main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Honestly, I hope IG-88 will be another victim of Lucas' streamlining of the continuity

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Not to mention he's the only character I know of in the SW universe who can shoot around corners. Seriously, no one else can do that, and that makes him extra scary.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Agreed and agreed.

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I'm all for bringing back all the old bounty hunters! Bossk living up to his potential so far.

4. 13thsithlord

13thsithlord Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    i have to agree that this is a part of the eu i could happy lose

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I am all for IG-88's EU getting steamrolled, but I'm still against him making an appearance, just because I think they're going overboard with OT characters cropping up in the PT era. For some it makes sense, like Tarkin. But Chewbacca showing up AGAIN (in addition to ROTS), and now apparently Ackbar in Season 4, and Bossk in Season 3.

Not everyone that fought in World War II had some role (let alone an important one) in WWI. And the people that were fighting over in Iraq post-9/11 are not the ones that were there originally.

Tarkin I could buy, since he was treated as Vader's equal in ANH, which I would think would require a long time to earn that kind of trust. Also, in ROTS we see him in charge of the Death Star, and likewise that would require the prior establishment of a great deal of trust between Palpatine and Tarkin before I would expect Palpatine to be willing to trust such a secret to a member of the military.

But of all the Wookiees, Chewbacca did not have to be the one that coincidentally crosses paths with Anakin's apprentice, only to stand against Anakin (in the form of Vader) 19 years later. And Bossk doesn't need to be a bounty hunter 20-something years prior to ESB and cross paths with the young Boba Fett who he is going to compete against in the hunt for Han, etc. I don't mind some of this. Like Chewbacca by himself or Bossk by himself is not that bad. But to just cram as many OT characters into TCW, even when the story does not demand it, is just too much. And IF IG-88 does show up, I'd hate to see him have ANYTHING to do with Bossk or Boba. The briefing on the Executor does not need to be a Bounty Hunter reunion.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    agreed- no IG-88 and if he is in not with those guys and definite no to Zuckuss- and i prefer no Dengar either- he was swoopracer and met Han Solo but it's better not to have him met Boba yet- besides we already have several IG-units i feel like we already saw IG-88 in some way- would be nice to see some other Gand than Zuckuss and some other ortolan than Max Rebo- but definite no to those two- Evazan would be fun- TCW could explain where his face was destroyed- but Obi-Wan shouldn't see him.....

7. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    But if they would start bringing in other characters besides the main trio this wouldn't be bad...

picture an IG-88 vs Kit Fisto and his clones episode or something along those lines.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    well yes along those lines but still i don't like idea of IG-88 during this era anyway i don't think he necessarily even exists yet.....

9. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I agree with this. After spending five months cleaning up, rewriting, sourcing, and expanding Zuckuss's article, I would prefer if no one at Lucasfilm touches him.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Five months for Zuckuss?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.