main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Homosexuality in Star Wars Television

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Aug 7, 2014.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Oh yeah, those are make out with me eyes. Looks like Ventress has a new admirer.

2. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Well she better not push it or
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Darth Koo

Darth Koo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2013
    Just a quick thought on the Dreamwork picture mentioned in first post, the fact that you took that one line that Gobber said into thinking he's gay is in fact a stretch. He could have meant that he's in fact asexual or any number of things. Personally, I hate that people categorizes people into Bi,Gay, or Straight. There are more types of human sexuality than those 3. Also it's stupid to say someone is this sexuality or that because they don't have a love interest in the show or ignoring the advances of another main character. I also want to point out that people sexualize relationships when they shouldn't, like Batman and Robin, Batman and the Joker, or C3PO and R2D2.

Now back to Rebels: In the old EU, the Empire was sexist, speciesist (IE racist), and sexist.(there were few officers who didn't feel that way.) I liked this description of the Empire because the Emperor was created to be a mixed of all the brutal dictators of the 1900s, and the Empire to me should be a mix of the evils of humanity. Which is why feel that some where in one of the episodes that mentions that the Empire is all the things listed above and add homophobic to the list as well.

JediFan215 and TheOneX_Eleazar like this.
  4. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

1. That has actually been confirmed by the voice actor to mean that he's gay.

2. The Empire should not have a tick list of things to check off to make sure all their bases are covered on evil. Speciesism is still a thing, the random pointless sexism is in the bin where it belongs. We had a huge thread about this in Lit and probably shouldn't derail this into it.

5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    At least she didn't kiss him after like she did in that deleted scene with the clone. Ventress is really kissing kate barlow. But yeah, I've never noticed that make out look ventress got before when I watched the episode. I swear, everying has subtext now. :p

6. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Oh that part is still there on the version I see...

Also that would have rather defeated the point, no? :p

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yep. First Barrisoka, now Ventress and the purple lady. Sabine had better hurry and get someone. She's falling behind. :p

8. Darth Koo

Darth Koo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2013
    I find it interesting that because Ahsoka and Barris were shown to be good friends that makes them a couple...those crazy "slash" fans. And if that is the case...Ventress better beware of the purple lady because she going to betray her like Barris betrayed Ahsoka:p .

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Actually, the writers of the first episodes with Ahsoka and Barriss confirmed to have put subtext between Barriss and Ahsoka on purpose. They were surprised they got away with it :p So, no were not all crazy slash fans. The subtext was there. Lol.

Here's the link to one of the writers on tumblr confirming it. Beware: Barrisoka cuteness.

http://giancarlovolpe.tumblr.com/post/94796479979/gizzlescribbles-hmmm-whatever-its-late

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  10. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

I really don't know what Giancarlo Volpe was talking about though.
    [​IMG]

I didn't see any subtext at all in those episodes.

[​IMG]

Nope, I don't see anything.

[​IMG]

Sorry Giancarlo, I think it was too subtle for me.

11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Oh, excuse me while I hold my best friend lover in my arms. It was cold, you see. So; I have to hold her close and keep her warm.

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  12. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

Well yeah, it was subtle.

That's why they call it subtext. :p

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Of course ;) I love it when writers slip stuff in and I can spot it. Makes me feel like I'm smarter then I probably am lol. :p

[​IMG]

14. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    Ashoka and Ventress seemed like it could be a thing, both seemed more bisexual than homosexual.

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I'd go for bisexual myself. Because I'm sure Ahsoka felt some attraction to Lux.

It's totally a thing. Or it could be anyway. Asajj didn't have to help Ahsoka, but she did anyway. Plus, we all know Ahsoka went back to see Asajj after she left the order, let's be real people.

16. shingi_70

Jul 24, 2014
    Askoha was pretty bummed when she met up with lux and from the start the attraction was there. Even Ventress had a small attraction to Kenobi with the playful banter.

Probably won't happen but I'm hoping one of the first two spin off films to focus on Ventress and Tano. I'm a bit biased with them being two of my top three characters.

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    shingi_70

How would you like to see it happen, if they did go down that path?

We all know Skywalkers pet and Hairless harpy are just their pet nicknames for each other...right?

And I'm just joking on that last part people. :p

18. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I give it ten minutes before Anakinfan comes in here and vomits all over her keyboard.

credar and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Kablob

Lol. Sorry. It won't happen but we were just having fun. [face_laugh]

You know I'm a Barrisoka shipper anyway. ;)

shingi_70 likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't care if either of them are bi but holy hell, let's not go there with the nicknames.

Everybody knows Lux doesn't have to shave his face anyway.

21. shingi_70

Jul 24, 2014
    Just do seven Samuari with Tano and Ventress being the two ex Jedi who fall in love subverting the ending where one if them has to die.

But i doubt Disney will do anything, the subtext was pretty clear in OUAT with Mulan and Auoura being into each other and it was pretty much pushed under the rug

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. But Disney also had two moms on good luck charlie and it was out in the open. It was handled rather nicely.

...So Mulan/Elsa now?

Sorry, I was just joking.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, no need to apologize. It's cool.

24. shingi_70

Jul 24, 2014
    Its what I'm guessing. Mulan was made into recurring and Aurora is sort of background filler at this point.

I just hope they don't get Elsa with Kristoff or Henry.

25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Let's take this to the social thread shall we? That way we don't have too many posts here off topic.