main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Honour Thy Father (Anakin lives post-ROTJ - L/M, H/L) - Completed Nov. 4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Sep 3, 2012.

1. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Awww! She named the baby girl Ani! [face_love]

The scene with the stillborn boy almost made me cry, but the good news of Luke and Mara's engagement and the fact that Anakin is alive...WHEW!

Lovely but bittersweet chapter.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I had a c-section and they are terrifying (at least mine was) even without all the trauma Leia had gone through. I'm so glad Ani the baby is okay, and named after grandpa. So sweet! Loved L/M breaking the big news, too!!

3. Darth_Malevolent7

Darth_Malevolent7 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2007
    "I'm your grandpa." Ah man ... turn on the water works because that was quite a moment. [:D] The scene of the delivery of the first baby was so poignant and touching. In my humble opinion, you totally nailed that part. =D= Anakin has business to attend to. How is he going to do that and have his guardians with him? Luke has a wedding to help plan and Leia has the baby. Send Anakin with Chewie and the Rogues? LOL

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very bittersweet chapter, Bri. Well done!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Squee Bri, on the what and whys of the baby's name :) and Leia calling Anakin "Dad" like Luke does! :bighugs: :dancing: dancing:

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    So, this is THE LAST UPDATE! I want to thank you all for reading, and a special thanks to the beta of this fic JediMara77. There WAS going to be a ‘bonus’ NC-17 chapter, but I never got around to finishing it. Sorry.

This was my first fic that made it over the 50,000 word mark. Unfortunately, this is my last long fic for the foreseeable future. I’m moving to focus on original projects. Do not fret, I’ll still be around, doing the periotic vignette or short story.

Tag list PT1: Jedi_Lover Lady_Misty Hazel Tribaldancer JediMaster_Jen

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Tag list PT2: JainaSoloYJK Jedi_Liz CurtisZidaneZiraa Zer0 ginchy

Chapter Twenty

Mara felt something poking her arm, waking her from her dead slumber. She swatted the offending appendage without opening her eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

“Mara, wake up.” Mara recognized the voice, which belonged to Winter.

“Kriff off, Winter,” Mara moaned, feeling like a heard of banthas had run her over, backed up, then ran over her again. “I feel like nerf shavit and it’s entirely your fault.” She rolled over, thinking she was in her bed and ended up on the floor. She finally opened her eyes and found herself in the Solos’ living room. Last night was a hazy blur of alcohol, male strippers, and single credit chips. Mara somehow knew, probably through their bond, that Luke’s night had been very similar.

“Do you realize what day it is?” Winter asked. Mara starred up at her, silently cursing the Alderaanian for showing no signs of paying for last night.

“The day I make an honest man out of the most eligible bachelor in the galaxy?” It was half a snarky reply, half an actual guess. She was not sure of the current date. It felt like she had been asleep for a week.

With a grin, Winter nodded. She extended a hand to help Mara off the floor. “Come on, let’s get you in the sanisteam.”

After a long, hot sanisteam, Mara put on her undergarments and a robe. The warm, relaxing water soothed her mind and she went back out into the Solos’ living room, where Winter was bustling around, feeling much better. The white haired woman was still in last night’s clothes and was setting out make-up along with all sorts hair styling equipment, most of which Mara recognized from her time as Winter’s roommate.

Winter looked up at Mara. “Anakin and Leia have gone to get the dresses. I have to have a sanisteam as well.”

“Smells like a good idea,” Mara said with a smirk.

Winter rolled her eyes. “Just keep an ear out for Ani. She was asleep the last time I checked on her.” Winter made her way down the hall to the refresher, leaving Mara alone.

With a sigh, Mara plopped down on the couch. She couldn’t believe today was the day that she was going to marry Luke. She had never seen herself as a bride and had never even dreamed of finding love, but she couldn’t be happier or more excited. It had only been a month since he had proposed to her, but between healing with his family from their traumatic times and planning the wedding, they hadn’t seen much of each other so it had felt like a year.

