main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 3.0 ~ Now with 200% more visiting Irishmen!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Thok, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. picciami

picciami Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    RJ? Would you like me to help you with my one working hand? I've been cleaning the house like crazy this past week, but it's only 'cause we have festival tomorrow and I have one of two shoes.....I must have both or I'd look pretty funny walking on stage like that.

2. Vegas_Sith

Vegas_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2003
    We have a new Mod! :eek:

We went to the fesitval yesterday, and it was pretty cool. The woodwind clinic was boring as all get out, the brass clinic was a little better, our clinic with the judge was really nice. I got lost by myself in the huge school we went to, that wasn't fun. At the end last night, Butler U's symphonic band closed for everyone. That's a really good band, you know? They played a John Williams piece and one of our french horn players asked me out during it, which is like, the ultimate romantic moment for SW fan/Band Geek, you know? (I turned him down, but it's all good...)

And as for trumpets, they have completely ruined my entire section's self esteem, not to mention they are SO overrated. Therefore I blame most of my problems in band or otherwise on them. However I've heard that trumpet players are great kissers. ;)

Oh yeah and I was just made FFA treasurer!

3. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Congratulations.

Embezzle as much money as you can and I'll see you in Fiji in about 3 months. :)

4. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    That reminds me of when I went to a drama convention. The group was figuring out what workshop to go to and I told someone that I was going to the ladies room, which was right around the corner. When I got back, everyone had left without me. That didn't do much for my already low self-esteem, if you know what I mean.

After sitting in a strange place for an hour by myself, I found them coming out of a workshop I really wanted to go to. They redeemed themselves later that day. They didn't know I had left the group, and nobody did a head count.

I did have a fun time watching 'The Fantastix' that night, though. :D

I found some clothes I wore durring my first pregnancy, and discovered that I'm bigger this time round. Some of the pants are tight on me, uncomfortably so. And the blasted drinking fountain here doesn't work again! I so need water, and I have to wait for an hour for break to go to Arby's (it's just on the other side of a hotel from where I am) to get a cup of water! GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

5. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Congrats NaboosPrincess on becoming the new mod of the RP forum.

In honor of you becoming the new mod, I propose we blow up Jello's throne once again.

Wires Jello's throne with high explosives.

6. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Ooh I like your idea. [face_devil]

Wait....so we've blown it up before? I must have missed that.

7. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Just let the pregnant ones get out of range of the explosion before you blow it. :D

The water here works again. I'm glad, because it's a bit scary walking alone that short distance to Arby's just for a cup of water, even though I can put lemon in it.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Rampani: [face_plain] If you do that, you would be wise not to drink what the bar serves you.

NP: ...

You're my e-wife! You're not supposed to like blowing up my stuff. :p

9. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    You are blowing this place up without me? I am hurt. :(

10. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    Well, considering the frequency in which things blow up around here, I'm sure you'll see plenty of things blow up in the future. ;)

Besides; Blowing up Jello = Bad Idea. He's got Stormtroopers, and stuff. The latter being the more dangerous of the two, since Stormtroopers are about as proficiant as 5 O'clock Charlie. 8-}

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    As some of you may know, I have been working on creating a WWII RPG for all of us to play in. It is almost done and should be posted some time this year. But I have one little problem, I am mostly knowledge in the land war and may need help in Game Mastering the sea and air war.

The only requirements I have for the positions are the following:

You have to have some knowledge in WWII, mainly its technology and people.
    You have to have Game Mastering experiance of at least one successful rpg.
    You have to be an experianced RPF RPer of at least a year.
    You have to be committed in taking responsibility of updating your players at least every two to three days. See IBoP for an example of such a commitment I am looking for.

Future faction-GM positions may be made available if I feel that there is a need for them. I am hoping to make this game just as successful as IBoP is.

12. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Can I be a funny ol duddy of an SS officer named "Otto" who despite his farcical name is still devilishly good at what he does ala Lavos?

Oh, and Rampani, don't worry about Jello's limp threats. He has no power here...or anywhere else for that matter. ;)

13. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    Hmph. You're one to talk. :p

And if there's blowing up to be done, I want to be involved!

14. Jediloren

Jediloren Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    I've got a match. Where is the fuse?

15. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Spring break just started for me today, and I'm completely and utterly miserable due to a multitude of misfortune and an improbable amount of bad luck on my part.

16. Vegas_Sith

Vegas_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2003
    Ooh I could SO do the air part if I had just registered about three months earlier!

17. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    I know some stuff on WWII, but lack GM experience. If you ever need help with any info, PM me.

18. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Mitth: I might be of assistance, if you would have me. I do know a bit about WWII, particularly the naval aspect (I've been playing in a WWII-themed RPG for a while outside of TFN, and am the naval combat coordinator for that game) but I could get up to speed on the air aspect without too much trouble. I've GM'ed two RPGs, as well as been a faction GM for IBOP for three weeks before passing the job on to another, and been at the RPF for a little over two and a half years.

19. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Jediloren, :D LOL :D

I think I will point out that the thing to be blown up is the throne, not Jello himself. :D

So, RJ, no baby yet? I bet you're ready for the parisite to be out of you, huh? And I'm not trying to be mean with calling the baby a parisite. They are. Parisites live inside other beings and sap the things from the host that they need to survive. Baby's, before they're born, are attached to the mother and take whatever they need from the mother's body. ;)

Of course, after they're born, they don't change much. :D Especially if you feed the natural way, if you know what I mean.

20. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    No worries here PoT. His throne is going to go. Besides, it's such a dust magnet that I have to clean.

Blows up throne.

It's so satisfying to blow something up after a long day of work.

Continues to mop.

21. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    You DID blow something up without me... :(
    And that wasn't nice to blow up the throne either. Its the only thing that survived the last 2 explosions here.

22. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    Mitth old buddy, old pal. 1 know sum things bout the air power of WWII, but not 2 much bout teh C stuff yoyo. later dawgs, holla at yo momma foo!1

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    [face_plain]

You do realize that the throne has been there since the first B&G?

24. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    *directs Ewoks to bring in new throne*
    Here you go, GAJ. I know it's not the same, but at least it's a throne. And it is a bit cleaner.

Marna, I know what you mean; I've refered to it as a parasite for several months now (but mostly when I'm annoyed). I've been having contractions too strong to sleep through for 40 hours or so now, but not close together or really strong, and no baby yet. So, I'm just hoping it will be over soon...

25. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I vote we have a wake for the throne. I am afterall still in my mourning toga. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.