explosion." Nodding, he continued on with Nascha and left Rison to fend for himself.

Jax, Nascha, this burned shipmate ... why doesn't Rison kidna -- er -- persuade a doctor to come with them too? ;)

A low chuckle emerged from the hoverchair. "Good. You're much more intelligent than you act at times. The way you shot vibroblades at that nurse, I thought you were going to try to break me out."

More blood rushed to his face. "I wouldn't do something like that," he muttered.

Uh hunh ...

Love the dialogue! Jax is so funny. I like Rison, too.

Nice website, by the way. :)

4. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    LOL....great stuff, Xaara, had me rolling on the floor laughing. I could SO see how Jax feels, what with having slept >4 hours last night and endured school today....LOL

-JSD

5. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Update soon, please, Xaara? :D Pretty please with sugar on top?

-Katie
    Thumper

6. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    I've been horribly busy lately - between preparing for AP tests and editing the Fanfic Newsletter (*points at Jane* It's all her fault! :) ) I haven't really been able to keep up with this story. For now I'll have to settle for replies to your wonderful responses. Update ASAP, I promise.

talkingbanana: Thank you for both the review and the up. (And I know I've already told you I love your username, but it's still true - I can't look at it without smiling. :D )

Thumper09: Jax is a character that doesn't always plan what he's going to do before he does it. It's endearing in a way and frustrating in another when I'm trying to write him and he does something utterly random. ;)

I can't decide if this is a signpost for something big coming up later, or if it's a background detail. You will indeed find out. And that's all I'm going to say, except, of course, thank you!

Jane: Thanks. Rison should persuade a doctor to come along, shouldn't he? Well, I suppose whether or not he'll need one all depends on what happens overnight and over the course of the next day. ;)

The website was a little something I put together because I reasoned I should have some experience with web page design. Glad you liked it.

JSD: I'm beginning to identify with my sleep-deprived characters as well. Oh, to rest peacefully for six hours in a day! Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy the next part, whenever that might appear. :p

7. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    I just found this fic and I'm absolutely loving this.. The Wraiths and Rogues are my all-time favorite characters in the whole SW realm and I just love the mischief and good humour they create, not to mention their ability to survive even impossible odds. Sometimes it feels like the whole lot is Corellian or something.. :D You have portrayed the characters really well in this stroy and my darling Ton , even had a big part..
    I'm relly beginning to like you ex-Imp, somehow he really strikes the note with me.. I genuinely already like him.. I really do..

*waiting very eagerly foor another post*

8. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Thanks, Lumi. :) I agree - they do seem to defy the odds quite often. And I'm glad you like Rison. He's grown a lot since his inital conception, and I've become rather fond of him myself.

Readers: I seem to find myself saying this a lot, but my most sincere apologies for the delay. I really didn't realize how much time Advanced Placement classes took up until I approached AP test time. And then, before I knew it, five months and no update! :( Please accept my assurances that this won't happen again. I hope to finish writing over the summer, so you can expect updates at least three or four times a month from now on.

But this isn't what you're here for. On to the story!

"I won't just sit here when they're in danger," Tyria said, her expression betraying her worry. "We can't leave the rest of them out there while we loiter around a hotel and do nothing."

Wedge rubbed at his chin, wincing at the scrape of the stubble that had appeared overnight. "We also can't go charging into a situation that may or may not be as it seems."

"But sir, we have to do something."

"I understand that sentiment. Sometimes, however, doing nothing actually amounts to doing the best you can under the circumstances."

She spun to face him, her eyes blazing. "That's not good enough."

"Flight Officer Sarkin," Wedge said tightly, "that's enough. We all agree that we don't like what's going on here, but fighting within the group is hardly going to accomplish anything."

Tyria turned away, toward a window, her arms wrapped around herself, her lower lip caught between her teeth. "I'm sorry, sir. That was unwarranted."

"Apology accepted. I think the best possible thing to do now is to gather information. We don't have the time or the resources to rush here."

Lucio leaned forward in the plush seat he occupied. "What if we go the noisy route? Call Central Command, have them send an army with air support to take the planet by force. That's what we're hoping is going to happen anyway, isn't it?"

Shaking his head, Wedge said, "My orders are to prevent any sort of violence."

"Wedge, our people, who may I remind you are Rebels disguised as Imperials captured by Rebels , are in danger no matter what happens," Wes said. "If they follow orders and don't reveal their identities to the Rebels, then they'll be seen as hostile and perhaps executed as hostages when the Imps attack. If they do reveal their identities, then if the Imps capture them they'll be aware of our presence here. Either way, it won't be pretty."

