main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    No, nothing so awesome. It's "Bring me two..."

Though funnily enough there are totally country singers who would probably write a song about stealing booze. Most of them are named Merle Haggard.

Penguinator likes this.
  2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    *bops Solo* >.>

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL! I knew that would get you! :D

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  5. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Especially when I'm currently stocked with the super special Game Fuel Dew.

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    WOw....soooo quiet.

*looks around* Pours a fresh cup from the caffa 5000 and sits back to watch vid.

Ya know..makes me think of my current games...dont know why.... :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I was just polishing off Giant Robo. Which is probably for the best, as that OVA makes me crave a ridiculously over-the-top Wuxia sci-fi epic that also has giant robots, which is really not a game I see flying around here. :p

Ah well.

8. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Ahh! Giant Robo. That was good stuff. ( basks in feeling of nostalgia) good action, and not to mention a memorable plot twist as well. ;)

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    A plot twist? Towards the end it was basically nothing but plot twists.

Entertaining plot twists, but still. :p

"Oh hey Taiso and Yôshi are actually married!" "Oh hey Vogler was actually a good guy!" "Oh hey Ginrei can teleport!" "Oh hey Genya and Ginrei are actually Vogler's kids!" "Oh hey Tetsuguya actually brought Daisaku to Shanghai specifically so Daisaku would fail!" "Oh hey Vogler didn't actually die!" "Oh hey Vogler's last will is to complete the device!" "Oh hey this is all the will of Big Fire!" "Oh hey this is all a plot by Kohei!" "Oh hey Alberto actually has a kid (Although I guess technically I read Mars and knew that was coming)!" "Oh hey Tetsuguya isn't actually dead!" "Oh hey it turns out Murasame and Ginrei were actually star-crossed lovers!" "Oh hey Alberto isn't actually dead and is now helping to save the world!" "Oh hey turns out letting the bad guy win fixed everything!" "Oh hey turns out this was all JUST AS PLANNED even though the Big Fire we saw moving around wasn't actually Big Fire but who cares because this twist is AMAZING?!"

But yeah, tons of fun, and much less depressing than the actual ending of the old tokusatsu Giant Robo, which was a bit more... yeah...

greyjedi125 likes this.
  10. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    *Basks in Ramza's Anime bubble!! *bliss* Yes, lots of fun episodes indeed. They don't make them like that anymore. ( Woah! I'd forgotten some of those! You sure you didn't re-watch them all yesterday!?) ^:)^

(and as for 'altered' endings, characters, story arcs, etc *regarding anime in general*...we could be here for days) ;)

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    They really don't. Closest I've seen to the quality of GR from new stuff are Tetsujin 28-go, New Getter Robo, and Shin Mazinger, of which the first and last were also directed by Imagawa, and all three are updated revivals of old series. Of course, I'm still only one season into Legend of the Galactic Heroes, so I'm not exactly going to be running out of stuff to watch any time soon. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Reasons Saintheart did not update his games this weekend:

(1) Dramatica Pro software. This stuff is funky.

(2) Wife annexed the computer on Sunday night. Which led to ME 2 (see below).

(3) Jessica had her dancing concert this weekend. Awwwwww, she was so cute!

(4) Consideration of whether to change my userid from Saintheart to Biff Slamchest. Any thoughts, people?

(5) Started another Mass Effect 2 run ... this time going female, going Vanguard, and going Renegade. Normally I'm a Paragon Soldier (and male, obviously), mostly because I prefer to sit back and snipe a lot, but having finally tuned my dude for "upgrading" to Mass Effect 3, I decided to take a walk on the other side of the street. I knew I wanted to try out Vanguard for once, and I've heard a lot about Jennifer Hale's voice acting, so I figured ... well, if the main character's going to be a frontline combat freak, why not make her a jerk as well, or at least hard-bitten? And so far ... man ... I've died a lot, but Vanguard is just fun. When I first started playing I hit the hotkey for time dilation out of habit, and nearly crapped my pants when my female Vanguard did this Superman charge and just chunked the mech I was dealing with. Holy cow! And the Renegade options are nice, too -- for some reason some of the conversations actually feel less talky and preachy, they feel more "dynamic" in some ways. Even so, I'm wincing a bit; some Renegade decisions just feel like FemShep's on the (THIS WORD DELETED) rather than being grim and hard-bitten. But boy, Vanguard is fun, even when I'm getting killed too much!

(6) Recovering from Friday night. My dear little two-year old son, decided to run away from his grandmother at the park (I was at work and my wife had a personal commitment.) He ran downhill, and had a head start ... and disappeared around the corner into the bushland beyond. He was missing for a full half hour ... and somehow walked back home to grandma's house unassisted. Okay, it's only a five, ten minute walk, but this is a two-year old. He walked across a road as well, no adult with him. Nobody saw him walk home. We still don't know how he did it. He must have had one hell of a guardian angel, that's all I can say. Grandma had already called the cops, they'd diverted a helicopter to look for him, she was accosting random passerbys begging them to help her find him. Wife and I were (perhaps mercifully) oblivious to all this until after the event. I can't imagine what I would have been like had I known. As it is I don't think I'll be buying any lottery tickets any time soon, because I think I used up all my luck.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, christ, that last one sounds terrifying. Glad he was okay.

14. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Ditto to what Ramza said!

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Ditto to Ramza and Spycoder9!

Also for 4? No.

16. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Not gonna lie; got a little scared upon hearing the part about your son running away in the park. Too many instances where that scenario would take a turn for the worst [face_nail_biting] Very glad that it wasn't the case for you though [:D]

On a more light-hearted note, you think one Vanguard is awesome? Should see what happens when you have TWO Vanguards fighting one another :cool:

Best damn boss fight you'll ever have [face_cowboy]

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That scenario in the park is some scary stuff. Glad to hear everything turned out okay in the end! :)

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  18. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Yes. SO MUCH YES.

19. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Like I said, serious guardian angels at work. That area he ran into is partially swampy; it's known to have seriously poisonous snakes in it, and we're getting into early summer, so the bastards are waking up and getting active. Grandma has said she's never taking him out for a walk again unless he has a leash on him. This is one of those few times you can feel happy about being cringingly embarrassed when two burly men in police uniforms turn up to your door to take a report about your missing-then-found child, rather than take a report about your missing-and-still-missing child.

[​IMG]

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Wow Saint!

Glad yer little one was found, no harm done. As I've been through THREE little ones... I feel ya pain!! ;) My older two I swear were escape artist. :p

Also..Number 4:
    NO...HECK NO.
    I think tis yer name that gives ya luck! Better not mess with the luck.

:D

spycoder9 likes this.
  21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Regarding 4, clearly you should change your name to Pony Winter Waltzer. ... Wait, wrong part of the boards, carry on.

s65horsey likes this.
  22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    *Reaches over and slaps Ramza with a fish...*

*TWACK!!*

~[face_coffee] ~

23. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    Dear gods, Saint, I am so, so glad your little boy didn't come to any harm. :eek: Small children seem to have some sort of inbuilt instinct for this stuff. Definitely get him some kiddie reins.

And don't change your name!

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    IM BOOOOOORED!!!!!!

25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    That's why there's SPARTAN OPS!

Though the more I play Spartan Ops, the more I kind of wish that they left in Firefight instead of replacing it with Spartan Ops. Mostly due to the fact that it gets so repetitive now :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.