main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Homosexuality: the Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by zombie, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    No, it was a Pokémon joke because their position "evolved." The joke now explained, I shall go solemnly contemplate my material in the corner of the room, muttering to myself about how I have become what I hate most.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Seagoat and yankee8255 like this.
  3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002

I'd love to see an atheist attempt to use the language of one of these religious discrimination bills against an evangelical. Presumably they could, bring that up and see how much integrity they have

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh please oh please oh please.

I would pay good money for a local news story about an atheist refusing to marry an evangelical quiverful homeschooling "because public schoolz are of teh devil" type couple.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's a last ditch attempt to find a workaround. They're scared and panicking because they're aware that they're being swept into a rout, and that's nice to see.

That said, they can all get thoroughly stuffed.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  7. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    lolz watch republicans suddenly remember that religous latinos hate teh gay, decide puerto ricans are "The Good Mexicans" and campaign for full statehood

8. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    It's really a catch 22 isn't it?

9. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
  10. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Shows what a joke airports are. They don't do anything until he kicks him

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    So that airport video . . . the drunken clown's behavior is disturbing. Almost equally disturbing is the steadfast refusal of anyone official to step in as the situation escalates. Official workers are just walking by, pretending that a man isn't being bullied and verbally abused and physically threatened right in front of them. I mean, come on.

But as disturbing as all that is . . . that moment when he actually physically assaults the gay dude . . . and five ordinary citizens just take the guy out . . . that moment is ******* inspiring. The guy who was harassing the gay guy said he was doing what he did because he believed in America or some nonsense. Those five guys jumping on a drunken bigot bully . . . that's America. God bless those guys. I just played that moment about three times.

13. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
    The guy isn't actually gay. He was just wearing a pink stripped shirt.

UNLIMITED POWER likes this.
  14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Potato, potatto.

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    :oops: That is the only thing that could have made that video stupider.

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Ghost and Juliet316 like this.
  17. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    better get hitched quick, folks

18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Nah, I don't think they'd dare try reversing the tide.

19. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    but the thing is that they can if they want to. so basically, we have to assume the worst. roberts had done unexpected things in the past. he's an erratic lil feller

Frank T. likes this.
  20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    AFAIK, only with those four states (Pennsylvania having already legalized SSM on its own) and the relatively few others who haven't had circuit court decisions. They can't strike down the pro-SSM appellate decisions they already declined to review or they weren't asked to review in the first place.

21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Their decision not to review previous cases doesn't grant them any special protection. It just means they didn't review the situations in those states at that time. When they eventually do consider the issue of same sex marriages, whatever they decide will apply to all relevant cases, whether they'd previously declined to consider them or not.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The Supreme Court is impossible to predict true... But I do think, at least some members of the court, know which way things are going. If the court as a whole, sincerely wanted to uphold the bans/outlaw same - sex marriage, I think they would have in essence done so if they'd ruled the opposite of how they ruled with Prop 8 and DOMA last year. There are still some hard - liners against any kind of rights for gays (Scalia for instance, still calls gay relationships, 'sodomy'), which maybe why they've pushed the ultimate decision down the road for as long as they can, but I do think eventually we'll see the Court ultimately make the decision once and for all to rule marriage as a right for all, regardless of gender.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    skygawker likes this.
  24. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Haven't seen this posted here yet:

Recently a lesbian couple in Russia got married, thanks to a legal loophole. One of the women is transgender, and the her legal documents still say that she's male, so technically their marriage isn't breaking the law.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope this all gets taken care of very soon.