Luke and Mara had wanted a short courtship; they had talked about it on the trip from Nirauan to Bilbringi, but after finding out that Leia and Han had lost one of their children they had considered revising that plan. Leia assured them that a wedding was needed, especially after the deceased child, Arei Solo, was given a funeral pyre and sent back to the universe. It was something happy to look forward to after the loss of her son.

Mara was pulled from her thoughts by the sound of a screaming baby. She quickly made her way to baby Ani’s room, which had been decked out in pastel pinks and white lace. To say that Ani was spoiled rotten by her parents, uncle, and most importantly, her grandfather, was an understatement.

Mara reached into the grand crib, lifted the crying child and swathed her in a blanket hanging off of the crib. Mara still felt awkward and, deep down, nervous about holding something so fragile, so she sat down in a gliding chair.

“There, there,” she attempted to soothe the howling baby. It seemed to be working as Ani’s cries slowly decreased in decibels. “Yeah, that’s right. Mommy and Grandpa will be back soon, then we all have to get dressed up for Auntie Mara’s and Uncle Luke’s wedding. You’re going to make the cutest flower girl in the entire galaxy.”

“You seem to be a natural at that,” a voice came from the door. Mara looked up to see Anakin.

“Thanks, but can you take her?” she asked.

“You don’t agree with me?” Anakin scooped the child up from Mara and began to gently bounce Ani, calming her quickly. “I never thought I would be a grandfather, yet here I am. I think one day you will be an amazing mother.”

“Maybe one day I will agree with you,” she said, getting up out of the gliding chair. “But right now, I have to focus on becoming a wife.”

“Han, I think I’m going to vomit,” Luke said, wearing a tuxedo, pacing the small groom’s room as the guest were being seated in Caamasi Memorial Park for his and Mara’s small wedding. There were only going to be about one hundred guests, but the entire thing was going to be broadcast on the holo. Security was extremely tight.

“You’re going to be fine, kid,” Han said, slapping Luke on the back. “You didn’t drink nearly as much as I did the night before my wedding.”

“That’s reassuring,” Luke mumbled.

“Seriously, Luke, you have nothing to worry about, so stop sweating like a female miolarki in heat. You were describing that Force bond thingy last night before the third round of ales. It sounded amazing. I think that was the Force’s way of… forcing you two together. You and Mara were made for each other.”

“Thanks, Han.”

The door opened and Anakin walked in wearing blue and black Jedi robes. In his arms, wearing a pink and white lace flower girl dress and matching bow on her head, was Ani, who was sound asleep. Anakin carried her basket of flower petals and two rings.

“We are ready for you,” Anakin announced.

Luke let out a deep breath, and followed his father.

Luke watched patiently at the altar as the wedding party proceeded down the aisle. First came the ring bearer, his father, carrying the rings on a white tofta pillow and the month old flower girl, Ani, now wide awake in her grandfather’s arms, watching the silver sycamin tree leaves dance calmly in the breeze. Next was the bridesmaid, Winter, wearing a simple sage green dress, on the arm of Luke’s groomsman, Tycho. Leia and Han were the last of the wedding party as the Matron of Honour and Best Man.

Finally the music changed and walking down the stone path came Mara, the sun on her back, making her flowing hair look like fire under her veil. Luke loved that she had her hair down. Her dress was simple, yet elegant. It was strapless, had beading in a wide band just under her breasts and the rest of the dress flowed naturally to her feet.

Luke was smiling from ear to ear once she got to him. They joined hands and knew that this was meant to be.

“Are you… mmm… sure we… yeah, there… have to go to… oh yes, Luke… this thing?” Mara asked as he straddled her in their hover-limo. He was attacking her lips, neck, and ear with his lips and tongue.

He pulled away from her. “It is our wedding reception. They are kinda expecting us.” He went back to nibbling behind her ear.

“I don’t think you want to go either.” Her hands roamed his back and down to his butt.

“I don’t,” he replied. “But Leia may kill us if we don’t make an appearance.”

“There’s that,” Mara agreed as she gently pushed Luke off of her and straightened herself out.

Within a few minutes the hover-limo pulled in behind the hall where their wedding reception was being held. Luke waited until the driver, a well-dressed Bothan, opened the door for them. At that point Luke got out, helped Mara out, then scooped her up into his arms.

