main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Homosexuality: What's up with that? (V.2)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by CwrnPuppet, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CwrnPuppet

CwrnPuppet Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I can see Knight's point: Pedophilia really ins't the point of this thread.

2. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    OK....my view....on Homosexuals..

I have no problem with them. In fact, many of my closest friends are gay men. I know a couple that are 2 of the nicest people that you would ever know. Their love is real..not sexual. They all have told me that they were born that way. MAny of them had been married to a woman..but divorced after coming to terms to the fact they they were attracted to the same sex.

I dont know why anyone would choose to be gay...why would anyone choose a life of ridicule, and prejudice?

Heterosexuals...can walk down the street, holding the hand of the one they love. Gays can not. Can a heterosexual imagine that?

Being gay has nothing to do with sex. Nothing.

Let them marry!!! Who is it hurting?? NO ONE!!

SO many gays suffer form depression because of their life. The suicide rate is very high.

Thinking that pedophiles and gays are one in the same is plain ignorant. Thats all I have to say about that. [face_plain]

3. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    HOWEVER..society does link the 2..and one can not be discussed without the other

Society mistakenly links the two, and they most certainly can be discussed separately, which will be the case in this thread.

4. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Being gay has nothing to do with sex. Nothing.

Erm... I think I understand what you're trying to say with this, but... Being gay does have a lot to do with sex: Rather, one really isn't gay unless they are sexually attracted to members of the same sex.

I would agree that being gay doesn't mean that your sexuality is your identity, but the state of being gay most certainly has its sexual ramifications.

5. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    I meant "sex" as the act. Until a few years ago...being gay was listed in the DSMR as a sexual perversion. It was in that reference that I meant it.

6. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    *scratches head*

Then why didn't you say "sexual perversion" rather than "sex"?

7. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Maybe she mistakenly thought that people would understand what she was trying to convey using the words that she did?

8. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Maybe. If we were all psychic, we wouldn't need forums ;c)

9. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    Thank you Stevo......I forgot that not everyone can read minds.... :D

10. stevo

Aug 14, 2001
    Heh, I forget that everybody isn't always as smart as me . . . :p.

Anyways . . .

Gays in the Boy Scouts.

I am an Eagle Scout, and going through my teens was hell. Knowing I was gay but learning that what I was-- was wrong and perverted placed alot of stress on my life. From what they told us, they didn't want gays in the Boy Scouts because they thought it was a bad influence on the kids(afraid they'd gather new recruits), but the leaders never realized-- Hey, maybe they're born with it and it doesn't come from anybody but themselves. Unfortunatly, they never considered that the scouts might be gay. It comes to this, even though they are a private orginization-- they shouldn't be allowed to discriminate against someone who has a different lifestyle than their own.

11. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Stevo - that's sad to hear.

You know, I really wish that a lot of heterosexuals could take a step back and try to imagine what it is like to have these uncontrollable feelings and then to find out that the vast majority of people think that they make you sick, perverted, sinful, evil, disgusting or dangerous: It can really go a long way to making someone feel worthless.

12. Rogue_Solo

Rogue_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2001
    Here's my take on things. The BSA can exclude gays. Personaly, I think it's stupid, but their within their rights.

Gay marriges don't bother me; I'm all for them. If marrige is a religous thing between a man and a woman, then like Crwn_Puppet said, call it something else. If atheists can get married in the eyes of the law, then I can't see any reason why gays shouldn't.

13. stevo

Aug 14, 2001
    It isn't their right.

In V.1 it was discussed if homophobia and racism are different. I believe that they are the same, and it is illegal to exclude something on the basis of their race, as it should be on their sexuality.

14. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Top 10 viable alternative names for gay unions:

10)Faggiage
    9)Orange Slush-Puppytude
    8)Homocohabitationalism
    7)Gonkiness
    6)WellItsAboutDamnTime
    5)Legally-Binding Sodomy
    4)Magic Cheesecake of Doom
    3)WhoWearsTheTuxiage
    2)Debbie
    1)Fratrimony

;c)

We, unlike many heterosexuals, don't CARE about what it is called. We just want the same legal rights.

15. Rogue_Solo

Feb 21, 2001
    I'm not entirely clear on all of these things, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

The BSA is a private organization. Because they are not funded by public money, they can then exclude who ever they want. IMO, it's wrong of them to do so, but they can if they want.

BTW, I like the Magic Cheesecake of Doom name.

16. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    BTW, if anyone wants to skim through the original thread, here it is.

If there's anything that you feel we didn't fully cover that was mentioned in that thread, bring it up here. ;c)

17. stevo

Aug 14, 2001
    [face_laugh]

10)Faggiage

18. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    I don't think anyone disagrees that the BSA has the legal right to exclude whomever they should chose: I think the argument is whether or not they should exclude anyone, as it seems to go against the basic accepting principals of scouting.

19. stevo

Aug 14, 2001
    Is that even an issue?

Trustworthy
    Loyal
    Helpful
    FRIENDLY
    Curteous(sp)
    KIND
    Obidient
    Cheerful
    Thrifty
    Brave
    Clean
    Reverent

EDIT: The BSA is a private orginization, but they do get special favors done by the governemnt. -- last year's jamboree was hosted by a U.S. Army base.

20. Rogue_Solo

Feb 21, 2001
    Gotcha. I don't know the exact principles of the BSA, so I would assume that they're close to the Girl Scout ones, in which case they aren't following them. Would the Eagle Scout help me out here? Unless they've already been stated and I have a shorter memory than I think.

21. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Also from the Boy Scout Handbook, page 46:

"You should respect and defend the rights of all people"

*cough*

22. Rogue_Solo

Feb 21, 2001
    Thanks stevo. I was right, they're being hypocrites.

23. stevo

Aug 14, 2001
    Yes, like I said, I don't think it is an issue that the no gays rule in the BSA is a contradiction to their principles.

BTW: Rouge_Solo- I am a Eagle Scout.

24. Rogue_Solo

Feb 21, 2001
    That's awesome that you're an Eagle Scout. That takes a lot of...time, work, and everything.

So, back on topic...

25. Jedi_Master_Anakin

Jedi_Master_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    Exactly crwn. In their OWN book of rules, they say that they should both protect the rights of all people. And that they should accept people of all other backgrounds. I think that a sexual preference can be concidered a background. So they are going against what they believe by trying to "protect" their little boys. Also, as far as marriage goes, will anybody against it tell me why? And furthermore, what it hurts? Because I am unclear on what allowing homosexuals to marry will hurt. It only progresses society as a whole. And since the United States has the base word for UNITY. Shouldn't we do all we can to accomplish Unity? I think so. We really can become the UNITED States, if we would only push toward an equal rights goal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.