main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Home In Time for Supper--Wraith Squadron/OCs >>Update! 1/6<<

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Xaara, Sep 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Maybe you're just prejudiced against librarians!

[face_laugh] Do I sense some occupational outrage? While I do adore libraries, I must admit that I haven't always had the best experiences with librarians, particularly the ones at my school. They seem to delight in reprimanding us for some minor and entirely insignificant infraction. However, I am willing to overlook this in respect to Nascha, as I enjoy her very much.

"Cracken here," the voice muttered groggily. "This had better be good." There was an almost imperceptible hesitation before Cracken added, "Or if this is someone of the rank of general or above, this had better be good, sir."

*laughs* What a great line. Whenever I'm reading this story, I always feel like I'm reading what X-wing novels had to potential to be. Sure, they had great plots and funny dialouge, but the characterizations tended to be lacking, in my opinion, anyway. Here, we are awash in beautiful characterizations, to be somewhat verbose. ;) Particularly in regards to Wedge, you have quite a talent for expressing all aspects of a character's personality in a well-blended manner.

I'm really enjoying Wedge and Wes's relationship. It's very interesting and amusing. However, I must say again with the chorus of "Poor Wedge!"'s. :p

Ackbar didn't seem to be overly upset about the death of his niece. Is that because he's an alien, and therefore difficult to read, or it is characteristic of Ackbar specifically? I really don't know much about him, he just seemed a little detached.

Great job on the post, and I can't wait for the next one! :)

2. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Do I sense some occupational outrage? Well?something like that. ;) My mom's a librarian, and she complains incessantly about how underutilized libraries are. I had to promise her to include a library in my story, so I took the liberty of including a librarian, and see where I ended up! Moms are the greatest invention ever.

Wedge is the most incredibly versatile character. He's kind, sensitive, empathetic, strong-willed, ruthless, and calculating, just to name a few of his widely varied personality traits. (I've always been slightly jealous of Iella for snagging him. :D ) I must admit, however, that he's fun to beat on?

Actually, Ackbar's reaction to Jesmin's death was rather passive for two reasons:

1) He's a conditioned admiral and has undoubtedly been warned against sharing heavy emotions with his subordinates. Officers simply don't usually communicate on such a personal level with those lower on the chain of command, at least not within a professional setting.

2) Although this exchange does not take place in my story, in Wraith Squadron, Jesmin tells her uncle that if she is to die in the service of the New Republic, she does so willingly. I believe that Ackbar would be prepared to accept her death, regardless of how unexpected it might be.

Thank you for your comments!

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I was only teasing about Pash, really, especially if the plans you have for that pilot include killing him or her off. :)

Poor Face! I liked the way the silence after his outburst unnerved him, because he'd been expecting someone to burst in on him. I guess everybody's keeping to themselves to grieve on their own? Where is Ton, anyway?

I'll bet Wedge doesn't let himself feel rage like this very often, because of his position as squadron leader and all that. It doesn't mean he's not capable of it. I liked the way that Wes tried a little joke, first, then tried to get him to calm down and reconsider. And the way that Wedge combined his rage with military formality was great, too.

I liked the difference in climate that was obvious in Ackbar's office. Of course he'd want to feel comfortable where he's working.

I really liked the way that Wes was wondering about Wedge's impassive formality, and then realized that this was the aspect of his friend's personality that was the Starfighter Command Officer.

So it was Cracken after all? Thanks for the gold star -- but unless you had wanted to make up an OC, I don't think there was anyone else it could have been. Now, just like Ackbar, I'm waiting for any information Cracken might come up with. Wedge and Cracken don't seem to get along very well, to judge by the way they were eyeing each other as they went out. I've read the X-wing novels several times, but I don't remember any open antipathy between them. Is it just that Cracken is annoyed at being hauled out of bed in the middle of the night, and Wedge is angry that something got by Intelligence and killed one of his pilots?

Any pilot from any other squadron ... who will it be? Can't wait to find out!

Wonderful post!

