main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Homosexuality and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by StarWarsFan91, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    By suggesting that homosexuality in a Star Wars film = "crapping on" Star Wars, you have proven, despite your best efforts, that you are indeed deeply intolerant of homosexuality. Just wanted to get that confirmed before we all move on.

2. DarthSpooling

DarthSpooling Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2014
    I am intolerant of homosexuality. Why is that such a big deal? I have my views you have yours. I'm not critiquing your views. I simply don't want it in Star Wars. Just because you accept homosexuality doesn't mean the entire world does too

3. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I have fully owned up to my views. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. You, on the other hand, try to pass off opposition to homosexuality in Star Wars as opposition to the politicization of Star Wars. It's a weasel argument, because there's nothing political about homosexuality. It simply is what it is.

Furthermore, I never said I wanted LGBT in Star Wars. I'm simply trying to understand why you are so opposed to it. Personally, I don't mind if it's there or not. Either way, I'll be fine with it in the context of a good story. You're the only one here with the demands. You're stating, unequivocally, that you "don't want" LGBT elements in Star Wars. Well, then, go make your own Star Wars films without it.

4. DarthSpooling

Dec 2, 2014
    There's nothing political about homosexuality. I agree. Including homosexuality in a Star Wars film, is.

5. ProfessorNutbudder

ProfessorNutbudder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 1, 2003
  6. TheForceMakesCoffee

TheForceMakesCoffee Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    Jeez, finally. Now we can all get on with our lives.

7. InsidiousMongo

InsidiousMongo Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    It is political when you force people to embrace it through media and various aspects of their life.

8. TheForceMakesCoffee

TheForceMakesCoffee Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    Well in then according to that logic, race and gender are political.

9. DarthSpooling

Dec 2, 2014
    Having homosexuality wouldn't exactly be a strategic move and Disney knows this. That's why I have faith.

Adding it they will for certain lose half of the fans in the U.S and 90% of the countries in the world that watch Star Wars. Fact.

10. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Another weasel argument. If you live here in the US, you're not forced to do anything you don't want to do in respect to this issue. You can oppose LGBT rights, and spout your intolerance all over the place, as much as you like. And as long as you don't physically hurt anyone in the LGBT community (or call for a physical attack on anyone in the LGBT community) there will be absolutely no legal consequences.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. InsidiousMongo

Apr 23, 2015
    Sad part is yes because there are sick people out there that use it to drive a nail in between the things that we all have in common merely for their own profit and power.

12. DarthSpooling

Dec 2, 2014
    No it doesn't. Why do you compare orientation to race and gender?

Bait and flame

13. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    That is a really dumb suggestion and devoid of fact.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Let's rephrase something from a few posts ago:

"I am intolerant of black people. Why is this such a big deal? I have my views and you have yours."

"I am intolerant of women disobeying men. Why is this such a big deal? I have my views and you have yours."

15. ProfessorNutbudder

ProfessorNutbudder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 1, 2003
    Mav Edit: That's not appropriate.

16. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    ^:)^

17. DarthSpooling

Dec 2, 2014
    The u.s is one of the few country's that accepts homosexuality. Disney wouldn't be stupid enough to try and pull a stunt like that.

18. InsidiousMongo

Apr 23, 2015
    I see I hit a nerve with you. Too bad. Don't call me a Weasel just because I don't fly the same flag at my house as you do. I haven't called you one, so who is intolerant here again? Like I said before, Pot Calling Kettle Black.

I don't care what you believe in because it does not affect my life, but when someone forces something on me that I do not see fit in my life, thst is where I draw the line in the sand and stand up for what makes me, me.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Of course. Every other Star Wars fan lives in Uganda, Russia and Middle Eastern theocracies.

Godwinning the thread? Really?

Toonimator likes this.
  20. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Like race & gender, orientation is something you're born with. It's not necessarily something you're aware of until later in life (be it at 6 years old, or 16, or 56)

Some countries execute people for being homosexual. Should we model ourselves on those nations? I hope Disney does pull such a "stunt", to show how wrong your ridiculous statistics are.

21. DarthSpooling

Dec 2, 2014
    Neither. He doesn't hate Jews or blacks as far as his comments say.
    Again the agenda people pulling the race card where it is not needed.

22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Some here seem to be under the mistaken belief that ALL views are equal and equally deserving of respect. That is incorrect. Bigoted views are wrong and NOT deserving of respect. If your views are bigoted then you absolutely should be called on it. Opposing bigotry is NOT another kind of bigotry. Future Star Wars films including homosexual characters is no more an agenda than including Lando in TESB. Only bigots would have a problem with either.

23. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I've so far avoided this thread as rather predictably this subject always descends into severe trolling, gross bigotry and outright homophobia and yep you guys have proved me entirely right. Kudos to those with an open mind and a level head, but for the others I just gotta say I see a lot of crying about "an agenda" but so what if Disney and the creators do have an agenda? If their agenda is wanting to see more diverse characters that reflect their audience is that really a bad thing? Please explain because I fail to see that as a negative?

24. DarthSpooling

Dec 2, 2014

So now you're born with it? Please leave that b.s excuse out of here. There are plenty of experiments disproving that. And i know plenty of people who were gay and became straight and vice versa. And those people laugh at that redundant statement of how "they are born with it" you're trying to start a flame war, you're going to lose.

Your race and gender however is determined at birth and can never change it.

InsidiousMongo likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope not, but he did pull the "you better" card on me and demand that I RESPECT THOSE FLAGS so who knows. Could have been trolling the entire time.

And yes, orientation, like race and gender, are factors that are innate, so the comparison is appropriate.

ETA: Wow, someone just pulled a Marcus Bachmann in here. That "therapy" has been proven harmful and denounced by the American Psychiatric Association.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.