main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Homosexuality: the Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by zombie, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    Any of those options sounds like the right decision compared to the millions that the USSR and the communist China that was established by the USSR.

How about all those killed in the proxy wars fought in Korea and Vietnam? Wouldn't it have been better to end it once and for all when we were the only Nuclear power on the block? I tend to think so.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So before the Cold War even started, the US should have nuked the hell out of an ally?

That's quite twisted, I must say.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    starting to think this scrapo guy has some not so good opinions.

V-2, Lord Vivec, Scapro Tyler and 2 others like this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Sometimes, I'm glad JCC posters don't have significant power in the world.

Juliet316 and Diggy like this.
  5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What if he's Trump [face_plain]

DanielUK likes this.
  6. Scapro Tyler

Oct 17, 2015
    Me too! :)

Damn... Caught me. -Takes off Hand Enlarging inserts-

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Shockingly enough, you have your history mixed up. The bulk of Stalinist purges were before 1945 and much of the body count attributed to him were the result of cyclical famines that also plagued the pre-communist Russian Empire.

And the USSR didn't support Mao's faction until well after they were already winning. In fact for most of China's war against Japan (and before) the Soviets preferred the KMT.

I would go on but I hate typing a lot on my phone.

And I generally find the idea that innocent people should killed to prevent other innocent people from being killed to be stupid and offensive. The bulk of the deaths in Korea and Indochina are the responsibility of the U.S., not the USSR or PRC.

Diggy and DanielUK like this.
  8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Nah, Trump's not that extreme.

Diggy likes this.
  9. Scapro Tyler

Oct 17, 2015
    So the idea that 200K had to die with Hiroshima/Nagasaki so that 1 million US soldiers and 5 million Japanese civilians (All estimates) didn't have to is offensive?

Glad you weren't POTUS in 1945.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I have to say....I'm glad you weren't either.

11. Scapro Tyler

Oct 17, 2015
    So am I. I don't think I would make a good POTUS. Never said I would.

12. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    The dropping of the atomic bombs was primarily a strategic decision as the Soviets were poised to invade Hokkaido before the U.S. was going to invade Kyushu. And Truman and his advisors wanted to demonstrate the atom bomb to them.

It was never about saving lives. If it were, they certainly would not have bombed Nagasaki.

13. Scapro Tyler

Oct 17, 2015
    The first bomb was dropped on Hiroshima which was a primary military target.

Nagasaki was only a secondary target. The primary target for the 2nd bombing was a city called Kokura. Cloud cover rendered that target a no go so the B29 moved on to a secondary target.

14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I know that. It also is completely beside the point. Would it have made a difference if Kokura had been the second to suffer a nuclear attack?

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    So much for this thread being about LGBT....

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Bringing it back on topic:

When they liberated concentration camps, the Righteous West sent the homosexual victims back to prison and their Nazi-era convictions were upheld. But we totally should have bombed those monstrous homophobes in Russia.

V-2 likes this.
  17. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    I"m really curious about what the Eff North Carolina is thinking about introducing a bill that outlaws same-sex marriage in their state. Are they trying to set up a new Supreme Court challenge what with the new guy and everything? It's the same liberal/conservative makeup that decided same-sex marriage was legal across all 50 states in the first place!

Personal story: I'm heterosexual (don't hold it against me), but was mostly raised by my mom. I was teased a lot in school because I would cross my legs, got along with girls better than boys, etc. My ex-wife (long story there, unrelated to this thread) even tried to dig at me by saying I was gay. I know what set of genitalia I like, and wouldn't want anybody to tell me any different. On the flip side of that coin, who thinks it should be their job to tell anybody whether they and the person they love deserve all the rights of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Juliet316 and V-2 like this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Those of us who live here have been wondering WTF North Carolina is thinking for a long time.

cwustudent likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Your neighbors in Virginia are wondering too.

PCCViking likes this.
  20. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    Well, it's not 1945, bud.

They got nukes too, these days
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    USSR became pretty much enemies with China, since Khrushchev.

Now, Russia and China are "allies", supposedly... Last year, Russian Marines even trained with Chinese colleagues, in China
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seemed to me, they were prepping to, potentially, support the Chinese in an invasion of Taiwan. Or, storming some islands in South China Sea, maybe...

Either way, worries me, all of it. Russia should not be involving itself in that crap.

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Duh. They're probably hoping some difference in argument will flip a vote, or that somehow the magical persuasive power of Gorsuch (which... lol.) will accomplish the same thing.

Pretty disgusting regardless.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    They do realize there's a Democrat as Governor, so the chances of that bill being signed if it ever made it out of the legistature are next to nil right?

24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh, well, then it's just symbolic red meat for the homophobic parts of their base.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Pretty much.