main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 5.0! "We've got more Insanity than Ysanne Isard has Cleavage

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Thok, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    According to your make-believe scenario, I would have been able to vote when I was five. And, I don't see a problem with people voting according to party line or last name. Didn?t you see Swing Vote? No matter how Kevin Costner votes, you don?t find out who wins at the end of the movie.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Party's actually exist to help give people a general guideline for when they vote. When a US voter thinks Republican, he thinks of Republican positions, and Democrats conjure up Democratic positions (I won't go into these because the Republicans have left me very bitter over the last four years, and the Democrats haven't been winning many points. In other words: I'm biased)

That way when we vote for obscure local positions like "Undersecretary in charge of Nothing at all" we can garner a basic idea of where the candidates stand without having to actually look up and research these obscure people.

3. PTMurphy84

PTMurphy84 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2008
    Therin lies the problem. The more, um, simple voters vote along party lines regardless of how under-qualified their candidate is (this goes for Republican or Democrat), and even if they vote in the primaries before the general, they tend to vote based on the most trivial of things, like if they smoked pot or not, if they wear flag pins etc...

When I became of voting age, I made it my personal policy to vote for whomever I believe is the best candidate regardless of all other factors, period. If the Republicans had put up a good candidate four or eight years ago that was a REAL republican (not a neo-con Reganite like we're used to seeing today), that would have made my decision hard.

The results speak for themselves: In 8 years we've doubled the debt, prices on everything have skyrocketed, world opinion of the USA has pummetted, we've lost more soldiers for no good reason, and all because the poisonous malignant cancer on this process that is the blind party-line voters didn't look up and say "Hey, we're getting the bad end of the deal here, its time for a change in a hurry."

So yes, thats my long answer.
    I hold each and every person that voted for George W Bush personally accountable and responsible for the mess we're in over the course of 8 years, and its because of their skewed and uninformed view of the world that we need to really look hard at whos actually doing the voting and what their real cognitive abilities are, because I dont know about you guys, but I am hard-pressed to offer up mine and my friends and families futures to another bad non-leader because the ignorant masses didn't care enough to actually inform themselves and vote for the general party that theyre equally ignorant and maligned family has voted for since the 1800s.

*Takes a breath*

I think I depressed myself into drinking. Barkeep...?

4. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Inquisitor_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2008
    Too true, man, too true. Kerry pretty much killed any chance of Bush not being re-elected by being such a retard. His only selling point was that he wasn't Bush. That's it. Policy-wise, he had serious potential to be worse than the Shrub, because he had no kriffing policies.

His political ads basically ran like this: "Hi, I'm John Kerry. My opponent is a very bad person who likes to fondle young boys. I don't like to fondle young boys and am, thusly, the better choice."

He basically spent all his time trashing Bush's policies and agendas, and never developed his own. I seriously believe that the Kerry administration would have been just as bad as the second Bush admin, if only because John Kerry had no clue how to run the government in peace-time, much less while we're in Iraq.

Because of all that, I don't hold people who voted for Bush in contempt. I hold people who voted either Democrat, Republican, or Green ('cause let's face it, the Greens are a bunch of morons too) in contempt. They all deserve to be slapped, in my opinion.

5. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Oh myz

Politics in the House that Hooper built...

Say it is not so!

Lots of contempt goin' on too....

So angry... :p

-I_H

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Okay, then, new topic:

Monkeys: Adorable or scourge of mankind? Discuss.

7. PTMurphy84

Aug 12, 2008
    Its ok, my earlier irked state has been cured by the Cubs, who won yet again, which makes them the first to 80 in the league I believe? Didnt the Red Sox get to 80 first then go on to win the pennant last year?

So in celebration, we are all gonna sing a little tune...

Baseball season?s underway
    Well you better get ready for a brand new day
    Hey, Chicago, what do you say
    The Cubs are gonna win today.

They?re singing ?
    Go, Cubs, go
    Go, Cubs, go
    The Cubs are gonna win today
    Go, Cubs, go
    Go, Cubs, go

They got the power, they got the speed
    To be the best in the National League
    Well this is the year and the Cubs are real
    So come on down to Wrigley Field.

We?re singing now ?
    Go, Cubs, go
    Go, Cubs, go
    Go, Cubs, go
    Go, Cubs, go

Baseball time is here again
    You can catch it all on WGN
    So stamp your feet and clap your hands
    Chicago Cubs got the greatest fans.

You?re singing now ?
    Go, Cubs, go
    Go, Cubs, go
    Go, Cubs, go
    Go, Cubs, go

Plus we had an actual Chicago-area native singing at the seventh inning stretch: John Cusack, oh and his nephew.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I didn't say anything possibly jinx worthy. Nope, not a thing.

*Knocks on wood*

9. PTMurphy84

Aug 12, 2008
    Dude, find something wooden and knock until your knuckles go red! Thats a good way to get Fukadome on the injured list among other things that can happen during a jinx!

10. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    *slumped on a bar stool, with his head on top of the bar, and a half-finished can of Mountain Dew in one limp hand* Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

11. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Inquisitor_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2008
    Scourge of mankind. You had to ask? Everyone knows monkeys are in league with the Zombie people of planet Necro IV.

12. PTMurphy84

Aug 12, 2008
    *goes over to Sarge, lightly sprays some shaving cream that he has stashed behind the bar into Sarge's hand, then tickles sarge's nose with the nearest feather-like object he can find*

13. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    *raises his head at that, enough so that he uses the edge of his Mountain Dew can to scratch at his nose before taking a sip and then just planting his head back on the bar top* Zzzzzzz....

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    SHH! If you blow the cover, we'll never catch the Zombie sympathizers!

15. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Not that I know the first thing about baseball outside "Field of Dreams", but aren't the Cubs the team that, y'know, hasn't won a World Series since about 1900 or so?

16. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    If you build it, he will come.

17. PTMurphy84

Aug 12, 2008
    Sorry, that pertains to a famous player for the South-siders, not the Cubs..

18. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Weeeelll, technically it actually relates to John Kinsella -- Ray Kinsella's father, who I don't think played in the majors at all. By the end of the movie you realise "he" is Ray's father, not Shoeless Joe Jackson.

19. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Ty Cobb wanted to play. But we couldn't stand the son of a ***** when he was alive, so we told him to stick it! *laughs*

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    I was the East Coast distributor of 'involved'. I ate it, drank it, and breathed it. Then they killed Martin, Bobby, and they elected Tricky Dick twice, and people like you must think I'm miserable because I'm not involved anymore. Well, I've got news for you. I spent all my misery years ago. I have no more pain for anything. I gave at the office.

21. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    You're a pacifist!

22. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Oh my God. You're from the sixties!

23. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    It's Saintheart! With the shapes he can throw!

24. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    *plays some Castle Crashers*

25. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Frankly, I have no idea what's going on in here anymore. And that's exciting.

Perhaps I never did? Continue on.

**drinks contentedly in the corner booth**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.