4. _RogueFire_

_RogueFire_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2003
    I?ve actually been reading this fic since their was only 2 pages to this tread. Yes I know I?m very guilty of lurking. But I thought I might delurk to tell you that this is an exceptional fic and I?m utterly addicted to the story. :D

I love how you portrayed Face. I don?t think I have ever seen another writer give his character such a human depth. You expressed his weakness, his insecurities and his fears down putt. In your fic he is so much more then a the dashing young pilot who makes women swoon. :)

Gotta love your OCs!! Their believable. Alahna is a really fun character to read. She is independent and strong. I love how you expressed her weaknesses. I always believe that the best characters are the one?s who are believable. And that means the ones that have weakness and insecurities and fear just like the rest of us in the real world.

Oh! And Jax is just too cute. I just love him. [face_love]

Before I stop my never ending rumbling I just wanted to comment on your Myn Donos. Myn is a really hard character to get, but you did a great job. I love the sense of shyness that you gave him. It makes him human. And as a Myn fan I got to ask: Are you going to further explore his relationship with Falynn? It was such a shame that their relationship was never really explored in the novel?s.

5. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Hey Xaara I am guilty of lurking but I wanted to give a shout out. I have been keeping up! Great job, been busy, I'' comment when I have time! :D

6. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Jane Jinn: No, Wedge is not openly emotional around his squadron, but Wes is a little more that a subordinate officer. I love the way they interact throughout the X-wing books, and I've tried to stay true to most aspects of their relationship.

You pretty much got what I was leaning toward about the animosity between Cracken and Wedge. It seems to me that Wedge would be distrustful of an Intel network that lets a spy/saboteur through, and that Cracken would be disappointed in his people more than actually annoyed at Wedge, hence the tension between them. Thank you. :)

Hello, _RogueFire_! Welcome aboard--I always appreciate a delurker. :) Actually, the way I attempt to portray Face is how he appears in most of Iron Fist. I think that book presents him in a sympathetic and three-dimensional way that the other books fail to match completely.

Thank you for your comment on the OCs. If I were to pick something that's both challenging and rewarding, it would definitely be writing OCs. The Myn/Falynn relationship is a plot thread that I've placed on a back burner for the time being, but it might resurface...you never know! ;)

Glad to know you're still around, TKeira. Don't worry about replying--I'm just happy to know that you're still reading. :)

This one goes to _RogueFire_. Enjoy!

There's no one else out there. I think I'm on Coruscant, so why is there no one else here? There shouldn't be grass. Where's the hangar?

A sound. Where is that? Why is it ringing? Is it?

Face woke with a jolt, and reached his right hand out to slap at his alarm. Opening one eye, he squinted at the luminescent numbers on the front of the chrono, groaning to see that they showed 0300. Swinging his legs over the edge of the bed, Face sat motionless for a moment to allow his body time to adjust. A detached part of him wondered why he was still in uniform. The majority of his brain didn't care enough to ponder the insignificant anomaly. "It's too early," he mumbled to himself.

"Agreed," said Ton cheerily, emerging from the 'fresher, toweling his hair dry. "However, the sooner we leave, the sooner you'll be able to enjoy the luxury of sleeping through hyperspace."

"It's too early," Face repeated sullenly, rubbing at his eyes. "I had about three hours of sleep last night."

"You have to pack, Face," Ton admonished, giving Face a critical once-over. "And at any rate, it's going to take you at least an hour to keep your hair from sticking up like that. I'm going to eat breakfast. Care to join me when you're done?"

Rubbing his eyes, Face stood and stretched, then yawned his answer. "I'll be down in half an hour."

"Sure." Ton exited the room, and the door slid into place behind him. Groaning, Face began to pack.

The mess hall was large, mostly empty, and strangely quiet. On most mornings, the cafeteria bustled with frenetic activity, but when Face arrived, only a scattered handful of pilots sat in the area, most hurriedly gulping their meals before rushing to work. Face caught Ton's gaze and raised one eyebrow, but his wingmate merely shrugged. After collecting his breakfast, Face slid into the booth across from Phanan, acknowledging Falynn as she came in the door.

"Where is everybody?" Face asked, mildly curious.

Ton didn't seem concerned. "I don't know, but I can theorize that some are pulling a double shift because of that crash yesterday." Face noticed that his wingmate seemed ill at ease, and allowed Ton the opportunity to collect himself. A moment later, Ton added, "I think we're getting a new squadronmate, but I don't know who it is."

Nodding, Face swallowed hard and turned to his meal, digging his spoon into a mush that really, once he chewed reflectively, was not as horrible as it appeared. Falynn approached, then set her tray beside Ton's and took a seat.

