main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Homosexuality in Star Wars Television

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Aug 7, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    And that differs from other threads...how exactly? :p

2. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
  3. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Now lets hope Dave feels the same way as J.J....

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Some people want to c a shirtless Kanan or Hera kiss but you'll never c it on a show rated TV-Y7.

5. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I don't think kissing is going too far for Disney XD.

6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Almost every Disney movie has a kiss. Like MandoArtist said, kissing isn't going too far for Disney.

7. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    I'm betting at the end of he season they'll kiss or something. Like after some bad stuff goes down.

8. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Does TV-Y7 allow lip kissing? Not sure.

9. Legolas22

Legolas22 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    Honestly if frozen allows kissing, then I'm sure rebels will have no issues.

10. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

Frozen is PG, if Rebels was a movie it will b rated G.

11. Legolas22

Jan 13, 2016
    Here's the description for TV-Y7: 'This program is designed for children age 7 and above. It may be more appropriate for children who have acquired the developmental skills needed to distinguish between make-believe and reality. Themes and elements in this program may include mild fantasy violence or comedic violence, or may frighten children under the age of 7. Therefore, parents may wish to consider the suitability of this program for their very young children.' So based off of this, Rebels would have no reason to exclude kissing. They are willing to depict stormtroopers and rebels being killed, so why not kissing? Anyways, I'll stop there since this thread is about homosexuality and rebels, not whether or not you can put kissing in a TV-Y7 show.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  12. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Ok, so that means no lip locking?

13. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm pretty sure you kiss by pressing lips against eachother...

14. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Does anyone else think Ashoka has the makings of potentially decent lesbian or bisexual character?

Jedi Princess likes this.
  15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The answer to any "does anyone else..." question is almost always going to be yes.

As for that particular question, you can find out the answer via a simple search on Bing.

16. EmmaWan

EmmaWan Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2016
    Flooding a bit but I just post a topic about this.
    http://spirit-darko.com/2016/02/23/star-wars-darosan-66/
    There is no reason they shouldn't be a gay hero in Star Wars, as well as a black, or asian, or a woman or a black lesbian woman hero on star wars !
    Except the fear of bad marketing because of bad narrow people.

17. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    First and foremost, I ship those two so hard.

Second, that is the only reason I decided to comment. :p

18. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Exactly. Like honestly its really sad Star Wars is afraid to be so diverse because of the small crowd of people who are racist, sexist and homophobic.

19. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Ya c, the main difference between having a homosexual person/being on a show and almost everyone else is this.

I can tell Mace is black because he haves black skin. I can tell Finn is black 4 the same thing. I can tell Butlar Swan is Asian because she haves folded eyes. I can tell Anakin and Luke are northern euro white because there fair. I can tell Jango is a Kiwi/Maori because of his folded dark eyes, skin, hair and broad nose.

How can u tell a person is gay? They have TO DO something. Mace doesn't have to talk like "Yo, Homey waz zup? Or Bultar doesn't have to b smart at everything for me 2 know there minorities. They only way u can tell some one is gay is if u give them a stereotypical behavior.

Or just have say Poe say "I think Fin is cute."

Which is why Oscar on The Office was my favorite fictional gay character. He acts like a normal person.

Similarly NPH is my favorite gay actor. He can play any role.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The percentage of "normal-acting" gay people and straight people are the same.

21. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    U sure? Only 3.7% of the US pop. considers itself gay.

22. Legolas22

Jan 13, 2016
    At this point in the story I prefer her not to be in any sort of relationship. I like seeing her as a wise figure and someone that Ezra and Kanaan can look up to. She has lots of knowledge and skill that they can definitely learn from. I really wish that they went through with Barriss and Ahsoka rather than lux though. It would have made her arc that much more compelling and they did have some good chemistry during their arcs.

MandoArtist likes this.
  23. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    What she meant was that there's an equal percentage of normal people among homosexuals and heterosexuals. Example, 1 "not-normal" for every 10 "normals" within both groups.

There's more heterosexuals, but the percentage is the same.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    ohhhhhh. sorry .i was mistaken.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nothing to do with whether they "act normal" or not.

The difference between a straight person and a gay person? Their choice of partner, and people often do not find out a person's sexual orientation until being introduced to the person's partner.

ETA: And we were posting at the same time. It's all good.