main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Krypton

Mr.Krypton Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2012
    Saint's new game..... *drools on self*

Trieste likes this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Speaking of the VGAs, I have a friend who does marketing. I won't go into specifics, but she buys TV air time for a major, national brand.

They made her go to the VGAs last night to represent them.

I felt so bad for her. And that was before I heard she had to cancel a date to do it too.

Penguinator likes this.
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'd feel bad for anyone who had to go to the VGAs in any capacity regardless of circumstances.

Penguinator likes this.
  4. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Indeedz.

To be fair, Samuel L Jackson was there :p

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    And I feel bad for him.

Penguinator likes this.
  6. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I think he was having what fun he could have there :p

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    About Misogyny in Video Games: Its why I like Borderlands. They're actually trying to appeal to females by including Female Characters that aren't exactly stereotypical video game females. One example is Ellie from Borderlands 2, who is obese as heck and definitely not something most people would find attractive, but rather than have her personality be of a cliched depressed fat person, she doesn't care what others think and wouldn't change a thing about herself because she's happy the way she is.

Granted they do have some examples of something that would probably classify as Misogynistic, such as Ellie's mother, Moxxi, but she definitely has some redeeming qualities, such as the fact that she's pretty enterprising and can take care of herself, and I don't mean by using her body.

8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm not saying it's just games proper, but the industry as a whole. I've read a few articles that shed light on just how appalling conditions of work are for qualified, professional women who want to develop and create. It's absurd, juvenile, and embarrassing.

9. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Yeah, that's why I'm not going to PAX Australia unless I have a big group of friends to be my posse.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Do they still make possies? I am truly surprised.

As for gender inequality still not having been rightfully sorted out. . .considering slavery in some frames of mind is being practiced (wage slavery) it does not surprise me in the least. The good in man is often a precious jewel, found within a trough before swine.

11. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Good thing the RPF is a diamond mine!

Saintheart likes this.
  12. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I nominate this exchange for Post/s Of The Year.

13. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Double posting, but does anyone know a good free rich text editor that works offline and locks in seamlessly with the board code used here?

Basically, it's more for convenience than anything else, but here's the issue I'm having: at work (where I wind up composing most of my posts [face_shhh] ) my server seems to start to chug when my posts get long-ish in this rich text mode - the issue resolves itself if I go to the BB Code editor, but it's giving me RSI with all the square bracketing and so forth. So is there any program that'll let me compose in rich text format offline and then give me a BB Code format readout I can just cut and paste here?

(Sidebar: this is because Mass Effect 4 is getting massive, and having an effect on me. I've written five pages of opening text, and only gotten through about 5 characters in the Blue thread. A faster editor would make things a lot easier - at least it would only leave me with the pbucket linking to deal with for the photos...)

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Not a clue Saint, but I would interested as well since i have the same problem.

15. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I will probably run into it also, what with how big Forgotten Ones got :p

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Not familiar with any offline programs that will do that, no. I just use TextEdit (Mac equivalent of Notepad) and type all the BBCode manually, so it's not something I've looked into.

Yeah, we're billion year old carbon.

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    That's a billion years worth of EXPERIENCE! :p

18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I didn't know internet years were so expansive :eek: Perhaps those that have been around since the start should be given a diamond symbol :p

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Pfft, diamonds would insult such long-lasting users. We should award them Iron 54 isotope icons - nothing says longevity like a half-life in the "greater than 3 x 10^22 years" range. :p

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
  21. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Shopping for guitars for my younger brother makes me understand how my mom must've felt when shopping for electronics for me all those years. I found one that I wanted to get him that had a sexy black and red sunburst design. Found out it was a guitar for girls.

And you people say the video game industry is sexist.

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Guitar marketing is sexist; branding, not so much. Gibson put out some Les Paul guitars in a "Goddess" line - designed with female players in mind, but a ton of guys wound up loving them because they just looked cool and weighed like ten pounds less than a normal Les Paul :p

Anyways, my thoughts on guitar aesthetics - it should look cool and be ready for anything.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Guitars should make a sound when strummed. EVERYTHING ELSE IS SUPERFLUOUS.

[​IMG]

24. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Wound up getting him this. Hopefully it gets the Peng seal of approval. The guy at Guitar Center made it sound pretty awesome.

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    It's an Epiphone-made slab of wood, it'll do :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.