main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Homosexuality: the Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by zombie, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i thought she was out as bi previously im still not sure if that's correct and she just realized she was full on lesbian or if im making that up entirely

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe we were both confusing Ellen Page with Paquin, who did come out as bisexual a few years back (right at the height of Prop 8 IIRC).

3. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    seems unlikely as i have been aware of ellen page since hard candy (DONT GO IN THERE SHE BEHIND THE DOH!!) and i have never once cared about true blood

Ender Sai likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Neither do I, but I remember the media having a field day/orgasm when Paquin announced she was bi.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    BTW, this was Sir Patrick's response to the Guardian's article:

[​IMG]

6. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
    I thought this was hilarious.

Homo Demons' Pastor Targets The Young Turks & We Can't Stop Laughing

UNLIMITED POWER likes this.
  7. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
    God's Reaction To The Veto Of The Anti-Gay Bill In Arizona

UNLIMITED POWER likes this.
  8. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    im a little surprised to see a woman of (persumably) armenian descent chillin on a show called "the young turks". armenians are usually pretty sensitive about turks, and the young turks in particular :p

Hank Hill likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The Homo Demons sounds like a really bad sitcom.

Hank Hill likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Kuag

Kuag Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    Nothing like a single person in a black robe telling citizens that they don't have the right to determine what marriage is! Hooray freedom! :rolleyes:

12. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I've blasted them a few times on their name, which since they're leftwing blowhards with modest to no formal education they picked because it sounded dynamic and not because it was the name of the regime which ushered in the Armenian Genocide - which Turkey to this day denies.

We have any Turks posting on the forum? I'd love to hear how the Armenians murdered themselves.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It's a play on the fact that the host is Turkish and "Young Turk" used to be/is a synonym for "progressive" or "radical" or something similar. But yes, it is rather ill-advised given how the atrocities of the actual Young Turks have risen in the public consciousness.

15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

to be fair the only person i know who denies the armenian genocide is azeri, not turkish (and i know quite a few turks, and not only because im currently in an anthropology class on turkey, taught by a turk, who teaches that the armenian genocide occurred)

16. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Stop letting reality ruin Ender's fantasy Turks.

17. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    That it occurred, or that it was a genocide? I've had several arguments with the past on if it was a genocide, or merely a situation where rogue elements were committing crimes that led to the large number of killing, but nothing organized or intended to be a genocide. He never said that the deaths didn't happen or anything like that, which is a common holocaust denial thing.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The stay had not been issued when I posted that. Michigan's gov. had to file for an emergency one as the original presiding judge hadn't issued win with the inital ruiling.

ETA: And maybe you guys can form another thread to discuss Armenian genocide rather than here? Because I'm sitting here going 'WTF does Armenian genocide have to do with homosexuality?'

19. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    my impression is that turks, (at least turks living in america, the ones i have met) are pretty blase about the issue at this point. and to hear my professor tell it, that's how turks from turkey GENERALLY are as well. they're like yeah it was a genocide and that's lame etc etc but it was a long time ago what do you want us to do about it? kind of like americans acknowledging the native american genocide.

the government is another story, but i have yet to meet a turkish expat with rose-colored views of erdogan, kemalism (not that kemal ("ataturk") was involved in the genocide, part of his appeal at the time was that he was unstained by it) or the young turks generally. of course, that's probably why they're expats but whatever. the government does indeed have issues with the word "genocide". that is the bone of contention at this point, as they have acknowledged (a ballpark version) of the deathtoll. basically armenians just want them to use the word/declare that it was an intentional campaign against armenians as a people

my prof addressed the subject initially in a staunchly neutral "present both sides" kind of way before disclosing later that his personal view was that it is in fact an event worth of being called a "genocide"

20. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I appreciate that history and politics are your weakpoints (like your friend and his grasp of science) but I fail to see how mocking the death and suffering of 1.6mil Armenians at the hands of the Turks is in anyway funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide_denial

Rogue_Ten - yes, the issue';s mainly confined to Turkey. Turks outside of Turkey are reasonably comfortable with facts.

21. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Mocking the deaths of millions of people? You mean like this comment?

"We have any Turks posting on the forum? I'd love to hear how the Armenians murdered themselves."

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I don't think he was mocking the Armenians. I'm pretty sure he was mocking Turks who deny the Armenian genocide happened.

23. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    His assumption that any turk posting on the jcc denies it isn't offensive to you guys? What is wrong with all you people.

24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    If you all want to start a Turkish genocide thread, feel free to take the conversation over there.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Can we go back to praising Michigan for being the 18th state to strike down the marriage ban?