"This is what we're going to do," said Wedge, thinking aloud. "We're going to contact Phanan and Loran, and we're going to tell them what's happened. We're also going to call Grinder and see if he's heard from Myn's group. Then we're going to find out whether the Imperials captured them or whether they're being held captive by the Rebels."

"How?" asked Piggy. "Begging your pardon, sir, but it would be slightly difficult to approach Imperials and say, 'Excuse me, have you captured our friends?'"

"Which is why we ask the Rebels in this cell. They have connections within the Imperial command structure here; I talked to Melcia about it. She's procuring the information as we speak."

Silence fell for a moment, and then Wes said, "And if they have been captured?"

Wedge took a deep breath. "If they've been captured by Imps we're scratching the mission, scratching our orders, and getting them out of there before we blast off this rock of a planet. If they've been captured, there's not a single?"

The annunciator rang and Tyria rose to open the door for whoever stood outside. Wedge noted with approval that the rest of the Wraiths had disappeared into closets and behind pieces of furniture by the time the visitor entered.

"You can come out," Wedge said when he saw Melcia standing at the door. He rose, offered her his seat ? which she accepted ? and dragged a corner of his bed close to the

9. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    AP courses? And here I thought it was that stint as Newsletter Editor that took your attention away from this story.

Wedge sounds nicely confident, just like in the books. I like the trust that he has in his people. They don't have many resources, but they make up for that in intelligence and being quick-thinking. But can it really be so easy to get the prisoners out by to-morrow?

A door in the ceiling -- that's very difficult to get out of. Loved the part about getting all the facts straight -- or at least I loved it until the last sentence. The rebel group is a decoy created by the Imperials to control real rebel activity -- does that mean that Wedge is working with the Imperials, thinking that they are rebels? (I can't remember if I knew this before. Five months is a long time for my sieve-like memory.) In any case, this is getting complicated.

Of course, if the Imperials are giving them something to eat, then there must be hope. I don't know if they'd bother to feed them if they were planning the worst.

Glad to see this going again! But if you post during July and I don't respond, it's because I'm travelling, not because I'm losing interest. :)

10. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Yay, uppy-date! :D

Wow, I didn't see this coming--the big Rebel cell is actually an Imperial group. It's good that Wedge is keeping his head and not blindly charging into anything. They could get trapped very easily in this situation.

Wedge also mentioned that if the Imperials had captured the others (like he just learned), they'd scrap the mission and go after them. It's a great way to show how much he cares about his people. I just hope the long-term consequences of scrapping the mission don't come back to get him in trouble or cause something worse.

I liked the magical portal conversation too. :)

-Thumper

11. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Thanks, guys. I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I'll reply in more detail when I'm less pressed for time.

As for the rest of the story, the end is in sight. Of course, now that I've actually written a substantial portion of the story, my Internet is no longer allowing me to post on the JC. I can see everything, I just can't post. Same goes for my LiveJournal and e-mail. :p Life just loves to mess around with me that way.

So to make this quick (because I'm posting from the library and have a restricted amount of time), I probably won't be able to update for a few days at least. Thanks for your patience (again), and I hope to be able to get you the next segment of the story as soon as humanly possible.

12. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    *hunts around for Xaara to see if another update is coming soon* :D

-Thumper
    [/pestering]

13. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    It's your lucky day, Katie. (Or week. Close enough. :p)

In case you're wondering where in the world I go when I end up disappearing for months at a time, I have a secret hut deep in the Amazon where I write my stories longhand on tree bark and live in harmony with nature. Really.

Or maybe I just apply to college all over the place and fill out so many forms that require my name and address that I can barely look at myself or my house without wanting to curl up and die. Hopefully in a nice place.

Because of the long delay, and because I know even I didn't remember everything that had happened in the last fifteen posts or so, I have here your recap.

Previously on HITFS: All of our heroes are on Noráshi, taking their sweet time getting to know the Rebel leaders. They've split into three groups?Group One (Wedge, Tyria, Lucio, Wes, and Piggy), Group Two (Runt, Kell, Myn, and Falynn), and Group Three (Face, Ton, and Alahna). Grinder is aboard the Mynock waiting for them and making sure he stays abreast of any security developments.

