main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Homosexuality: the Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by zombie, Jan 24, 2006.

1. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I don't know about hurting the cause, but I have seen some pretty uncool things in comment sections. Understandable, but disappointing.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's a good object lesson - even if they agree with a cause you like people are ultimately vicious and nasty. Sometimes I imagine that Thomas Hobbes looks down at the Internet from Philosophy Valhalla, forces Rousseau to look at it, and laughs a cruel laugh.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    She seems like an unironic, not-at-all-funny version of the Church Lady on SNL.

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I saw a good funny today.

"You aren't Rosa Parks. You're George Wallace."

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    **** public opinion.

Yodaminch likes this.
  6. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    It's interesting that Ms. Davis' salary isn't being mentioned as much as it should be in news coverage (the NY Times had zero mention of it today). It's the answer to why she's hanging on to the job and not resigning.

Vaderize03 and Juliet316 like this.
  7. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
  8. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Even as a religious argument this makes no sense as there's nothing in the bible about not working with 'sinners'. But of course, Christian fundamentalists wouldn't be Christian fundamentalists if they didn't make someone's marriage all about them. And Beezer, she's a government employee. Her oath is to do her job regardless of whether she personally liked the outcome. If she didn't want to do it, then she shouldn't work for the government. I doubt you'd see many Jews, Muslims, or vegans working in a slaughterhouse.

Agreed, a fine would be pointless and gofundme is thankfully not allowing her to enrich herself off of this. However, Huckabee et. al. are treating her as a martyr and I can guarantee you the 'Fox News Exclusive' is in her future.

9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Her son ( one of the deputy clerks ) is still getting away with not issuing the licenses, but the five other clerks are all doing it so no one seems to care.

10. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Well, he's now in the minority and I doubt after seeing what happened to his mother that he's not going to cause any trouble.

11. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I think it's funny how Christians are getting up in arms about this, like she went to jail for her beliefs rather than going to jail for an actual sentence.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm perfectly fine with her going to jail for her beliefs since they're laughably outdated beliefs that paint her as a bigot.

13. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001

Some NSFW-ish language. His makes a good point.

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    And this scenario does help identify whoever else might be bigots. Just like with the Chick-Fil-A thing.

cwustudent and Juliet316 like this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I wonder how Chick-Fil-A is doing now?

16. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Their Chicago Loop location has lines out the front door every day at lunch on weekdays. Heavily salted fried food has a way of making people overlook unsavory politics.

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    We buy products from companies that collaborated with the Third Reich-- from Coca-Cola to IBM to Bayer. Opposition to gay marriage is nothing.

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Honestly as fast food chicken sandwiches go they're pretty solid. Also, for the most part they knocked it off.

anakinfansince1983 and ShaneP like this.
  19. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    A meme I've seen making the rounds goes:

No one is going to jail because of their religious beliefs. Someone is going to jail for trying to make the government force others to follow her religious beliefs.

20. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    [​IMG]

21. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Because people are tired, your lazy correspondent included, of uneducated bigots stating morally reprehensible hyperbole to attract votes and money in lieu of addressing the actual issues. "Oh, we're going to burn the priests while we jackoff five year-olds?" Ten million people blasted in an iron furnace is not comparable to two queens setting up a legal partnership followed by sex in a private location. There is no equivocation, there is no overlap. I agree people should restrain from making those type remarks you quoted because remember, pray for your enemies, a revelation many tend to forget when they are aiming Bibles out of catapults at raving apostates and raping queers. Still, even my mind, my middle finger to these people's infantile paranoiac behavior.

(Bizarre side note given for people who have wasted too much time on this message board. Remember Admiral_Thrawn60, Canadian of German extract who ragged on America to prove his genital size? Mentioned how his SS grandfather was killed during the massacre at Dachau? My great-grandfather's brother was part of the American unit who liberated Dachau, and later used a sawed-off twenty gauge to the left temple in the 60s as an anti-depressant. Weirdest six degrees of the JC ever).

22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    First canon gay hero! Am I dreaming?

"Chuck Wendig: There was no issue in terms of the Lucasfilm people. They have been very gracious and accommodating for that sort of thing, as they should be."

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Ugh, she hired her son and he's the lone holdout? The plot thickens. Interesting that I've not heard of him until now. Has he chosen to stay quiet? I'll thank him for that.
    Oh, the current husband? A quote comes to mind. "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

25. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005

i don't know any actual christians who are up in arms about it. just seen a handful on tv who think they represent christians.