main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Home Motion Simulator for Star Wars :o)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Lookee, what I just found ...
    Motion Simulator for Home Theater
    D-Box
    , a Canadian speaker company, has designed a system called the Odyssee consisting of four motor-driven actuators that go under your couch and a controller box with a CD-ROM drive for the control files. The controller reads the Dolby Digital bitstream from your DVD player, and plays back synchronized motion effects designed by the company.

For about $20,000, you too can add motion simulation to your home theater. They have a list on their site of the movies they've encoded, including The Matrix, Drunken Master, Star Wars Episode I, and more, though it also has an 'audio driven' mode which will work with any source.

That'd make the pod race even better, so who's got a spare $20,000 for me? :p
    And that's US$ by the way, which makes it about NZ$42,490 - not including a huge screen and surround sound stereo. :(

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You could pay me $40,000 to live behind your couch and push you round a bit when you watch DVDs.

For an extra $5,000 I'll sit behind you at the movies and do the same.

3. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

But if I had the $40,000 going spare I'd be getting one of these - besides, if you're 'living' behind my couch, it'd get pretty smelly after a few weeks. :p

4. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I bet in the future, they make movies so interactive, you just wear a headset that interacts directly with your brain, and you're fooled into thinking the movie is happening all around you. Wouldn't that be cool?

5. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Errr ... no thanks, there's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that I'm plugging anything into my brain - especially not a Microsoft product. :(

6. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    want to read about direct connections to the net via a neuro canula (thingy hardwired to your brain) check out tad williams "Otherland" series of books.

as for Microsoft providing such things "please restart your system" how the heck would ya do that?? :)

7. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    as for Microsoft providing such things "please restart your system" how the heck would ya do that??

Now that's scary. 8-} And I don't want to stivk anything Microsoft made into my brain either, LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.