"Well, today can't be worse than yesterday," she said happily, taking a sip of some sort of

7. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    awwww...great post, xaara dear! more soon please?

-JSD

8. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    :) Thanks, JSD. There should be more up sometime in the middle of the week.

9. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    "Don't jump off the roof," said Ton with a grimace. "Can you imagine what a huge mess it would make if and when you finally landed? If you're going to commit suicide, at least do it in a contained and disposable area so no one has to clean it up."

"A single hour around you, Phanan, and anyone would commit suicide. It's no wonder you quit doctoring. The cleanup crew must have had quite a time going around after you."

*dies laughing* What a classic line! The Wraiths always make me laugh when you write them Xaara. I love how unapologetically practical Ton is. Great guy.

A very sweet moment between Alahna and Face at the end. Although nothing was really resolved, they decided to move on and be friends. Or perhaps, more than friends? ;) Nice interaction between the two.

One more thing:

Ton shrugged, adopting an oratory pose. "With you, the oblique approach generally attains more constructive results. Direct orders have a tendency to make you mope around and do nothing except destroy government property?yes, I know about the comlink, who do you think picked up all those tiny pieces? We want you to talk to her, if only so you'll stop pining away and start helping us with cleaning duty."

[face_laugh] And Ton has officially become my favorite character. I want more of him! :D Great post.

10. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Ditto everything that LadyMairead said about Ton. He's my favourite character now, too!

I loved the way Alahna was so hesitant about entering the room. She didn't meet Face's eyes, but she must have known he was there, and it rattled her so much that she dropped the tray.

At least Face can be amused at the way Ton and Falynn suddenly leave his table. I liked the way Face thought that Ton's little speech was almost as inspiring as one of Antilles' pep talks. I also liked the way he was getting kind of nervous as he approached Alahna, and I had to laugh at the way he was telling himself to put on his "meet-the-press" smile. Good reminder here that he's an actor.

Interesting that Face doesn't know, either, what set Alahna off, though he can recognize that they were talking about something more than just that argument. So what did set her off? Maybe we'll all find out later.

Aww, the way they ended up apologizing to each other was just sweet. Wonderful that Face's misery just suddenly disappeared! :) And now they're friends. *happy sigh*

11. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    LM: Thanks! I'm glad Ton is one of your favorites because he's sure one of mine. When he's "drunk and morose" in Iron Fist I always wanted to just hop into the book and smack some sense into him. Unfortunately, I didn't get a say in what happens to him later on? *sniffles* Alahna and Face are definitely just friends?for now? :D

Jane Jinn: In the words of Kell Tainer after being subjected to an Antilles pep talk: "Every time you make one of those motivational speeches I want to beat you to death." I couldn't let that go by without mentioning it somewhere. :) Thank you! No, Face doesn't know what set Alahna off, but he'll find out soon.

There remained only ten files on Wes' datapad by the time he had sorted through all the candidates for the empty spot on the Wraith's roster. Earlier that morning, Wedge had authorized him to make the selection, and Wes was busily engaged in the process of narrowing the choices down to a maximum of five military personnel. Three of the ten final possible additions were pilots from other starfighter squadrons; the rest currently made up various parts of the New Republic Special Forces. Grimacing, Wes scrolled to the top of his list and reviewed his most promising option.

Name: Arii, Lucio

Date of Birth: 15 B.B.Y.

Species/Gender: Human/Male

Current Squad: Boreas Squadron, Special Ops (CO: Commander Feril Gars)

Notes: Top-ranked Lieutenant, Coruscant Special Operations; average to fair scores in piloting sims; experience in infiltration, intelligence gathering, and heading special forces raids; skilled marksman; no recorded instances of reprimanded behavior.

In other words, Wes thought to himself, he's perfect. Picking up his comlink from where it rested on his desk, Wes dialed the base operator.

"This is the Coruscant New Republic Military Base of Operations," the recording intoned amiably. "Please state the branch of the military you would like to contact."

"Special Operations."

"Please stand by. Your call is being transferred to an appropriate party. Thank you."

Groaning, Wes leaned back in his chair and took a sip of the fruit drink that rested next to his datapad. The comlink rang four times before someone on the other end answered. "Public Affairs Officer, Coruscant Special Operations. How may I help you?"

