main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Homosexuality and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by StarWarsFan91, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSpooling

DarthSpooling Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2014
    Lando in esb was not a political move. That's racism.

2. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    Besides running a pizza place in Indiana, where do you get your scientific data?

3. DarthSpooling

Dec 2, 2014
    Orientation at birth has been disproven numerous time that is however irrelevant here. People hate specific races, yes that still exists however you hating him for being racist, how does that make any difference *personal attack*

4. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    You could always have some sort of ancient culture have an issue with homosexuality and a Force user struggling with becoming a Jedi for the right reasons or as a way to hide his or her sexual orientation from this society. One must remain true to the code and not let fear decide their reasoning to serve.

5. DarthSpooling

Dec 2, 2014
    What the what?

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Again, opposing bigotry is NOT another form of bigotry. Try and remember that.

8. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I fly the American flag at my house. And I believe in this country's basic principles. That's why I spent a considerable amount of time fighting for it, and the advancement of liberal/ democratic values elsewhere (including in Afghanistan, with admittedly little success). It is also why I believe in full rights for the LGBT community.

And for the record, I am not asking you to join me in my tolerance. I am simply asking you to own up to your own intolerant opinions. Don't tell me that anyone is forcing anything down your throat, for example. They're not. You are free to do and say what you want about literally every single subject under the sun, without legal consequence. And don't tell me that Star Wars is being "politicized" because of the introduction of homosexual characters. That's simply a weaselly euphemism for "becoming tolerant of homosexuality," in this case. Just admit that you don't want homosexuals in Star Wars, because you don't like homosexuality, and move on.

Bigotry, couched in "the minority political agenda is taking away my freedoms!" nonsense, is, simply put, intolerable to me.

9. InsidiousMongo

InsidiousMongo Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    *personal attack* I fired back demanding you remove your post because it disrespects the people who died because of those flags, Jews and Americans... oh and if I am a racist wht would I say Americans instead of blacks. Those blacks were Americans after all i the Civil War era.

10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
  11. ProfessorNutbudder

ProfessorNutbudder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 1, 2003

Where were these "experiments" done? Dexter's Laboratory? And exactly how were these "experiments" carried out?
    Show me some proof of this please. And I don't mean something some fanatical religious person printed in their newsletter.

12. InsidiousMongo

Apr 23, 2015
    Oh so I am intolerant because I see homosexuality detrimental to the Star Wars franchise... got it. You are not making this a better argument in your favor. I too fly the American flag and firmly believe in the Constitution as it was written. So if I have the right to say something, I exercise it. If that makes me a weasel, then you are a poisonous snake.

And you have not fought for those in the sandbox out there.. If you have, you would never discredit the hardwork of troops and their deaths out there.

13. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
  14. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Glad you finally understand your own position.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
  16. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Reread your post I quoted. If you still can't make the connection I can't help you.

17. ProfessorNutbudder

Apr 1, 2003
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

See how that works??? It's all name calling intolerance.

18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Interesting that you keep saying liberal. No one here has stated a political affiliation. Are you saying that only liberals oppose bigotry?

19. InsidiousMongo

Apr 23, 2015
  20. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
  21. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Simple hedge tactic. If you politicize an issue, you either discredit it, or create space for opposing arguments to be viewed as "legitimate." Either way, you increase your advantage. On the other hand, if you treat homosexuality as the non-political reality that it is (much like climate change, another non-political reality), then the "political" view that homosexuality is wrong and/or purely a choice, is discredited. That's why these two posters continue to argue that the issue is a political one. That gives them a false "legitimacy" to stand on.

22. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Spooling & Insidious are almost certainly trolling, given how blatant their bigotry is... probably shouldn't feed them anymore or this thread will end up locked like those folks pages ago wanted. [face_plain]

23. ProfessorNutbudder

Apr 1, 2003
    Bravissimo!!!

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  24. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yep, i was just hoping my comment might make him think about jumping to conclusions.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    And that may very well be their intention.

Krueger : Wrong emoticon. You need this one: [face_rofl]

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.