main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Home In Time for Supper--Wraith Squadron/OCs >>Update! 1/6<<

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Xaara, Sep 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Thank you and welcome, Ultima_1. I hope you stick around for the fun. :)

Lelila: Thanks!

*looks around innocently* Take bets on who started what, Guinastasia? [face_plain]

*scowls back at LM* Well, I never said this story was going to be completely devoid of cliffhangers, did I? *reads rest of review, heart softens somewhat* But then again, since you left such a nice review, I'll thank you for reading anyway. ;) I don't know exactly how much we-the-hive-mind will learn about the whole Jedi healer thing--I still have several unresolved plot points and threads on hold there--but rest assured, there will certainly be some exploration of that aspect of the Force.

2. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm quite familiar with unresolved plot threads, as I'm sure you know. ;) But if it does appear, I'd love to hear more about Jedi healers. And the hive-mind says it would too. :)

3. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
  4. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    Up, perché penso che sei meravigliosi. ;)

5. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Thanks for stopping by, LM and Ultima_1! Yes, LM, unresolved plot threads are one of those facts of a writer's life... ;) Enjoy!

Face didn't have time to delve into the mystery of who had started the raging battle around him. Before his mind had caught up with his body, he had slid from his chair and was crouched under the table, grimacing as one hand touched the floor and a sticky substance coating it. A part of him was surprised to find Alahna under the table with him; a part of him was surprised she had not arrived there before him.

"So," she said, yelling over the erupting shouts and cries of indignation behind her, "do we join in or try to cut our losses and leave?"

After peeking over the edge of the table, a harrowing experience during the course of which he was nearly hit squarely in the forehead by what appeared to be a small vegetable, Face made his choice. "Run," he said. "And run fast."

Alahna nodded, her face split in an amused smile, and said, "Bet you can't beat me to the door."

"I probably can't. In case you hadn't noticed, I am trapped between you and the wall. Said exit is not along my escape vector." He caught a grin; then she was gone.

Standing outside the protective radius of the small table, Alahna did not spare a glance at the jumble of sentients to the right. With a speed that would have done justice to a Jedi, she sprinted to the automatic doors and shoved her way through, shoulder first, the better to flee quickly. Face followed, traversing her same path and almost catching the heel of his boot in the door closing behind him. Once outside, he leaned against the wall and slid down it, eventually reaching a sitting position, his legs stretched out into the hall before him.

"Well, that was interesting," came a voice from beside him. Alahna sat in a much similar posture, her eyes dancing and her laughter lighting up her face. "Do you do that often? I've escaped eating establishments for more than one reason in my life, but I think that's the first time I've seen a full-blown food fight since primary school."

Face scowled, annoyed that his lunch had been so completely and rudely interrupted. "Unfortunately, around fighter squadrons, they're not all that uncommon." He didn't add the last part, [i]I?m sorry it ruined our lunch[/i], because Commander Antilles chose that moment to appear around the corner, walking purposefully to the mess hall doors.

Face scrambled to his feet and intercepted the man, throwing a quick salute. "Uh, sir, if you're headed in there to get something to eat, I'd wait a little while first."

Wedge returned the salute. "Do I want to know why you just intimated that piece of advice?"

"Probably not, sir."

A flicker of indecision crossed Wedge's face and he looked from where Alahna climbed to a standing position to the door of the mess. "You had nothing to do with it, am I correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"You know, Loran, I wouldn't believe you if you didn't have an impartial witness here?"

"Not much to tell," Alahna said, shrugging. "A spoonful of stew, a big pilot, a complete loss of any shreds of sanity that might cling to the sentients in that room."

Wedge adopted a pained and reluctantly acquiescent look. "Who was hit first?"

It was Face's turn to shrug. "I don't really know, sir. As soon as the fight started, Miss Vahr and I retreated under the protection of our table."

"A prudent decision."

"We thought so at the time, yes."

"Is it still going on?"

An overripe fruit smashed into the small window in the sliding door, splattering red juice with a sickening splat. Face just barely managed to keep a neutral expression as he said, "I don't know, sir, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say there are still several participants just waiting for someone to walk through that door."

