main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Homosexuals are gay. (Official homosexuality discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Saint_of_Killers, Jul 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    Howdy, ho's! Saint of Kizzles in this bizzle. Welcome to the new gay thread, started, appropriately enough by me.

That's me, all this stuff was originally penned by that sexy bitch CwrnPuppet:

"If you've not been a part of our previous threads, we invite you to join us with this spanky new one. People of all walks of life are not only welcomed, but encouraged to join in on the fray. Please be considerate of others, but don't be afraid to voice your opinion, no matter how much it may differ from that of others.

Just a few groundrules that we have agreed to, in conjunction with KnightWriter, our friendly neighborhood mod:

1)Discussions of religion are fine, provided they are on-topic. Verses in the Bible or other religious texts that deal with this issue are welcome, as is general debate about the validity of faith in terms of sexuality; that said, this should not be a forum for the discussion of religion itself.

2) We not only welcome humor in this thread, we thrive on it - Just bear in mind that others have feelings. Try not to belittle their faith or lifestyle. ie, it's fine to say "I believe homosexuality is wrong" or "I do not agree with your religion," but it is not okay to say "You're a sick, twisted freak" or "You're a deluded religious zealot."

Brass tacks - arguing your point is fine, just don't make it personal

3)Epithets such as fag, queer, homo, etc are acceptable as long as they are not directed at others in the thread. In other words, you can say "Why do people have a problem with queers," but not "You're a queer."

4) Try to avoid being redundant. We've covered quite a few topics in the previous two threads and would prefer not to get into the same debates over and over again. This is not to say that already-discussed topics are off-limits, but if you want to discuss them, please take the time to read what we have already said and take it from there. Below are links to some of our key discussions, so that you can read through them for a diving-off point, should you wish to discuss them further:

Racism wrong, Homophobia acceptable? (Original thread, started by Lord Bane)
    Homosexuality: What's up with that? (Second thread, started by Yours Truly
    Discussion of various Bible verses concerning the subject
    Discussion of Paul's letters
    Ruth and more Leviticus fun
    Jonathan and David

Me again:

Now let's break out the lube and latex and get this party started!

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Make sure it's water based like KY... oil based lubes are hell on latex... :p

Right, other than 'faith', what are people's reasoning for deeming homosexuality 'wrong' or 'not family freindly'...

(Yes this line of questioning is an off shoot of the Coms thread...)

Edit

I'm a sexier bitch than CP SOK! So is my buddy AG!

Besides, I think I'm better endowed than either of them.

3. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Good job for starting this, SoK. :)

As far as non-faith-based reasons that it's not "family-friendly"...I'm asking, I'm not telling, because I'm one of the ones who believes that a homosexual couple is a family...but is it because they can't reproduce? My personal opinion is that that's kind of silly if so, because a lot of heterosexual couples can't reproduce, and some halves of heterosexual couples such as myself have no desire to reproduce.

EDIT:

Breezy: Hear hear!!! :)

Proof: [image=http://www.geocities.com/chief121371/tracypauliewhiterock.jpg]

4. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    I'd hit it.

5. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Who wouldn't? :p

6. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Remember that although friendliness and good times are a part of this thread, this isn't a social thread in and of itself. Discussion is still needed to keep this thread going :).

7. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    Well, it's kind of tough when no one else is posting. :p

And unless you want me to repeat what's been said already...

8. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    Being gay is not a lifestyle choice. That's not to say that some gay people's lives don't revolve around sex, but many don't. Being gay just means being attracted to your own gender instead of the opposite. Coming out simply means acknowledging this attraction to yourself and others. Being in a gay relationship and having gay sex is no different for gays than being in a hetero relationship and having man-woman sex is for heterosexuals. All the rest of it depends on the individual, and varies quite a bit. The term lifestyle includes much more than the gender involved in someone's romantic relationships. Coming out of the closet does not automatically presuppose a decision to live a life based on sex, promiscuity, drugs, etc.

9. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    My lesbian lifestyle isn't nearly as interesting as my gaming lifestyle! ;)

10. Grand Admiral Thran

Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 1999
    My lesbian lifestyle isn't nearly as interesting as my gaming lifestyle!

*inserts random joke about a videocamera, another woman, and Thran getting a very happy present in his vcr the next day? No? Darn*

[sarcasm]
    It does make you wonder, though, do gay male couples pull in more cash than gay female couples? This sort of inequality in the homosexual compound is a bit odd, since aren't some gay females very masculine, and inversely some gay males very feminine? How would you do pay to compensate for that? Or do they get automatically docked for being androgenous anyways?[/sarcasm]

So...anyways about that video, Tina?
    -GAT

11. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    *a_g wonders about threesomes*

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    They are points off of the purity test...

13. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    My purity score is...well...I'm not saying here. :p

Not sure I have an interest in actually participating, just more of a healthy curiosity about them.

14. Grand Admiral Thran

Jul 22, 1999
    My purity score is...well...I'm not saying here.

I feel like the blackest pot now, A_GThanks :(

Not sure I have an interest in actually participating, just more of a healthy curiosity about them.

*big grin* I hear A_G is a hottie with her husband, The Italian Stallion. I'm very open minded you know ;)

Or did you mean with Tina and whoever she pairs up with? *again points to the videocamera in vain hopes!*

Curosity got the cat laid after all...

Or was that killed? Hm.
    -GAT

15. Padawan Eden

Padawan Eden Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 1999
    Ahem... Mooning over lesbians and married women gets you nowhere GAT. Why is that whenever a guy hears the word 'lesbian' they automatically assume the woman is some kind of dominatrix or that they can work their way into a threesome ? What part of 'lesbian' don't you understand ?

16. Grand Admiral Thran

Jul 22, 1999
    Ahem... Mooning over lesbians and married women gets you nowhere GAT. Why is that whenever a guy hears the word 'lesbian' they automatically assume the woman is some kind of dominatrix or that they can work their way into a threesome ? What part of 'lesbian' don't you understand ?

Who said anything about me joining in? Ever hear the term, eyecandy? And for the record, I don't want a dominatrix, thanks, I am a Top myself. Thirdly, mooning over lesbians is a natural, God-given right given to men and women alike. You put two very beautiful girls into a bubbly hottub and see if people don't turn their heads.

As with A_G, it wouldn't be a ffm threesome, it'd have to be a mmf threesome if I was involved. I wouldn't /ever/ be a part of sexual play with a married person unless their partner was RIGHT there. Unless of course A_G only wants another woman with her. If that is the case, good luck to her hubby ;)

Besides, it's all in jest and good fun (at least from this side).
    -GAT

17. Padawan Eden

Padawan Eden Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 1999
    Eyecandy huh ? So now we're here for some horn dog male to oogle ? You want to oogle two women going at it, theres plenty of fake lesbians in pron that will be more than HAPPY to oblige. You think real lesbians want that any more than we want any tom, dick or hairy (guy that is) in the mix ?

18. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    I have not so far seen any proof whatsoever that homosexuality is preprogrammed.

Could someone post a link or something?

19. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    I feel like the blackest pot now, A_GThanks

I don't know, GAT--I might be able to compete with you for that title.

*big grin* I hear A_G is a hottie with her husband, The Italian Stallion. I'm very open minded you know

[face_blush] :D

There should be more open-minded people in the world.

Padawan Eden: Yes, this is all in good fun. ;)

Obi-Zahn: You can find a web link to prove just about anything you want, really, but I'll look. I will tell you this though--my oldest friend is a homosexual male, and he'll tell you that he didn't "make a choice" to be that way. Why the hell would anybody choose to be homosexual and risk the persecution thereof, especially in the region of the country where I live?

20. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    It may not have to be a conscious decision.

21. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    Then it's something instinctual in them then?

22. Jedi_Master201

May 5, 2001
    Or maybe it's something that happens to them during their growth and maturing that causes them to be confused (for lack of a better word).

Perhaps it's caused by a constant entertaining of certain thoughts, or by getting bored with heterosexual relationships that they feel the need to branch out and experiment.

I don't claim to have the right answer, but I DO believe it's wrong, according to my faith, and so I don't think it's genetic. I don't think anyone is born that way.

23. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    Since this is a new thread, would you mind outlining why homosexuality is wrong?

24. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    J_M201: My cousin and I were raised very similarly--we both were in two-parent households, in the Southeast. Our mothers are sisters. We both had two siblings, we both had parents who took us to church every Sunday and taught us about God and Jesus. We both excelled academically in school, and we both were somewhat athletic but not very. We even have similar personalities and like similar music and books. However, he's gay and I'm straight. So how could it have been upbringing, when we were brought up the same way? How could he have gotten "confused" when I didn't? Why are his brother and sister both straight? The only explanation possible is that he was born that way.

25. Jedi_Master201

May 5, 2001
    I happen to believe we aren't defined completely by how we're raised. Just because he's similar to you in several ways doesn't mean he's an exact replication of you morally speaking.

J_F_T, the best answer I can give you for why I believe it's wrong is bacause my God says it is. I believe He set out how we are to live our lives from the beginning, and He said what was meant to be and what wasn't, and homosexuality, in my opinion, is a deviation from that plan. It's taking sex and love - things given to us by God for our benefit - and twisting it to our own desires, which are in conflict with His. This is the definition of most, if not all, sin. Taking blessings from God and using them too much or too little, or in the wrong context.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.