main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Honolulu City Lights Parade

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mac-nut, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Here's the info for this year's Honolulu City Lights Parade if you'd like to march with the star wars folks. Please let me know if you want to participate, so I can inform the 501st coordinator. Thanks.

Subject: Honolulu City Lights Parade

Attention Troops,

Formal non-canon trooping
    Public Workers Electric Light Parade
    Saturday, December 4, 2004

"The Mayor's Office of Culture and the Arts sponsors the Pacific Outpost of the 501st Legion. The 501st Legion is the premiere Star Wars fan costuming club, with each member making their own costume. Membership is currently over 2,000 individuals worldwide portraying characters of the Galactic Empire and its affiliates. The Legion is a not-for-profit club sanctioned by LucasFilm. the Hawaii chapter of the Legion is know as the Pacific Outpost."

3:00 pm meet at Straub Physical Therapy parking lot on King Street
    4:00 pm Shuttle via MOCA van to Staging Area at Aala park
    5:30 pm Parade line-up
    6:05 pm Parade begins
    6:32 pm Parade passes Honolulu Hale
    Parade ends

Ok, so the parade route we're walking is from Aala Park to Honolulu Hale about 3/4 of a mile. At the end of the parade we'll head over to our parking area and it'll be over. A comfort station will be available at Aala Park. We'll be changing in the Straub Physical Therapy building parking lot, so dress appropriately or be ready to change by your vehicle.

We'll have all available troops marching in the parade. We also need two people to carry the banner, one to carry the flag, and a couple of handlers to help us out on the route. Ruby Clemente has volunteered to be our shuttle driver. Jon Snyder is arranging for us to use the Straub parking lot. Chris Lovewell will be Vader. Please chime in with comments and roll.

TB-7432
    Operations Officer
    Pacific Outpost, 501st Legion
    www.pac501.com

2. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    Attention Troops,
    4th Annual West Oahu Holiday Electric Light Parade
    Saturday, December 11, 2004

We've been invited to the parade by State Senator Brian Kanno.

4:00 pm Meet by this time at the Kapolei Fairgrounds on Kealanani Ave and suit up
    4:30 pm Staging begins
    6:00 pm Parade begins
    Parade ends at Kaolei Regional Park, site of West Oahu Sunset on the Plains.
    Walk back to staging area, unsuit...

Ok, so the parade route is about one mile long and is expected to take 45 minutes. The parade route is U-shaped so we can walk across the park back to the starting point. We'll just need a few handlers to assist us. We'll have to suit up at the staging area, there are no restrooms in the area.

We'll have all available troops marching in the parade. We also need two people to carry the banner, one to carry the flag, and a couple of handlers to help us out on the route. Please chime in with comments and roll.

TB-7432
    Operations Officer
    www.pac501.com

3. Nanashi

Nanashi Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2001
    if i had a costume i'd do it, but jason works that day too so i'd have nobody to watch my lil stinker. i could probably find somebody if you need my help with anything. maybe i'll have to just come down and see the parade!

4. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    Subject: Toys for Tots event 12/19/2004

Attention Troops,

Christmas Concert Series at Honolulu Hale
    Sunday, December 19, 2004

The Star Wars Characters of the Pacific Outpost, 501st Legion Toys for Tots Collection Drive

5:00 pm Meet at Honolulu Hale
    6:00 pm Appearance officially begins
    8:00 pm Appearance officially ends

We are appearing as the entertainment for the evening. We will probably do our little introduction show followed by us greeting the public, we'll also have Star Wars Christmas music playing in the background. The Toys for Tots collection bin is next to Santa's sleigh. We may have one or more Marines present to assist with collection. A green room is available with refreshments.

Handlers and non-troops are requested to wear either all solid black, all solid white, or a combination of solid white and black clothes. Imperial Forces, Trooper Pinup, Got Armor, Got Troops, or Trooper Groupie shirts are recommended. Badges will be available for wear by handlers.

TB-7432
    Operations Officer
    www.pac501.com

5. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    Nanashi,

PM me. maybe we can work something out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.