Wes swallowed his drink quickly, coughed once, and said, "This is Lieutenant Wes Janson of Wraith Squadron. I need Commander Feril Gars' comm frequency." Only silence came through the comlink, and a minute later Wes added, "He's the commander of Boreas Squadron."

"Oh," said the PAO. "One moment, please." To Wes' dismay, airy music began to play on the other end of the connection. With a lip curling in distaste, he moved the offending comlink away from his ear. If this goes on much longer I think I'll have to settle for number two on my list.

The music stopped. "Hello?" came a new voice. "Commander Gars speaking."

It was in that instant that Wes realized he had no idea where to begin. What am I supposed to say? "Hi, I'm Wes Janson. You outrank me, but I have the authorization to steal one of your soldiers, whether or not you like it. I just thought I'd tell you first." He banished the unruly thought from his mind. "This is Lieutenant Wes Janson of Wraith Squadron." Good, standard beginning. "As you may know, the Wraiths lost a pilot yesterday. We're looking for a replacement."

Gars sounded appropriately wary when he said, "Why does that involve me?"

"We were wondering if you'd be willing to lend us one of your personnel." Wes winced at his own choice of words. That sounded like something a droid would say. He's going to think I'm some sort of mechanical middleman.

"You want to just take one of my people?" From the tone of Gars' voice, Wes surmised that he wa

12. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002

"You want to just take one of my people?" From the tone of Gars' voice, Wes surmised that he was rapidly approaching anger.

"Well, actually, we?"

"And who gave you authorization to do that?"

"Sir, I don't think?"

"Surely you don't believe you can just comm me and tell me you're appropriating one of my people."

"I mean, sir, that?"

"Because if you do, I'd like a word with your superior. He or she is evidently not thinking clearly."

[face_laugh] It's usually Wes who spews the witty comments, so I must say it's quite entertaining to watch him get his comeuppance for once. I have a deep and abiding affection for all of your characters, and yet I can't resist watching them be abused. Strange. ;)

Lucio Arii... Hmm... Is that who I think it is? *checks* Ha! It is! That's the man that to which Alahna displayed an as-yet-unexplained reaction. And now he'll be working with Wraith Squadron and with Face. Ooh, the plot thickens. *grins proudly* So do I get a prize, or what? :p

13. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Ooooh, I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! I haven't read since the last post about Face locking Ton out of their room, so it was a huge treat to see so many updates since then!

Good work!

Who do you think Lucio Arii is? Not....TETRAN COWALL!!!

14. Mira_Terrik

Mira_Terrik Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    What a highly entertaining post!! It was fun to see Wes get .. well, Out-Wes'ed for a change, if that makes sense. LOL!

Great job, Xaara! :D

15. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Is that who I think it is? *checks* Ha! It is! So do I get a prize, or what? *bows* Excellent job, LM. As your prize, I have here a complete set of the Imperial propaganda holos--including the acclaimed Win or Die and Jungle Flutes--starring one Garik Loran. (Actually, I was wondering if anyone would remember Lucio. He came around a while ago, an I have to admit that I didn't plan on having quite this many posts between then and now. Stories have a tendency to run away, though, don't they? :) )

As for your enjoying character abuse, all I can say is that I know a really good psychologist... ;) Thank you!

Thanks, Guinastasia. I've discovered that the Wraiths are amazingly fun to write, so I'm happy that you enjoy reading them.

I know exactly what you mean, Mira. Wes is one of those people who generally has center stage for the time he's in a story. I always love the opportunity to create an OC to play with, and this one was just too good to pass up. :) Thank you for reading.

16. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    Stories have a tendency to run away, though, don't they? :D That they do...

17. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Yes they do, LM, yes they do... *whistles innocently, looks away* :D

Wedge felt his stomach curl. This cannot be happening to me. This is not the Official Report Writer I sentenced in the mess hall.

"What did you say his name was?" Alahna interrupted, her voice grating harshly.

Wedge gave her a curious look, making a mental note to find out what had caused such a reaction to the name of the man, and repeated what Wes had just said. "His name is Lucio Arii, Alahna."

