main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HOOKING UP!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jonboy, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    OMG...Chewbacca...how mean. However, my male mastiff's name is "Chewy" he's 170lbs.
    My 3rd daughter's middle name is "Amidala". Couldn't have her first name Amidala, cuz well brother and sister named..."Anakin and Amidala" just wouldn't be right...lol We'd be back to the conflict between Luke and Leia's assumed relationship...ha ha ha

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000

.... For your daughter's sake, I hope you don't reproduce. Especially since you just referred to the potential child as "it."

3. jedimomtosith

Dec 27, 2009
    This will be my 1st SW only convention. I would love to get to meet all of you. The FF table sounds great to get all the info on events and parties.
    Everyones been really nice and helpful since I've been on this site. SO, thanks!!!

4. jedimomtosith

Dec 27, 2009
    You caught that too.....

5. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I caught the *girl* named Chewbacca part. LOL!

6. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    hahaha, yeah well I would never have kids anyway, NOT interested. But I wonder what would happen if I told a girl, "Ok, fine, I'll make a deal -- we can have a kid if you promise that if it's a girl it's named Chewbacca and if it's a boy we call it Greedo." I wonder if she'd say yes or not ;)

If you had a girl named Chewbacca it would ALMOST be worth the incredible inconvenience and annoyance of raising a kid because at least you'd be like, "Oh man I can't wait for her first day at kindergarten where everyone is like wow your name is seriously Chewy?!" That part would probably be worth it. Especially if the girl ended up being hot in high school and the guys are like, "Oh man, I want to date Chewbacca, she's so hot!" and his friends are like, "Come on dude, sure, she's hot, but her name is CHEWBACCA, you'll never live that down!" lol

7. Robonino

Robonino Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009
    Would love to meet up, I'll look for the table and say hello.

8. RandallFett78

RandallFett78 Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2010
    Hey I was on the boards back when the prequels were first coming out under a name I've forgotten. I was looking to meet some people who are going, I live in Orlando and I'm thinking about spending the weekend down on I-Drive and some parties would be a great idea.

I think I might go alone out there and just do my own thing, have fun and meet some new friends, mine aren't that into Star Wars.

9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    If you come by the FF/JC table I'm sure you'll meet a lot of fun people.

10. RandallFett78

RandallFett78 Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2010
    I'll do that, thanks!

11. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Why in Indy for C3? Why not? It was to show how vastly cool the Pacific Region was, that we could have a table of our own smackdab in the middle of the Midwest Region. Besides, having a San Diego club booth would have required a bit more staffing than we could afford.

12. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Wait....

Tennessee is considered part of Southeast Region? It's like...barely considered the South at all. I'd put it more in a Midwest kind of classification. Kentucky even more so, if people consider it part of the South.[face_plain]

Also, if I ever have kids (who knows what'll happen, right?) then I'm going to name them something conventional that won't get them ridiculed by their peers....like Gandalf.:p Seriously though it's probably be something boring like Diana or Jeff. Maybe I'd be fancy and name them Wilfred. At least it's a name used by real people, even if it is out of date. If you have to name your kid after a Star Wars character, name them Ben, Luke, or even Jacen, Jaina, etc. I'd even say that Gregor (Typho's first name) or even Tycho is alright. Gavin is fine as well. Jacen is pushing it, but at least it's only an unconventional spelling and it sounds the same as Jason.

13. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    You know, i always wanted to go to the SW celebration. I checked out the possibilities this year as well. But i have to travel so far since i live in europe, and i just cant afford this, its so frustrating. I`v heard of a Europe celebration, i was wondering if anyone knew when or if there is another europe celebration coming any time soon??

14. Abhib

Abhib Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2010
    I can't wait to go to my very first SW convention of any kind

15. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    Definitely up for meeting enthusiastic people and chillin, I'll try to swing by the table but feel free to send a PM and whatnot.

I'm especially up for meeting people who LOVE to dance cos I'm planning to shake my thang at the Fanmixer Friday night.

I'm also a local (live on the east side of Orlando) so if you want tips/tricks/insider info - like how to have an awesome Disney experience without paying a cent, hit me up. :D

16. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    It's a deal!! I mean, c'mon!! The girl's nick name would be Chewie!! :) How cute would that be!

Of course...it's obvious that I'm not having kids... I mean, I even named my characters (twins) Jinsei and Shi for a StarWars writing sim that I'm with. (That would be 'life' and 'death' in Japanese, btw.) :p

17. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm definitely looking forward to meeting other SW fans at CV. I've already met a lot of great people from the New Hampshire FF who were nice enough to let me stay with them in Orlando.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.