Group Two has managed to become captured by Rebels-turned-Imps who set up an elaborate plot to deceive Myn and the rest of his squadronmates. All four people in the group are being held in an Imperial prison?Myn and Kell are in adjacent cells; Tyria and Runt are off in places unknown.

Group One has found out about Group Two's capture at the hands of this faux-Rebel group. Wedge has decided that by the next afternoon, he and those with him will have rescued the rest of the Wraiths, possibly with the help of Melcia, Charla, and the rest of the thus-far trustworthy cell with which he's formed a relationship.

Group Three rescued Moira, the sister of Saro and apparent leader of yet another local rebel cell, and took her to cell headquarters, where rebel doctors are treating her blaster wounds. Saro broke down and told Ton, Face, and Alahna about Moira and her activities, and while waiting in the lobby of cell headquarters, Face and Alahna shared their long-awaited first kiss.

Nascha, Rison, and Jax are still on Coruscant. Nascha's recovering from smoke inhalation and Jax from a severe concussion, both injuries a result of the mysterious explosion that occurred inside one of the NR buildings. No one seems to know exactly what's happened yet.

And as we rejoin our story, our intrepid fighter pilots are about to embark upon yet another set of adventures?.

"What do you mean we can't contact Myn?" Face said, annoyed. He wrapped his arms around Alahna from behind and hooked his chin over her right shoulder. "His comlink should still be working."

"Should being the operative word there," she said. "I don't know what's happening, but whenever I try to call his comlink, it gives me a 'no such frequency' recording and cuts me off." She held her comlink to his ear to demonstrate and he frowned at the tinny error message.

"Can you call Wedge?" he asked. "Maybe if we call him, he'll know where Myn is."

"I tried that, too. No luck. The frequency's busy and nothing's getting through."

Ton approached the pair, one of his hands stretched before him, the other held firmly over his eyes. "Are you two done nuzzling?" he said. "I don't know exactly how I feel about your?welded-together status at the moment, but suffice it to say it's not pleasant to watch."

"Are you done talking?" Face retorted, rolling his eyes at his wingmate's attempt at humor. "And we're not welded together. We're simply stuck together."

"With glue," Alahna offered. "Much less permanent."

"Oh, that's brilliant," said Ton, forgoing the eye shield in favor of tossing his hands upward. "You're only glued together."

Alahna's shrug bounced against Face's chin before she said, "Do you have a problem with that?"

"Not at all." Ton stared at the ceiling, refusing to meet Face's eyes. "Just?no, not at all."

"Uh, you three?" A young man?Per, Face remembered?sent a halfh

14. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    yay! :D

In case you're wondering where in the world I go when I end up disappearing for months at a time, I have a secret hut deep in the Amazon where I write my stories longhand on tree bark and live in harmony with nature.
    Hmm, but then what do you use for ink? [face_thinking]

Great update, as always. Poor Ton, having to deal with the welded--no, sorry, glued-together Face and Alahna. It sounds like he's jealous.

I wouldn't have expected a group who's so busy causing "hellraising" violence against the Imps to have enough time to keep the complex so clean. Maybe that's what the second-in-command is so good at, though. ;)

The "superior intellect" line was perfectly placed, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Face has come up with. (Evil cliffhangers)

Good luck with the college applications--I know how un-fun they are.

-Thumper

15. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Hmm, but then what do you use for ink? Fine, be all investigative and logical. :p

Yeah, Ton's not having the best time of it--watching his best friend find a girlfriend is a little traumatic. Well, cleanliness is next to, uh, defeating Imps. Or something. ;)

Thanks for the "superior intellect" mention--once I put the word "superior" in a post within ten kilometers of Ton, I had to have it.

Thanks also for the good luck wishes. I just finished the actual college applications...except now there's a whole slew of scholarship applications waiting for me. :p

16. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Holy cow, you're alive!

And with a fantastic update!

Great job, as always. Loved the bickering between Face and Phanan; that was perfect.

Keep up the fantastic work!

17. Wyn_Fel

Wyn_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2004
    Wow. I had no idea how hard you had worked on this fic. I promise to keep up with the updates, and I also promise to have a better reply later.

I'm actually on your computer... :D

UP for the 6 hour NSO practice!

~Wyn

18. Wyn_Fel

Wyn_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2004
    I was wondering if you are ever going to finish this story...

Or not... :D

EDIT: I just realized that this month is my one-year anniversary of being part of the boards. Go me!

~Wyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.