1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 6.0 " Your liver can?t repel alcoholic drinks of that magnitude!"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Thok Force Ghost

star 6
  2. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    YouTube was my friend recently. Again my initial impressions, I was actually pretty impressed by the quality of the cutscenes out there, and the quality of the story. I still think youtube saved me a good number of hours, frustration, and stress on my marriage ;) but for all its derivative nature, I actually couldn't help but like this story. Not to mention some of the costuming *coughAltaircoughcough* ... though there remain EU elements that still make me shake my head in frustration. Not to mention a serious apparent plot hole: When Galen is betrayed by Vader the second time, Vader does confirm he wants to overthrow the Emperor, but not with Galen as his partner. The implication being that he knows of Luke's existence and plans to groom his son for the role instead. If so, he just contradicted the OT in a serious way given the idea Vader didn't know Luke was alive until at least end of ANH. And while I've got the benefit of blacklight, so to speak, the biggest irritation in the cutscenes: Leia Organa's voice acting. How did Bastila manage to get reincarnated in Carrie Fisher's preteen body? Appalling voice acting there, though the remainder was acceptable.
  3. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    *expression does something funny*

That was me, and it was at most two if not three PM's.

And the thread you represented picked a new Senator, as, yes, you were on a rather long bender at the time.

I rather resent being called a "delusion nitwit", astonishingly.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    You really shouldn't take PoT seriously.
  5. Supernova_I Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello. Most of the people who go here are crazy, aren't they? I am aware that includes me, by the way.
  6. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    *Unsaddles his flying marmoset while whistling Prokofiev's "The Battle on the Ice" and tieing a rubber chicken to his left angle before counting every giant rainbow stone on the ground five times to make sure they're all there*

I don't know what you're talking about, I'm not in the least bit crazy.
  7. Thok Force Ghost

star 6
    i've been trying to come up with a themesong for the Thok/PoT EuC ticked....any ideas?
  8. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Queen's "Princes of the Universe"?
  9. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
  10. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    *waltzs into the bar, carrying a huge coffee mug behind her.***

Well, I just need a cup of coffee...

BTW..I have updated, if anyone is interested.

**Uses the force to lift the mug, and head out back**
  11. Davy_Jones Jedi Padawan

Ahoy ye Hooperites...

I be bearin' a message

Ye all have been a conscriptad ta serve an da Flyin' Dutchman, a-startahn now...

Best be startin' ta talk like da bilgerats ye are, or ye be in for quite a squall...

-Cpt. D_J
  12. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Oy, pirates <.<

I aaaaaaammmm! But the long day of failing to look at cells with a microscope for Biology and the post made for Shattered Galaxy has left me tapped out >.> So I think I'll get some sleep and make that post in the morning!
  13. PiratePrincess Jedi Knight

star 1
    Where we be sailin' this evenin', Cap'n?
  14. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    Strange men lying in ponds preaching obscure holidays is no basis for mandatory conscription. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an empereror just because I came out of the water and started talking like a pirate they'd lock me away!

(Apologies to Monty Python)
  15. Dread_Pirate_Inty Jedi Knight

Dread Pirate Inty > Davey Jones

Mathematics Textbooks > Locker
  16. PiratePrincess Jedi Knight

star 1
    But the masses DO like Pirate Day. We have it every year.
  17. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'd get a pirate username, but I'd have to geta new email address. :(

Arr...
  18. Dread_Pirate_Inty Jedi Knight

arr, actually, you don't ...

just (temporarily) remove your private e-mail, and you can use that one again for a sock. :)
  19. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    Well, yeah, but it's still not pirate day in these parts, so until then I refuse to take orders from a...

What on Earth would you call Davy Jones anyway? Besides "Sir"?
  20. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Look at it this way: the Secret Apprentice was never really a secret. OR! Vader wasn't too fond of this apprentice. OR! Vader's just being a prick. A friend of mine had the same interpretation as you, but I'll admit it wasn't what occurred to me when I saw that scene. (Or read it in the graphic novel.) It just seemed like Sith duplicity. Vader did not want the SA as his ultimate successor.

EDIT: I just saw what this post actually looks like. Can someone create a "Most Mysterious Post" award, and then give it to this post?
  21. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That was you?

Well if it's any consolation I now regard you as a 'top bloke'(TM), which is a particularly auspicious honour for a british git. We Australians don't shower praise lightly on the colonial folk. ;) Even on the occasions when you manage to be competitive with us in sports you invented. [face_mischief]
  22. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    'Admiral' already has plenty to do with the seas, so I don't need any silly socks.
  23. DreadPirateXany Jedi Padawan

Arr, this be true! :D
  24. PTMurphy84 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Are we going to actually celebrate this idiots' holiday?
  25. Thok Force Ghost

star 6
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.