"Ah." Wedge opened his mouth as if to continue, but seemed to think better of it and instead leaned heavily against a nearby wall. Some time passed before he spoke again. "I spend my entire adult

6. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    An up and a prayer for the families and friends of all the astronauts aboard the recent ill-fated Columbia mission: may God bless each and every one of them.

7. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    I'd like to add my codolences in regards to the Columbia crash. How sad. :(

On another topic, wonderful post Xaara! Completely and utterly hilarious, as I've come to expect from you. I love the fact that Face's big date was interrupted by the immaturity of his fellow pilots. I feel so sorry for Wedge! [face_laugh] I don't know how he puts up with them...

An overripe fruit smashed into the small window in the sliding door, splattering red juice with a sickening splat. Face just barely managed to keep a neutral expression as he said, "I don't know, sir, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say there are still several participants just waiting for someone to walk through that door."

:D Tee hee. That was hysterical.

"Are you sure you don't want to do it?"

"Pretty sure."

"Really sure?"

"Positive."

Great dialogue! I love Alahna. Her and Face are perfect together. Nice post, can't wait for more. :)

8. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Well, there are several theories on how Wedge puts up with his squadronmates, but I personally think that, since he was once actually one of those immature food-fighters, he can overlook it as simply one of those things every pilot must go through. In other words, I don't know how he puts up with it! :D

Alahna and Face are fun to write together, especially as I think of Face as sort of an overgrown boy--he's not old enough to have had a lot of life lessons. On the other hand, he's a nice guy, so they should be able to get along...

Thank you!

9. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Great post. I wonder if Face saying that Wedge is coming will stop it, or will focus everyone's attention on the door when Wedge walks in ;)

10. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    "I spend my entire adult life chasing Imperials so the galaxy can be free and I can't even get a decent meal in the base mess."

I love Wedge he always gets the best lines :)

Glad you got to post more. I worked on the Space Shuttle program for 4 years as an intern for the Air Force, so the loss hit me extra hard. I too join in offering my symapthy to the family members of the Columbia seven. The memorial is in alittle bit so I am off to take care of business so I can watch

11. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    I don't know, Ultima, I just don't know... :D Thanks!

TKeira: Thank you. Wedge is the quintessential beleaguered commanding officer?and yes, he does get all the best lines.

I was watching live on TV when the Columbia broke apart and it was a real eye-opener. I was too young to remember the Challenger, so this was the first real NASA accident I experienced first-hand. I can't really say something that hasn't already been said, but those seven astronauts will be remembered in our history for a long time.

12. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    I was less than 2 years old when Challenger blew up, so this is the first space disaster I remember firsthand, but a couple years ago, I wrote a report on Challenger.

13. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I love writing Wedge in my story, he has some of the best lines. The X-WIng books and comics are some of the funniest. Although {on a side note} did you ever notice there is a lot of hanky panky going on between all those X-Wing pilots. If I started a list it would take up a whole page I think.

When do we get more?

14. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Xaara,

Great Post.

~Lelila~

15. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Ultima_1: We had to study the Challenger in fifth or sixth grade, and I recall very clearly this attitude of "That was a once-in-a-lifetime event--it'll never happen again." I have to admire astronauts who can take off for hard vacuum in a piece of metal with the knowledge that they might never make it back, because that takes more courage than anything else that comes to mind.

TKeira: Wedge is one of the greatest characters ever (as evidenced by his huge and growing group of devout admirers, including yours truly), and he deserves the occasional great one-liner. :)

Lelila: Thanks! :D

16. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I was in second grade when the Challenger disaster occurred. I remember everyone being really shocked and dismayed-a lot of us thought it would be so cool to be an astronaut.

17. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
  18. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    UP UP AND AWAY!!!

19. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    I read up to the start of page three Xaara, and I'm lovin' it! Just the thing I need when I'm bored! :) This is an awesome idea!

Not too mention I love the time period you picked because it's pre-Lara and Falynn is still alive! Hurrah! :D

How many times is it possible to say awesome in one review? Because I'm tempted to say it alot right now!

But since it's Valentine's, we'll just say,
    "Spectacular, spectacular, no words in the vernacular, can describe this grand event, you'll be dumb with wonderment!"

I can't wait for more!

20. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
  21. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
  22. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    UP UP UP!!!

23. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
  24. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    Up! Ooh, I hope we get a new post soon.... ;)

25. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.