She stood quickly, gathering the information printouts, datacards, and datapads splayed in a rough half-circle focused at her seat. Having arranged her materials in a disorganized pile, she picked them up, and left her place to make an unceremonious exit. The quick and unexpected sequence of events startled the room into a shocked silence, broken by the scraping of Face's chair as he rose to follow her.

"Face, don't go after her." Wedge pitched his voice to carry a warning. This was the business of an officer, not one of the pilots.

Turning toward his commanding officer, Face spread his hands and protested, "But sir, I?"

"Flight Officer Loran, sit down." Although he did not raise his voice, Wedge's use of Face's full rank indicated the seriousness of the conversation had just gone up a notch.

Face, after a moment of indecision, sat. Wes remained silent.

Wedge looked at Wes, noted the confusion and disbelief displayed on his face, and came to a quick decision. "Would you please leave us, Lieutenant?"

Still mute, Wes nodded and stepped out. The junior pilot remained in the room with an uncomfortable expression on his face.

When the door closed behind Wes, the commander crossed his arms and sat on his desk, his eyes studying Face for a long moment before he asked, "What just happened?"

Face focused on a point somewhere above Wedge's head, clearly demonstrating his discomfort with the situation. "I, uh, can't really say, sir. I honestly don't know." Despite the evident truth in his words, Face seemed to be holding something back.

Wedge continued to stare at his pilot, more puzzled than intent on making him feel ill-at-ease. "Can you hypothesize?"

"I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that, sir?I don't have enough information." Face's voice had suddenly become that of a reprimanded yet determined junior pilot.

"May I ask why not?"

"You may ask, sir?"

"?but you won't give me any information unless I make it a direct order." Wedge regarded him for a long time before heaving a sigh and resigning himself to the fact that Face would not talk. If Face would not tell him what he wanted to know, he would have to accept that. Wedge Antilles, even when he had the best interests of his pilots at heart, did not pry into their personal affairs. This is not a personal affair, he argued with himself. This is something that could affect the whole squadron. Still, Face seemed to regard the entire situation as something between him and Alahna, and Wedge was willing to trust the pilot's judgment as far as interpersonal relationships went. If it gets serious enough, he'll come to me.

"All right, Loran," Wedge said wearily. "You know when we're leaving, and I expect both you and Miss Vahr to be on time for the departure. Dismissed."

Face executed a crisp military salute, which Wedge returned before watching his pilot walk from the room. "I hate doing this," he told the empty space. There was no response.

As soon as the door slid closed behind him, Face was off at almost a dead run, on his way to the hangar where the Mynock lay. There was no evidence to pinpoint Alahna's location, but her ship often seemed to be something close to a friend, and Face had little doubt he would find her there. When he arrived, however, Jax told him that Alahna had not returned from the meeting and her comlink was off; the young

18. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Wow. Just...wow.

GREAT!!!

19. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    *sniff* what a sad story...great post though Xaara, more soon please?

-JSD

20. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    :D Thanks, Guinastasia!

I don't think anyone's ever called it a sad story before, Jaina_Solo_Durron. :) I'm glad you liked it!

21. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    alahna's story, i mean

more soon please? :)

-JSD

22. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    Sorry it took me so long to review this. I've given up on Rime of the Ancient Mariner and decided to write my paper on Home in Time for Supper instead. Tell me Xaara: In your own words, how do you feel that your story exemplifies the ideals of the Romantic movement, particularly in its poetic devices, tone, and subject matter? ;)

Oh, also: I know you were a little concerned about the length, but actually I really liked it. When I started reading it looked as if it might be long, but then I quickly became so absorbed that I was glad the scene was completed instead of leaving me hanging. Anyway?

"I hate doing this," [Wedge] told the empty space. There was no response.

I'm laughing even as I want to hug Wedge during this line. He's such a tragically comical figure, which means he provides endless entertainment, thanks to your superb characterization.

If there were that many seats to be had, did that mean that so many fewer pilots than seats survived the shock of hard vacuum? He shrugged off the thought. Now was not the time for such academic exercises.

Ah yes, I remember there was a similar speculation in a previous post, and again I have to compliment you on your attention to detail. A very interesting idea that I don't think I would have picked up on, had you not pointed it out.

I loved the end segment of the post, as I think everyone else did. A fascinating bit of insight into both Face and Alahna's characters. It makes her seem much less like a mercenary, and more like a lost soul. While I do understand her anger at her parents, I obviously hope that she can one day reconcile with them. Perhaps Face can help her to do that.

