Chic, IL Homecoming Memories

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey! Let's talk about who we took to the Homecoming dance. I'll start.

Earlier in the night I was at home reading a Star Trek novel. Dr. McCoy had been kidnapped by the Romulans and Kirk disobeyed direct orders from Starfleet to enter the Neutral Zone and Mr. Spock was considering mutiny to take the ship over if Kirk actually took the ship into the Zone. It was really boss!
    Later that night I stayed up playing all sorts of games on my Commodore=64, though I don't remember the exact ones.

Bosh
  2. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I was a rebel...didn't go to the Dance...
    didn't go to my prom...
    but DID go to the pic nic the next day...
    got drunk...
    fell out of a tree...
    graduated from high school on crutches...

3. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    I was very excited to go to my Homecoming dance, but at the last minute I was cut out. The principal explained that it wasn't personal, as he had cut his own son out of the dance as well.

I think it had to do with my feature article in "Dungeon Master Quarterly", though.
  4. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    I went to three homecomings in my time in "high" school. Freshman year I went with a girl that I had a crush on. Nothing materialized so I moved on in my own geeky way. Sophomore year I went on a pity date. My friend was going with this chick he had a crush on and needed someone to double with and he set me up with a girl. I didn't see her past dinner. It sucked. Junior year I skipped. Someone acquired a case of beer and his parents happened to be out of town so I went to his place and got tore up. I know its amazing isn't it? Senior year I went with the same chick I went to the proms with. It was ok. Ultimately boring but I don't regret it.

Homecoming was not a big deal in our school. Our football team sucked because nobody gave a crap about it anymore. Homecoming was folks just trying to score or get tore up. Funny thing was everytime I went to homecoming, I failed to achieve either of those.

High school is overrated. People say its the best years of your life. I think the people who say that generally have peaked early. I had my best years in college. Hell I'm still having my best years! I lead a charmed life. :D
  5. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    ah. homecoming. here comes a doozy.

i had a HUGE crush on this redheaded freshman vision my senior year. i asked her to homecoming, she said yes.

but of course, being a nerd, it wasn't enough to ask a girl out, play it cool, and make something happen. no, i had to pick at it, like a scab, talking to friends about it, etc etc etc...and once it got back to her that i LIKED her liked her, she withdrew her willingness to attend the dance.

no, that's not true--i forgot. here's why she didn't go with me: this was right after steve & garry broke up, and garry meier had a solo show on middays on WLUP. he was on one saturday afternoon, and I called to ask what I should do about her. everyone knew it was me, lots of people heard it, and THAT'S how it got back to her I LIKED her liked her.

i went through twelve--TWELVE--other askings before finding my date. it was my ex-girlfriend from the summer.

we went to denny's afterward. cause we drove all the way downtown from the south side, and i was an idiot and young and couldn't find parking.

"fun" isn't the word that comes to mind.
  6. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Skipped it...just did ditch day the next day and went to ride roller coasters all day. Let me re-iterate....I hated my high school, and d@/\/\N near everyone who went there. Stephen King's Carrie, now there's a girl who got it right! :p
  7. BespinBelle Jedi Knight

star 1
    Homecoming really wasn't that big a deal at our school - basically a dance where you actually dressed up a little (ie, khakis and skirts). Went to 2 (maybe 3...) of them with groups of friends - usually had a decent time.

The best was my senior year, though, when we instead organized a Midnight Madness. I ended up driving a Suburban full of 5 crazy people all over the county. (This was when gas was still under a dollar) The end-point was a pizza place in the next state where a friend worked and we got free food. Made even better by the fact that this was the year our school decided Homecoming should be more formal - we had fun mocking all the silly freshmen/sophomores celebrating our crappy-azz football team. Posers.

~BB~
    "What the &f@%* is a 'Winhawk'?!?"
  8. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    DAMNIT PEOPLE! This thread was supposed to be a sarcastic Joke!

But Nooooooo! You had to make it a legitimate thread. That's it, I'm leaving....you losers!

Bosh

"And I'm taking my football with me!"
  9. YodaDaMax Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mwa ha ha ha ha! Look at all the....stuff.... i've caused by mentioning a certain person several times. What joy! And dismay for people wanting sarcasm! All my dreams are coming true!
  10. nalan1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I cant wait tll, the "Remembering the first time you got to 2nd base" Thread

We could start a "Full names of people who Ignored you in High School, but now I am better than them" Thread
  11. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    but who will head up the "I haven't gotten to second base yet...what's it like?" thread?

i nominate hawk-bat.
  12. MusicTrooper Force Ghost

star 4

Never went to a HS homecomming,

Never went to a HS prom,

Never graduated HS

Never liked HS (that should make me some friends)

NOTE: I chose the power of the pen
    over a Molotov cocktail

but, I like learning or
    college was/is always fun.

Ed
  13. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    "I haven't gotten to second base yet...what's it like?"

I nominate George Lucas.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.