She shrieked from the initial surprise.

Luke chuckled and she felt the vibrations on her side. “You should get used to me grabbing you, Mrs. Jade Skywalker. You’re mine now.”

“No,” she responded, putting her arms around his neck. “I found you, Mr. Skywalker, therefore, you are mine.”

He rolled his eyes. He carried her into the grand hall where their friends and family were waiting. They all cheered as soon as Luke and Mara entered.

Wedge Antilles, who had offered to act as DJ for the couple’s reception, announced over the speaker system, “It is my honour to present to you Mr. and Mrs. Mara Jade!”

The crowd laughed along with Mara. Luke glared at Wedge and shouted, “Wedge, if you hurt my manhood like that again, I’ll cut off your manhood.”

“Oops, sorry. My mistake,” Wedge said quickly. “Let’s start over. Luke, carry your beloved back out then come in again,” he ordered his former commanding officer.

Luke rolled his eyes, but did as he was told, going back out the door, getting plenty of stares from the plethora of security guards, turning around, then entering the reception hall.

Wedge’s voice came through the sound system again. “Let’s try this once more.” He cleared his throat and started again in a low, loud voice. “It is my honour to present to you Mr. and Mrs. Luke Skywalker.”

The crowd went wild and stayed that way for the majority of the evening.

The Skywalkers’ reception had calmed down. Dinner had been delicious and full of speeches from both sober and drunk friends. Most of their guest had been shuttled home, completely wasted, by Chewbacca. A few couples – Han and Leia along with the newly engaged Winter and Tycho – were still on the dance floor, swaying to the calming music being played by the Bith band. Luke and Mara were among them. Luke held Mara close, his arms around her lower back, her arms around his neck. Her head was against his chest and he was leaning his chin on her hair. Both were enjoying the moment and their happiness after years of hardships.

Luke glanced towards the tables where his father sat holding baby Ani. Both were sound asleep.

“Hey,” Luke said after a while. “Are you ready to go home?”

She pulled away and smiled up at him. “I’d thought you’d never ask.”

Epilogue – Seven Years Later

“Hawk-bat. Hawk-bat. Hawk-bat,” seven-year-old Ani sung as she ran around a circle composed of her siblings, cousins, and grandfather. She patted each one on the head. Her brown hair was back in a ponytail and she was wearing a blue skirt and brown blouse that matched her chocolate eyes and feminine personality. When Ani got to her grandfather, she patted him on the head, but she yelled, “Mynock!”

Mara laughed as she watched her father-in-law scramble to his feet and race Ani around the circle. In the end, Ani won the race and Anakin was left ‘it’. He now walked around six of his grandchildren, patting each one on the head.

Anakin’s seventh and youngest grandchild was in Mara’s arms. Ben was two weeks old and contently breastfeeding under a nursing poncho. Mara was on a blanket under a tree in the Skywalker-Solo vacation home’s yard on Naboo, watching the children and Anakin play. She then heard arguing on the patio behind her.

“Luke, you are burning the patties, let me do it,” Han ordered.

“Han, I know what I’m doing,” Luke countered.

“No, you don’t,” Mara said from her spot. “Help your sister since she won’t let me help.”

Leia exited the vacation home with two salads in hand. “I don’t need help. Not from a woman who spent three days in labor two weeks ago and not from a cuisine-challenged farm kid.”

Luke scowled and Mara laughed. “Come here, Farmboy. I need your help. Your son will need to be burped once he fills his bottomless pit.”

Luke smiled and made his way to his wife and youngest child. He sat down, put his arm around Mara and peered into the neck of the poncho. “Hello little man,” he cooed. “Are you enjoying your lunch?”

“Yeah, he is. He’s like Kin all over again.”

Luke looked. “Then we are going to have our hands full for the next year.”

“I say we are going to have our hands full for a lot longer than that.” Mara nodded towards the kids who had stopped their game of hawk-bat, hawk-bat, mynock and were now attacking Anakin. Kin, Mara and Luke’s oldest son at age five, was leading the attack. His bright red hair stood out against the browns of his cousins and the blond of his little sister.

