main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Honestly; Episodes 3.1-3.9??

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LordPeril, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordPeril

LordPeril Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    Okay. So apparently Lucas has stated somewhere that there will be 100 hour long episodes in this TV series. In that time, yea I guess 20 years goes by and there's some things that need to be covered like ObiWan's training, Leia somehow turning into a teenage badass with a hell of a blaster shot, Vader finishing off the Jedi and the Empire creeping into the galaxy but let's think about this.

Each episode is going to be an hour. That's 100 hours. The typical season for any TV series is about 10-13 episodes while other shows run only 7-9. So this TV series is going to be going on for like 7-10 years in all likelyhood. Do you really want to see all the goings on in that twenty year period between Episodes II and IV take that long to develope?

I just think a new cast of characters and setting the timeframe of KOTOR would work out the best. After all, Lucas says he likes that era.

2. darkside61490

darkside61490 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    I heartily agree, but I don't know where you could have gotten that info.

The first-first few seasons will be set inbetween Eps III and IV, but the others will be placed in newer periods (ie- KOTOR)

So says georgy anyway...

3. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    acutally seasons for prime time tv shows run 20 to 25 episodes, so more like 4 to 5 years.

Darkside, GL did not say that THIS series will deal with KOTOR era. At C3 he said he may consider it for another TV series if this one takes off.

4. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    there's no telling where things will go if the first series is a winner.

However, the universe is HUGE, and he could deal with things totally unrelated to Leia, Obiwan etc etc

5. Red-One

Red-One Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    Typical network season is 20-24 episodes. A cable season can be whatever they want.

I would love to see more non-cartoon live action Star Wars, but Television is so completely different than movie making. There are only so many high price advertising hours that could support Star Wars. Great series are cancelled all the time due low or slipping numbers-even just the perception of such (Crusade on TNT). The one question that I keep asking myself is why would you take a $400 million making franchise and move it to TV where it will make a fraction of that? Lucasfilm is a big company, this would be a financially irresponsible decision and in the end, I doubt that the number crunchers would allow it.

I would put more hope in an early Yoda movie.

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The show may cover new characters in new locations. It doesn't have to be Leia, Obi-Wan, Bail and Vader.

-Seldon

7. LordPeril

LordPeril Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    I understand what you guys are saying but do you really think that Lucasfilm can cover twenty years of events between 2movies without once crossing paths with Yoda, ObiWan or especially Vader and Palpatine? That seems impossible.

While I'd love nothing more than to see a KOTOR series, I hope this series is as far as it goes. To many of us on this site, Star Wars is a part of our lives. To many around us, it's something fantastic and respected. So was Star Trek before it branched out into nothing...

As much as it sucks, whatever this show is about, let's leave it at that. But another question. Which network do you guys thing will air the show? You think a big one like ABC or CBS, a basic cable one like Sci-Fi Channel or do you think it will go to HBO?

8. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Each episode is going to be an hour. That's 100 hours. The typical season for any TV series is about 10-13 episodes while other shows run only 7-9. So this TV series is going to be going on for like 7-10 years in all likelyhood. Do you really want to see all the goings on in that twenty year period between Episodes II and IV take that long to develope?[/i]

Are they going to be on one of the major networks? If so then they will be showing more then 10 to 13 episodes. More like 22 to 24 episodes. Heck even on networks like TNT and TBS they show any where from 22 to 24 episodes.

9. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    It will last for 5 years, 22 epidodes per season..

But RM did say it will be between ROTS and ANH, so Leia, Luke and such will be seen....

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Great series are cancelled all the time due low or slipping numbers-even just the perception of such (Crusade on TNT).<<

Crusade was cancelled before it ever aired due to the numbskulls at TNT Atlanta, it had little to nothing to do with the ratings of the show (but rather how the good-sized audience that tuned in for B5 didn't stick around for the crappy programming on TNT that followed it).

11. Red-One

Red-One Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    Right, thats what I said. TNT had the perception that we (fans) had no intrest in more B5 or B5 related stuff. I can see a network suit making the same incorrect argument for Star Wars.

12. BLY37

BLY37 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    I dont know what series you watch that is only 10 to 13 episodes long, heck smallville seasons are anywhere from 21-24 episodes long and CSI is like 22-24 episodes long so in 5 yrs u can have 100 shows or more. and the series will have to a few familiar faces or I dont think it will work.

13. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    I highly doubt ANY network LUCKY enough to get the SW series would ever take the fan base for granted like they did for Crusade. SW is a cash cow and whatever network gets the series will do whatever it takes to keep it on THEIR network.

14. Brian5475E

Brian5475E Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    Maybe it's a cover up. Maybe he is making more movies, you never know? Just using the TV series as a cover. I think if it is a TV show it needs some major characters somewhere. Maybe Ewan can do a couple episodes, Also I think Ian is def. gonna have to be in it!

15. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    No more movies- GL,RM...

Please, let it go, sonny...

16. Brian5475E

Brian5475E Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    Who you calling "sonny" junior! I was just saying that. I never said I wanted it or it was going to happen. I just said you never know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.