main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Homecoming. Qui , young Obi. Our master-padawan team returns to the Temple for the first time.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Title: Homecoming
    Author(s): Valairy_Scot
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn
    Genre: Mush without mush?
    Keywords: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Summary: Qui-Gon has accepted young Obi-Wan Kenobi as his padawan. What did it feel like to return to the Temple after having been sent off to Agri-Corps?
    Notes: Don't know if this is a one shot or not, though I suspect it is.

Homecoming

Obi-Wan Kenobi stared out the ship's transparisteel panel as it left hyperspace, to orbit Coruscant. He was coming home, but he didn't know what to expect.

His heart jumped when he saw the Jedi Temple, and that they would be landing there within just minutes.

Home. The place he had been sent away from. The home he was returning to.

Home. Obi-Wan Kenobi was back, for the first time since he had left on his way to Bandomeer, a reject, bound for Agri-Corps. Before Master Jinn had changed his mind and asked him to be his padawan.

His friends would welcome him home. But the others - ? The thirteen year old sighed.

Beside him, his tall master looked down at him and laid a hand on his shoulder. ?You are back as my padawan, Obi-Wan. You have nothing to fear.?

Fear! Did his new master think him afraid?

Warm blue eyes sparkled at him, and Obi-Wan relaxed, for he had at first thought that his new master might actually think him scared. Fear was not an appropriate emotion, not for Qui-Gon Jinn?s padawan, but his new master was only trying to make him smile, and succeeding.

?It feels strange to be back, but very welcome,? he murmured, and his master?s hand tightened on his shoulder.

?It has been a long time since I returned with a padawan at my side,? the master said serenely. ?It is strange for me, too, but very satisfying. Are we ready, my padawan??

Once again, a little flare of joy leapt up within Obi-Wan?s heart. My padawan!

?Yes, master.? With Qui-Gon at his side, he was ready. For whatever was to come.

Obi-Wan had to take long steps to keep up with the Jedi, for Qui-Gon was not yet adapted to the pace of a smaller boy at his side. It didn?t bother Obi-Wan, he figured it was exercise and he was more than willing to hurry his pace if it kept him near his master.

Qui-Gon almost imperceptibly slowed down, with a sideways look at Obi-Wan that the boy missed.

?After we meet with the Council, we will get you situated in our quarters. We shall eat at the dining hall tonight, as I suspect our pantry is low on food for growing boys.?

Our quarters! Our food! Obi-Wan was nearly dancing with happiness, then his young face clouded. Meeting the Council. He gulped. They had sent him away, without even talking to him first. They, like the rest of the Jedi, had thought him unworthy.

?You will be there as my padawan, Obi-Wan. Relax. I will just make a report on our last mission.? Qui-Gon?s voice was amused, for he knew what Obi-Wan was thinking. Their bond was still fairly new, and the boy hadn?t yet learned to adequately shield his thoughts. He would soon learn.

?You will be expected to do nothing more than stand silently, off to one side and behind me. You will offer no comments unless asked to. That is always how it will be. I strongly suggest you refrain from fidgeting.?

?I don?t fidget, master,? Obi-Wan protested.

Again that hint of a smile touched Qui-Gon?s lips. ?No, I suppose you wouldn?t. However, many padawans do, and it is quite distracting. I shall probably remind you to refrain from many behaviors that you do not engage in. My apologies in advance, if so.?

The two continued through the hallways, and Obi-Wan was aware that a few Jedi turned to look at them. He quickly ran a hand through his hair, checked his tunic. Was he not presentable?

He looked at Qui-Gon and saw the Jedi master was holding his head high, proudly. Obi-Wan turned and looked at the Jedi, and back at Qui-Gon, and thought maybe he understood.

No one expected Qui-Gon Jinn

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

That was sweet:D
    There are not many stories on Obi-wans return
    This was a good one, with Qui-Gon making him feel right at home.

Well done=D=

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Mush without mush? i though how can that be, but you showed me very well. :D :D

Many things stand out in this. Qui-Gon calling Obi-Wan 'little one', Obi-Wan's name on the nameplate, Yoda's We expect better of you as well as of ourselves in future.

What a delightful viggie!

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww...that was just lovely

@};- @};- @};-

I loved how Qui-Gon tried to ease Obi-Wan's apprehension.

Beautiful job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    This is one of those adorable warm fuzzies vignettes.

I like how you portrayed Obi-Wan as all nerves. I definitely would have felt like that.

Another great vig from you.

6. Dreagoddess

Dreagoddess Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2006
    Aww, this was really sweet. I love young Obi and Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan's nervousness at coming back to the Temple after being rejected was very touching, and Qui-Gon's gentle reassurances were heart-warming. Great job!

7. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Oh, very nice. I liked the idea of Obi and Qui coming back as master and padawan, for the first time, and the reaction of the Temple and the Council. [face_love] Qui-Gon, esepcially, and the way he treats Obi, putting him at ease, and yet, their easing themselves aorund each other, was very well done.=D=

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Awww [face_love] Just what I needed! =D=

?Why is there more than one bead in it?? He knew the bonding bead would be there, once the braid was started. But any other braid was a sign of a test passed or a skill mastered. He was confused.

?You should know, my padawan. Did I not say you had done well on Bandomeer? Not to mention on The Monument ? occasionally? It is the first of many I expect you to earn. Come, let us go to our meal. We will let everyone know that padawan Kenobi has returned to the Temple with his master.?

Qui-Gon was not smiling, so Obi-Wan wasn?t at first sure if his master was joking or poking fun at him.

Don?t you know?

At the amused mind-thought, Obi-Wan knew. His master was proud, and wanted to make sure that Obi-Wan?s return did not go unnoticed. His master was on his side. Obi-Wan had nothing to fear, no need to be shy or concerned about the circumstances of his leaving and his return.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was not a reject. He was a padawan. The padawan of Qui-Gon Jinn.

Wonderful! =D=

9. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    With the ease of long practice, he skillfully wove a small braid behind Obi-Wan?s right ear. ?It?s a finger length now, padawan. Years from now, remember how it started, when you see it hanging in my room. There, let?s find a glass so you can see how it looks.?

Awwww, that's such a nice, sweet line. Qui-Gon is thinking ahead to when Obi-Wan is a Jedi Knight and he has the braid to keep.:)

10. adawn

adawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2005
    That was wonderful and adorable, as with all your fics! My favourite part:

Not to worry, little one.?

The name was said gently, so Obi-Wan refrained from pointing out he was all of thirteen and a Jedi padawan as well. He supposed he was little, to such a big man as his master.

I love stories where Qui calls him little one. I makes sense, since Qui is huge!

11. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Lovely! You filled the vig with calm, understated moments of beauty.

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was quite sweet. I loved that Qui-Gon was trying to make Obi-Wan feel at ease.

Again that hint of a smile touched Qui-Gon?s lips. ?No, I suppose you wouldn?t. However, many padawans do, and it is quite distracting. I shall probably remind you to refrain from many behaviors that you do not engage in. My apologies in advance, if so.?

For some reason I found this particularly adorable, probably because Qui-Gon was being mysterious and playful at the same time.

I'm glad, too, that Qui-Gon was understanding about the fight and that he didn't automatically think ill of Obi.

Lovely job.

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awe, that was great!! This little period in time is almost never written about and i'm glad you did! Wonderful job!

14. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    This is the first story I have read about Obi Wan coming home. This was really touching to see Qui Gon and Obi Wan begining their life together so to speak.

15. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Oh, very nicely done! I really enjoyed that.

Just Jill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.