main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HOOKING UP!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jonboy, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Husion

Husion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2010
    Hello, I'm new here.

2. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Nice to meet all of you. I am trying to get my FanForce (not MINE, but the one I am in) to gather for the Celebration. We are Nashville, Tennessee, USA. I have not bought my tix yet, waiting for Tax money to return for it. I am a Fan Club member. You guys will have to enlighten me on the get togethers we have after each night so I do not miss them. We have a very small FF, like 7 people and I would like to be CR.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Seriously, at CIV most of the parties/get togethers could just be found by going to fanforce table. We made a bunch of silly signs saying "come to the Fig tonight" etc etc.

4. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    So the FanForces have tables. Cool. I have never been to a SW event before. I want to meet Carrie Fisher and then I can die happy. She is one of my heroes. We both have Bipolar.

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    No there's just one theforce.net/FanForce table at this one. In the past, Pacific Region ran its own (don't know why in Indy, but when it was in Los Angeles, it made sense :p ), but this year, we're just going to have one awesome table.

6. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Thanks. :) I am part of the Southeast FanForce since I am in Nashville, so Orlando is perfect. :D A 10 hour drive, but hey, at least we are driving if we can go!

7. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I just had to add my two cents worth here...lol.

I wanted to comment on the fanforce table at the last Celebrations. It was FANTASTIC! It was soooo great to meet friends that I regularly converse here on TFN. We chatted for a loooong time and it was soooo much fun. Also, it was set in an excellent place, right near the vendor and autograph halls. It was great being able to go back and forth visiting. While I was in the autograph hall I met some great fanforcers and we chatted it up as though we were best friends.

It was an outta this world experience. I can't stop talking about how great it was...sorry...lol.

I want to thank everyone here for being soooo kind to me and my family. You guys are truely great long-life friends!

(This is also shout out to one of my BFF'S JediJustin and Di...Love ya guys)!

Huggles!

8. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    How YOU doin'? lol, j/k

That's cool about the table, should be nifty.

9. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Im pretty new here, but it would be awesome to meet everyone. I have never been to Celebration. Star Wars: In Concert was my first Star Wars event, and I had a blast. I hope Celebration is as fun as that was.

10. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Can I ban people from the table?

11. Yodasbadgirl1

Yodasbadgirl1 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2009
    Hey Jaden maybe you and your FF could agree to wear something to identify each other, kinda like a blind date. It's an idea that all:) Have fun everyone thats going:D

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I banned people last time for just dumping their stuff and never actually being there. [face_frustrated]

13. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    [face_thinking]
    Maybe something that says Nashville FF like a shirt.
    Actually, I am dressing as Mara if I lose weight. Maybe we can wear collars like puppies. LOL...just kidding. Name tags with our usernames and FF? IDK...there are just 7 of us and we pretty much know each other. We just need to find the other FFs. [face_dancing]

14. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    OK here is the deal,

I am not part of any "Fan-Force" or what not but I do live very close to the Orlando Florida area. (Melbourne FL to be exact, 40 miles east.)

It would be cool to hook up with this. Many of you could say "I just met a Sarcasm Knight! I thought he would be horrible but turned out to be a pretty cool dude!"

Yeah, me and my kind have that reputation. Over the years we were like the "Howard Stern" show of these boards. No hard feelings. In the past 5 years we lost some friends. Sad.

Think about it. I WAS THERE when "A NEW HOPE" opened in Titusville FL. 1977. Now that theater is boarded up and abandoned. [face_plain]

PM me, Ill see ya there, might even buy you a drink!

15. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Jack, I haven't been a member of any Fan Force for nearly 8 years, yet I was in the middle of all the fun last time around and am helping to organise it all this time. None of this is exclusive to Fan Force members, and this year we're making it especially known that anything we're doing is a joint Fan Force/JC/TFN thing.

16. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Haha, the FF I am in is 7 peeps strong, and my main hang out is the CCC. So I am everywhere. The Comms (Icon Maker), Fan Fic, Art, etc. So I have met many people outside the FF, not physically. Mostly in Australia. [face_thinking] LOL!

17. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Conversely, I was in Fan Force at the time and missed out on all the apparent fun.

18. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Our FF is located in Bloomington,Indiana. There will be 5 of us Flying/Driving down for the hole time.
    I hope to get a shirt and have my name ,echo-3 Put on the back.

19. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Not to sound dim...I have never been to a SW event. But do the do this? Because having my username on a shirt would be very cool. I wish tf.net did it. [face_idea] [face_money_eyes] I said it first, everyone! [face_laugh] You (echo-3) get half credit. :D

Okay, run with it.

20. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    Pretty much all my shirts I have are SW t-shirts and all of them say..."Jedi Mom" or "Sith Mom" on them...That said if you see that on the back of a shirt..."IT's ME!"

21. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    "Love SW enough to go to a convention..." What about having every license plate w/ a SW title, a SW themed bathroom, dressing up in SW costumes, going to conventions, and naming her son..."Anakin Vader...!"
    Does that qualify for the "Perfect Woman"????
    ha ha ha....lol! !

22. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Um yesssssss

23. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    LOL, my husband and I want to name our first son Anakin. We have been married for over 7 years and he is the one who got me into SW.

24. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Jaden: I am working on getting a theater in our area (Middle TN) to screen The Empire Strikes Back on its 30th Anniversary. I thought your FF would be interested. Send me a private message with your email and Ill give you the details (I am unable to send private messages due to not reaching the post limit yet). Anyone and everyone is welcome! Just let me know if you want more details.

25. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I never want kids, but if I had a girl I would name it Chewbacca. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.