main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 6.0 " Your liver can?t repel alcoholic drinks of that magnitude!"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    To explain my absence:

The play I've directed Off-Off Broadway, a production of this, is heading into its third sold-out performance in a row tomorrow.

SQUEEEE!

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Nice!! :D

And welcome back, Gunny, how's it going? :D

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I never heard of that play, but it surely sounds like a damned funny idea. Congrats BobaMatt! One day I´ll just catch a plane and get over there to see your work!!!

4. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Reminds me that I need to watch a couple plays and review them for me Theatre class :p

But until then! *circles his local Gamestop while waiting for it to be midnight* Bad Company 2, Bad Company 2, Bad Company 2 [face_hypnotized]

5. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    So the NSW FF-RPF Challenge entries are up!

Go here, read, vote. They're really good. :D

6. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Tell you what, I was loyal to Mozilla since I started using Firefox about three years ago, but I've been having lots of problems with it recently. Anyway, just converted to Chrome and I have to say...it's bloomin brilliant. Thus far.

7. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Chrome is awesome! :D

I miss Firefox's customizability, but Chrome is just so much faster and more streamlined. Plus Firefox freezes if you try to post really really long posts on the JC. :p

8. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Yeah, I had that too. The worst problem for me was Facebook, because it kept crashing every time I'd have just finished writing someone a message. And Youtube was a constant pain...videos would freeze momentarily every twenty seconds or so and the sound would jump. You know, when I put it like this it's a wonder I put up with it for so long, but I'm both very loyal and very lazy. :p

9. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Man the Harpoons I tell you! There be a Bat-Thok signal!

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Harpooooooonsssss! [face_skull]

So after cramming for a Theatre test, finishing up my part of a group presentation for World Literature, writing two essays for my History of Russia course that's due on Friday rather then Tuesday but I did them anyway, and grabbing whatever notes and other work that needed to be done during my two days absence from my leg injury, I was ready for Wednesday!

What did Wednesday include? A large pepperoni pizza, two bottles of Mountain Dew, some Reeses, and my new copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that included a Skype call with my friends to achieve MAXIMUM PWNAGE.

Best relaxing Wednesday I ever had :p

...And yes I know that it is exactly as unhealthy as it sounds but it was totally worth it! :cool:

11. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    I would have gone with a beer with that pizza.

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I don't drink [face_laugh]

13. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
  14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Especially one in particular... ;)

I am now tempted to switch to Chrome.

Hmmmm.

I am such a sheep, when it comes to tech. [face_laugh]

16. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Ah, but which one? ;)

You should swap! [face_laugh] Seriously... Chrome lacks Firefox's customizability (it has extensions, but not as many), but it more than makes up for it in speed. The downside is that, as it's not widely adopted as of yet, some sites don't support it fully - but that's why you don't uninstall Firefox when you switch over.

17. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Glad I spotted that, because I was about to do this very thing, just hadn't got round to it. This is the benefit of having tech-minded friends like yourself. :cool:

Sinre, make the switch already. Chrome is so good it makes me feel like a wide-eyed eight year old again, surfing the net for the first time. But then I was having a lot of problems with FF, so the contrast was more marked.

18. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    LOL, well, it might still be alright if you uninstalled Firefox, so long as you still have IE as your backup for situations like those. But I greatly dislike IE, so I prefer to keep Firefox around.

19. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Chrome, eh? [face_thinking]

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I dislike Chrome. It's aesthetically unappealing, and the layout feels wonky. I'll stick with Safari, thanks.

21. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Safari's gone all wonky on me...I think I might need to reformat the ol' hard drive. I suspect pernicious influences from the internet.

22. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Someone's been surfing bad things. :p :D :D

And yes, Chrome is not pretty at all. One trades prettiness for speed apparently when it comes to the Browser Wars.

23. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    You young'uns with yer fancy-pants alternative browsers...what's wrong with good old Internet Exploder? Eh? Eh? Eh? *waves walking stick around*

24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's more or less universally acknowledged as the slowest browser with the worst security issues and performance, built on a shaky-at-best code that's getting too old for its own good.

25. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    I actually find Chrome quite pleasant to look at. Minimalist, clean. I like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.