Face's explanation of his own internal conflict was very well-done also. Not too dramatic or elongated, but just painful enough to give us a hint of the anguish he must experience, and his motivations for committing wholeheartedly to the New Republic. A wonderful piece of character development that makes me even more impatient to observe what develops in the future.

23. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    That's what I figured, Jaina_Solo_Durron. :) Here you go!

I don't know, LM, it might be difficult to write a paper on Romanticism centered on Home In Time for Supper, seeing as it doesn't really have any of those characteristics that define that particular literary movement, but I'm sure I could create a plausible way to link modern sci-fi to early 19th century literature. I'll have to get back to you on that. :D

The speculation you noticed was actually part of the teaser a while back. Even though I run the risk of sounding egocentric by saying this, I actually rather like it myself. ;) As for the character development, I wrote this post before I even began writing the story, when I still had only a sketchy idea of what was going to happen. See what develops when you set my loose with a word processing program! :)

This post goes to Jane Jinn, with hopes for the quick recovery of her recently injured son.

It had taken Kell and Runt, working together, almost an hour to completely cover the marking on Alahna's ship that identified it as the Mynock. After that, they required half an hour to repaint the ship as being the Cloudcutter, and another fifteen minutes to scrape off random chips of the new paint in an attempt to age it. They surveyed their work nearly two hours after they had begun with a mixture of pride and exasperation.

"That was the most boring thing I've done in a while," Kell said as he and his wingmate replaced the lids on their paint containers. "Though with this squadron, I'd have to say that boring is a positive thing."

"We agree with you," said Runt, pulling his lips back from his large teeth in an approximation of a human smile. "We find that although this sort of work requires little thought, it provides a good opportunity for the subconscious to function."

"That might work most of the time, Runt, but right now, my subconscious is trying to sleep. The rest of me is trying to stay awake. That's not a good combination."

In a single wiry movement, Runt had collected the paint and brushes and had them hanging from his hands. "Soon, you will be on your way, and will have time to sleep through hyperspace. Then you will not have to worry about this conflict of interests."

Kell did not have enough time to wonder at Runt's humor before the pilot had gone, taking with him the remains of their project. Hesitantly, Kell touched the tip of one finger to the new paint, checking to see that it had dried properly. In his absorption with his task, he failed to notice the two sets of footsteps until they had stopped.

"Vandalizing the ship, are we?" came Face's sardonic voice. "I'll have to report that as misuse of government resources, you know."

Pivoting lazily on one toe, Kell turned until he faced the man behind him. "Go ahead. Although I suspect that Commander Antilles will stop your report at his desk, because he's the one who ordered me to do it."

"Looks nice," said Alahna, appearing from behind Face and running a hand over Kell's painting. She stopped her appraisal and shot him a pointed glare. "I'm sure you're going to change it back later, though."

"Um, right," Kell said distractedly, looking from Alahna to Face and back to Alahna, mentally tallying what he knew about their relationship and what he could surmise had happened between them recently. The last time I saw them, they weren't speaking to one another, and now they act like they've been best friends for forever.

"Thanks," she said. "You did a good job. Even up close it looks like genuine wear on the lettering." Directing her words at Face, she added, "I'll be onboard, doing a last-minute check before we leave. Departure is two hours from now, right?"

Face nodded. "That's right. I'll see you then."

Ignoring the two men, Alahna ascended the ramp to her ship and disappeared from sight. The way Face watched he progress did not escape Kell, nor did the half-smile

24. _RogueFire_

_RogueFire_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2003
    You know Xaara your right. Face is portrayed as a three-dimensional character. I can?t believe I totally forgot about Iron Fist and Ton?s death. Face was really deep in that book. I guess I forgot about it cause I haven?t read it in a while.

And thanks for the dedication that?s so cool no one has ever done that to me before. :D

Oh I?m sorry I?m a bit late in replying. My internet wouldn?t listen to my orders to turn on. I haven?t forgotten about you or your brilliant story don?t worry. ;)

25. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I wanted you to know, I did read the last couple of posts. Loved them! Soory I don't have time to say more! Printed the next post and will try to get back later after I beat up DRL. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.