Luke shook his head. “Those kids are going to be the death of him.” Anakin was on the ground, letting his grandchildren tickle him senseless.

“He wouldn’t have it any other way.” Ben decided that he was finished with his meal so Mara passed him to his father and fixed her clothing.

A few minutes later they heard Leia yell, “Come on you guys. Lunch is ready.”

There were shouts of delight. The three oldest kids – Ani, Kin, and Leia and Han’s six-year-old, Han Junior – began running towards the patio table. The four-year-old identical Solo twins Breha and Beru toddled behind them, trying their best to keep up. Anakin came last, holding the two-year-old hand belonging to Ben’s older sister, Méya. When they reach Luke and Mara, Anakin kissed the top of Ben’s head.

Luke and Mara settled Ben in his carrier and sat down at the table. It was complete chaos, yet everyone was happy.

Gemma, Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That is one buttload of kids. :D Anakin must be very happy.

Great job with this fic, Bri!

JainaSoloYJK and Jade_eyes like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Squggles! Splentabulous wrap Briann! =D=
    This makes it a complete and unbroken series of: fics of yours I love to bits and which become my personal canon =D=

You make it look so easy! [face_dancing] @};-

[:D]

[face_love]

10. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    So sweet! [face_love]

I played the Earth version of that game as a child. I just wonder what they call the 'pickel jar' or that's what we called it.

Kind of sad to see you won't be doing any long ones. But then my only long fics are 'Dark Angel' and 'The Chosen One'.

11. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    YAY! Anakin got his redheaded grandbabies! And my, my, Leia and Han with three kids? Or was it four? I couldn't keep track....OK, four Solo kids and three Skycrawlers. Awesome!!!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I like happy endings. Thanks for not killing everybody like the profic authors do. Well done!

Jade_eyes and Lady_Misty like this.
  13. Darth_Malevolent7

Darth_Malevolent7 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2007
    Happy ending - Yeah. =D= I loved Anakin holding little Ani in the wedding procession and he gets his red headed grandbabies. It appears from the number of grandchildren, he also learned a new skill of how to change diapers. Goodness, is the Skywalker tribe trying to repopulate the galaxy by themselves? Thank you for the story. :) I look forward to more in the future. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    nice ending

15. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Lots of gorgeous grandbabies! Mr. and Mrs. Mara Jade!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Awwww, yay!! I love that Anakin got his redheaded grandbabies plus more! And that he's had a happy life with his children. Great job pulling everything together. Very sweet!! [face_love]

17. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great ending

18. AVETTANN20

AVETTANN20 Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2004
    Well done. I think Luke is in character. Look forward to reading more.

19. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    WOW --- this was great -- just found this tonight. I loved your progression of Luke/Mara relationship. And all of the grand - babies that was nice. The only thing missing was L/M's wedding night scene.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  20. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Really Really nice!!! I think you did a LOVELY job of re-writing history, so to speak [face_love] I loved Anakin's personality, how it came back :) And Luke's instant forgiveness (which is not surprising!) and Leia's hesitance (also not surprising)

Well done!!=D=

[face_good_luck] Irish

21. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
  22. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    Is there a way I can get this story sent to me so I don't have to keep hunting it down? LOL

23. lys_chan_83

lys_chan_83 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2022
    Hi.
    I've just found your fic today and devoured it in a few hours.

I loved it. Your writing style, the way you developed the characters and their dynamics and arcs, really good. It was a very enjoyable experience.

Interesting reading about the Eye of Palpatine with a Luke already in love with Mara. —Makes one think how any plot of those long ****ing TEN years could have gone if they were already together... Sigh— Thanks for that.

Actually I liked the idea of Anakin here too. —Yeah, it also makes one think how the EU could have been with the Skywalker's dad there to help...

I enjoyed the big brood of Skywalker-Solo children, a big descendance for such a family name, instead of cursing it to near extinction like the EU.

I really, really, really loved that.

It was a beautiful reading, and I'm more glad that you can imagine that it's finished. Joining the SW party so late means that I found a lot of great stories either lost or than were never finished — that painful note of *last update. Twelve years ago.*