main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Homesick (Post TPM short fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ginger_Jedi, Sep 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    First and foremost, thanks to Knight Maria for the idea behind this sort of sequel to Someday You?ll Be Gone I wouldn?t have written on if not for her :) (hugs)

Dedicated, forever to Dara, Tessa, Laura, Jess and anyone else who ever gave something I wrote the time of day :)

I got the title after I re-read Rogue Planet. I always got the feeling that Obi-Wan was never entirely happy with what was going on around him and a lot of the time he seemed miserable. I don?t really like RP that much anymore. The more I read it, the stronger those feelings become. Makes me uneasy?

Thanks for the feedback on Someday You?ll Be gone. It was wonderful! :D (hugs for everyone!)

Anything in italics stands for flashbacks OK? :)

Summary: Obi-Wan?s thoughts after the death of his Master and the impact it has had on his bond with Anakin.

Obi is 25 in this fic. Post TPM

Archive: Faith, you know the drill! :) Anyone else if you want it drop me a mail at gingerninja85@yahoo.co.uk!

Slight change of format though. This is all from Obi?s POV.

And there won?t be a sequel. I won?t be writing anything like this from Anakin?s point of view because I don?t particularly like the kid.

So, with no further ado, I give you:

*Homesick*

It was late yet here I was wondering around the halls of the Jedi Temple, with no particular destination in mind. Something inside compelled me to walk and keep walking till I found my peace. Never before in my life had I felt so lost and so alone in the place I had lived my life in. Everything had changed for me. Not even Cerasi?s death had been this agonising. I mean, that was a terrible time and after that I prayed that I would never feel such pain again for many long, hard years.

It did not work out that way.

Five days ago my Master, the man who I loved like a father, was killed before my very eyes by a Sith. Since that day I had been knighted and taken my own Padawan, two events I never dreamed of doing without Qui-Gon there to see it all with that proud look on his face.

Wrong again.

Everything had been pretty crazy in the past days. Anakin and I had returned to the Temple earlier this evening after leaving Naboo (much to Anakin?s disappointment. He?s already missing Padmé dearly. They have a bond I?ve never seen in two people so young). He had been subdued upon arrival. He was tired from all that travelling and emotionally exhausted from leaving his mother, losing Qui-Gon and then having to leave yet more friends behind. I had hoped he would?ve been happy to return to the Temple knowing he was to be trained as a Jedi but he wasn?t.

Neither was I.

I showed Anakin to our quarters, almost overcome with tears as we walked through the Temple corridors. We passed places I had grown up in at my Master?s side, places I had fled to when I was upset and Qui-Gon would come and comfort me. We even passed the Infirmary. I?d lost count of the amount of times I?d been in there, either because I was injured or because Qui-Gon was. Time was such a funny thing and so very hard to keep track of. When was the last time I was in there? Four years ago? More than that maybe? Less? I shrugged; I couldn?t really remember.

Anakin seemed to pick up on my mood as he too battled to keep the tears at bay. When we got home, I noticed the plate by the door still had Jinn/Kenobi residence. I?d have to get that changed soon, I thought, feeling another pang of misery within me. Opening the door and allowing Anakin to go in before me, he lost the battle of holding back his tears and started sobbing. I got down on my knees and pulled him into my arms. He wept and wept and I wanted to cry as well. But no, I was the Master now. I couldn?t cry. I had to be strong for Anakin, for my Padawan.

How strange it felt to think that: my Padawan?

?I-I never thought I?d b-be here w-w-without M-Master Qui-Gon,? Anakin stammered.

I hugged him tighter. ?I know

2. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    "I miss my dad." :_| :_| :_| :_|

Great job Ginger!

3. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    "Miracles like that never happened. At least not to me."

"Obi-Wan Kenobi. Jedi Knight, Master to Anakin Skywalker. It had a nice ring to it.

//Don?t you worry Master, I?ll make you proud. //

The warmth grew."

:_| :_| :_|

That was so... wonderful... :_|

*grabs a tissue*

Great job, Ginger! :D So sweet... :D :D

4. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :_|

5. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    [face_blush] Thanks ya'll *hugs*

6. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    You're welcome! Soooooo... sweet.... !!!! :_| :_|

*grabs another tissue...* :)

:D

Oh yeah, *returns hugs*

:)

7. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Oh Wow....

*sniff* That was so beautiful, Ginger!

8. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    :( :_| That was beautiful, Ginger! Pardon me while I go in search of another box of tissues. This one's going on my favorites list.

9. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
  10. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    *wipes away tears*
    Thanks for the awesome story! :D Loved it!

And no need to thank me... [face_blush]

11. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    AAAAAWWWWWW! :_l

That was so sweet!

I love all your posts. Keep up the good work.

~Swede [face_love]

12. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Yay! Readers! :p

(And this isn't even my stuff... oh well, I can be happy for my sis, can't I? :D )

UP

13. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    That was wonderful, just great!
    Great job!

14. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
  15. selina

selina Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 22, 2001
    Well done Cole

That fan fic gave me a warm place in my heart :D

16. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    :_| wow.. :_|

So sad

//Don?t you worry Master, I?ll make you proud. // :_|

Exclent work Ginger... :)

17. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    That was so heartbreaking to read Ginger.

You really do a good job bringing the emotions across to your readers. :)

18. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    *sniff* I'm sorry, that was such a sweet fic. Poor Obi and Ani. That was really well done, capturing both of their emotional states perfectly.

Splendid writing. It was lovely with the exact emotions and thought. It was perfect, as soon as I read the first paragraph, it clicked. This is Obi-Wan.

Wonderful.

Bravo.

~Obischick

19. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002

::sniff::

GINGER!!!!

::sniff sniff::

That...that was...the most...touching...

:_| :_| :_| :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.