1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 6.0 " Your liver can?t repel alcoholic drinks of that magnitude!"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    Insipid or Lumiya (Lumiyas?) are the only real choices in this list :p
  2. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Don't make me pick Jacen to get back at you. :p
  3. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    I've no qualms with you playing Jacen :p

Its the broken shell of a character called Darth Caedus I don't like :p
  4. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Well... as time continues, I grow less and less enamoured with Darth Caedus. It is mostly a parallel line to my dislike of Luke. :p
  5. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5
    *chuckles nervously*
    Well now, I'm all signed up to play Darth Vader. And I sure hope I can pull it off, and do the character justice.
    I probably shouldn't be so nervous should I?

Although...with great power comes great responsibility. And that should soooo be a Star Wars quote.

Darth Vader's my favourite character, the one I know most about, ergo methinks the one I can pull off best in character. Here goes nothing.
    *swallows a vodka shot*
  6. TheSithGirly Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Hm, that is an interesting concept. I wonder when the first "second characters of the same nature" will show up. Because I am eyeing Swarm War Luke. [face_thinking]

I actually also thought about Jacen, but then it would be Star by Star Jacen. I liked him a lot in that book. Or aa real villian, somehow the game is still missing it´s big bad guy. Vader is the most powerful Darksider we got so far. Anyway I can say it is actually a given I will join :p
  7. LordTroepfchen Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, I had not thought about that, actually. No AFAS characters. Because: No infinity characters. Only clear-cut canon chars!

Good to see we got some people thinking there . . . :p
  8. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
  9. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    AFAS is totally canon.:p
  10. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
  11. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, which is why I'm looking forward to the Sith Apprentice Kir Kanos action figure to come out next month:p

So it is totally cannon
  12. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Haha, so true! :p

And we have an interesting cast shaping up so far. I'm looking forward to see who else shows up.
  13. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    Had to throw my hat into this one, there were just too many humans not to add some droid order.
  14. LordTroepfchen Force Ghost

star 4
    In our hearts and twisted minds it totally is. But it is to awesome for those out there. You need to accept that guys. If we ever canonize it, the galaxy might stop to exist and then . . . there would only be awesome left. We can´t do that. Well. Not yet. :)
  15. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Choices for AFaS becoming canon;

1. This all actually happens between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, but the status quo of the films and EU is by and large restored by the time everything sorts itself out.

2. Jacen did it all.

:p
  16. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_laugh] "It was a wizard!"
  17. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    Ah, so the usual Del Ray approach?
  18. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Yup.

The ability to have billions of people die and the status quo be maintained, however, is not a gift to be scoffed at. It requires the sacrifice of a lamb roughly every twenty nine and a quarter hours, and the ichor of a nearly-born butterfly tainted with mildew to be consumed by Leland Chee to be imbibed every twenty nine and a quarter days, and eyes of newt strewn across the Dead Sea every twenty nine and a quarter months. :p

It's a high maintenance spell. [face_laugh]
  19. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Could we perhaps negotiate for AFAS characters under the OC rule?

*makes life difficult for you* :p
  20. LordTroepfchen Force Ghost

star 4
    I could.

But I won´t.

:p Seriously, that makes the game too confusing for newbies. And actually to even make that point I demand that you would now about EVERY timeline change AFAS made. So good luck with that, if your username is not BobaMatt by accident [face_laugh]

Anyway, no infinities, AU or anything else. Only canon.

And there was an interview with a dertain SW author that you will hate so much, once it gets translated into English, Sinre. And considering the content, it will. It will. [face_devil]
  21. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I know every timeline change that pertains to my character!

:p No, I see your point. (And, no, I didn't have my heart set on playing AFAS!Leia. Playing the same character in two games simultaneously would be too confusing.)
  22. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Best youtube comment ever.

After viewing Halo by Beyonce on the 'toob...

Well, all right, but it made me laugh.
  23. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Ask Sinre some time about his efforts to work AFaS into canon.

AFaS update this weekend.

Saintheart, we miss you.

EDIT: Ah, I see Sinre already posted it...
  24. Thok Force Ghost

star 6
    *starts unloading his yearly stockpile of guiness*
  25. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah......

Dang it.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng it!

You see, unlike Crosscurrent, Backlash makes me want to really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy want to see what will happen next.

Fortunately, Allies will be released in two months rather then the much longer and much more painful seven month wait for Backlash due to unforeseen medical emergencies.

Course, once again, when it comes to Aaron Allston, any price is worth it to read his work. Whether it be a seven month long wait or having to go through the cave of not one but TWO krayt dragons while first having to pass through their feeding pen of rancors and, even after you manage to get through the dragons, snagging the book itself from a pit of kodashi vipers :p

And this is, of course, only being done after having to wait for a whole year to go on such a holy journey to retrieve such a holy work of literature [face_hypnotized]
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.