main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 5.0! "We've got more Insanity than Ysanne Isard has Cleavage

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Thok, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    See? Now thats the way to solve a conflict! With drinks! My apologies, Pen, for my words of insult.

Oh, and I didn't just ask for bartender. Janitor or Chef would be just fine for me.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Then I am the one to blame.

Year one is coming to an end! Noob no more!

*drinks soda*

3. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Soda? Oy vey, thee must learn of the greatest brew ever created. Be right back...

THOK! We must introduce the lad to a Death Keg!

4. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    BEHOLD!

*rolls out a death keg*

This is the most powerful drink known to man. I myself am the only person in existence to be able to withstand its mighty power. Fear it with your life, for when you're sleeping, i feed it to my enemies!

*drinks*

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Technically, this thread is my property and owned by Wall8 and is managed by Thok. Check out the pedigree by going back to the original one! :p

Thok: Did you say your key is a stripsall key? o_O

HEY! I already have a position.

6. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Jello, wall8 is the only wall left of the old building, and its not even a loadbaring wall. The original bar was blown up between 3.0 and 4.0, so the property is all mine now, i just pay royalties on the name :p

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Your pay those royalties because Wall8 is the proprietor and you are the tenant. :p

8. RogueTech

RogueTech Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2003
    *Wanders in*

Hey there, Thok. How's things going?

Jello, it's been a while.

EDIT: Just realized I'm in my socks. It's SECRETSISTER, guys.

EDIT II: Well, I guess no one is here either. Maybe later...or earlier.

Nytol.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I was gonna say... who are you?

But of course I remember you, Sis!

And no, don't go away, I'm still here. :p

10. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    *buys wall8 out, completely owns the bar*

I even have the paper work to prove it :)

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Easter's a-coming. I'm taking down that rabbit.

*cocks shotgun*

12. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Why would you kill the Easter Bunny? [face_plain]

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Man I hope no body hands me a bunny suit, because as village idiot, I'd almost be obligated to ...

*smacks head*

nevermind

I didn't say a thing

14. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    *holds out a bunny suit for DI*

Put it on. [face_plain]

15. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    So Doc Thok, do I get to be the janitor?

16. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Hey SecretSister! How ya been?

Edit

Do you really want to be the janitor? We do have droids for that :p

17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    The Easter Bunny represents the commercialization of religion. No longer is it about the death and subsequent rise of Christ - No, Easter is now about good food and chocolate eggs. No longer is it Easter!

This is the same about Christmas - a holiday, representing what we believe is the birth of Christ. But, no, that's lost. We give gifts, but no longer know why. The name is Christian, blatantly so! Christmas - Christ Mass. A celebration of religious significance, not of buying stff for others.

Another thing that bothers me - why do atheists celebrate Christmas? Easter? If they don't believe, and don't go to church, why celebrate? Oh yes, that's why - chocolate! As good as it is, that is not what this holiday is about - holidays are holy days, not just a day off.

It's not the fact that this is happening that bothers me - it is the fact that no one cares, and no one knows. I'm not a religious nut - I believe because it comforts me to know that there is something greater out there. But when people, claiming to celebrate "Easter", don't respect any history, and merely make egotistical pigs of themselves, then I get angry.

Of course, if yo don't celebrate Easter, do not claim or pretend to, and just like the chocolate, then I'm cool with that.

But watch out if you go around saying "Easter's here! Yay!" and then wolf down chocolate all day without any thought to what the day is, boy, watch yourself.

[/rant]

18. dontlookatmethatway

dontlookatmethatway Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    You seem to be unaware of the pagan origins of Christmas. The Christians decided to put their celebration on the same day as the pagan festival to make it easier to convert. If Christmas had its roots in the Saturnalia, why can't X-mas have its roots in Christmas? And, with this fact in the light, what gives people like you the moral high ground to bash the atheists who celebrate Christmas. And what is so bad about commercialization? Does even the commercial celebration of Christmas have good values like generosity at its core? Easter also has pagan origins in its traditions and so my point with Christmas is relevant here.

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I don't wanna wear the bunny suit

*reads fine print in his duties as village idiot*

*grumbles*

*puts on the bunny suit*
    (by the way, I'm picturing the one from "A Christmas Story")

As to the Easter debate ... I'm not a big fan of the Easter Bunny, and jokingly I claim that I'm going to tell my kids the "Ghost of Jesus Past" brought them chocolate on Easter, but it really doesn't bother me. My point of view is that if something as simple as a giant bunny causes harm to your core religion values, you probably could work on refining your core religion values.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some shotguns to avoid

20. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    FYI, the letter "X" in roman times symbolized christianity

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    "People like you the moral high ground"?

I'm not saying that I'm better or nicer or wiser or smarter. I'm saying that I'm angry that people celebrate "Easter", while not actually celebrating it.

22. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Yeah...the pagans came first. [face_dancing]

23. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    X = Greek letter chi = Christos = Christ. In the 16th century using "Xianity" in place of "Christianity" was common, though it seems to have died out as of the 21st.

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I am going to go sleep.

Don't touch the drinks. I have a penguin with a gun watching them.

25. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    *loads up a shotgun with rock salt and cocks it*

Get to running little bunny... 8-}[face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.