main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    And you should always light a flame to illuminate the way.

2. Nick of Time

Nick of Time Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2013
    People make good tinder.

3. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Yes, yes they do :D

4. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    You know what they say.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.;)

5. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
  6. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
  7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Oddly enough I never got that much into Ghost in the Shell despite it typically being an anime that I would probably like considering I tend to love watching movies and playing video games that are closely related to them. Same with Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. The only two closest to them that I can say I really enjoy is Full Metal Panic and Outlaw Star which is odd.

But then again, when it comes to anime, I tend to go with the more over the top animes with some supernatural like Devil May Cry, Gurren Lagann, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, the Fate/Stay franchise, Sword Art Online, Rurouni Kenshin, Kara no Kyoukai, etc. And then there's just the completely comedic and ridiculous ones like Girls und Panzer, Upotte!, and my current forays into Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. Romance thrown into any anime is also nice and will keep me interested because I am a sad, sad man :p

Used to be a fan of the Gundam franchise with Wing, G, and 8th MS Team but I've kind of given up on that after some of the nonsense that they've been releasing (SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!). The most recent product from them I viewed was Gundam 00 but I kept having mixed feelings about it as I watched the series. The movie was completely stupid though.

8. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I strongly dislike G-00. That whole series annoyed me. Then again, I'm a fanboy of Gundam X soooo.... :p

(and I like SEED too. Destiny sucked though :p )

9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Nick of Time likes this.
  10. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I like it more because of its setting and plot than because it is an actual anime, per see.

I've tried out others similar like Gunslinger Girl, which was good also, but none of it has the wordy sociological theories, the massive government conspiracies, and the awesome and realistic action sequences like GITS does.

Plus the Major is HAWT

[​IMG]

;)

11. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Like I said, I had mixed feelings about G-00. On the one hand, I thought it was kind of cool when I viewed it as a replica of Wing except with a few twists here and there. The first season I think was the better one as you didn't have a bunch of the nonsense that would appear in the second season and completely ruin the movie. The characters were fine although a couple tended to annoy me at times. I think the main reason why I thought the series was okay was how the first season ended up because I thought it was legitimately tragic and sad with all that went down in the end.

Seed was just the start to a headache-inducing trend (at least it was the start for me) where you have stupid and annoying kids not knowing what the hell they're doing and trying to make them dramatic and tragic yet super special which does not work....at all. That's really the only polite way I can put it :p

12. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Eh, rose colored glasses and all. SEED started me with Gundam, so I'll always like it. After War (Gundam X) is far better :p

13. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, for me Gundam X appeared during a time where I gave up on the franchise for a while so I never saw it. Though to be fair I wonder if I would still enjoy Wing as I did when I first saw it years ago if I viewed it a second time. ...Probably would. G-Gundam though...that will always be awesome because of how completely ridiculous and hilarious it is [face_laugh]

Especially cause freakin' Master Asia! :cool:

If they ever decide to have another Dynasty Warriors Gundam or something of that type, they should just have you play as Master Asia. As in, just Master Asia. No Gundam or mobile suit of any kind because clearly they are just overrated.

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    .Hack// and Death Note... When they come back I'll pay attention :p

15. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Death Note is another popular anime I never got into despite how nearly everyone I knew praised it :p .hack//Sign I saw and thought was pretty good but never got into any of the other parts of the franchise. Sword Art Online which recently finished seemed a lot like .hack except everyone is trapped in the game and it actually focuses more on the actual game world itself rather then trying to resolve the inner workings and mystery of Tsukasa. A bunch of shenanigans occurred in the second half of that anime though which made me wish that - despite enjoying the anime - I hope they never continue with it. Of course, considering its popularity and sales...they're probably gonna continue with at least Gun Gale Online.

The novels were better then the anime imo as most of the fun came from reading everything from Kirito's point of view :p

I think my current favorite anime has to be Kara no Kyoukai which I happened to stumble onto about a year ago when I had the urge to find and watch a new anime. It was one of TYPE-MOON's earliest works (same people behind the Fate/Stay franchise) and seems to be a lesser-known one at that from what I can figure though that could be because some of the mature content they have in there. It started as a novel series which then became a seven-film series animated by ufotable (same people who animated Gundam: Seed ironically enough). Fortunately, I discovered it after the seventh and final movie had already aired so I was able to watch them all in one go. It was a pretty good series with great animation and music coupled with interesting characters and an overall plot that you don't see until later despite the fact that bits and pieces are scattered and then linked by the movies. The movies themselves, funnily enough, did not air in chronological order but it actually made the series all the more entertaining to me.

The mysteries that each film had were intriguing and they were punctuated with very well-done action scenes and displays of the supernatural. That said, however, the series does have a bit of mature content in the form of violence (the most extreme instance having to be when one character has her heart torn out of her body and crushed in the hand of one of the villains AND THEN her head being torn off) and, in one of the movies, rape and some nudity. Definitely wouldn't advise seeing it if you're squeamish or the faint of heart. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed it and the main character's (Ryougi Shiki) ability of Mystic Eyes of Death Perception is very similar to the Shatterpoint which gives me interesting ideas on what to do with one of my characters :cool:

I'd definitely advise a looksie :D

16. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I feel terribly old now. :(

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Dawz, why's that? :p

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    All anime went to crap after Victory Gundam. [face_plain]

:p

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Because . . . I got no idea what you all are talking about [face_laugh]

That and when Fin and Saint leave, I actually MIGHT be the oldest user around here :(

20. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Ah Victory... :p

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Pfffft, we're just talking about cartoons. Japanese cartoons. That's all you really need to know :p And I'm sure there are plenty of older users around here!

Ramza And where the hell were you seven hours ago? [face_laugh]

22. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I was wondering that myself :p

I mean, we had a discussion on the merits of various Gundam series' and Ramza didn't show up to 'educate' us? :p

23. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    How old are you, if I might ask? I have no idea what they are talking about other than the fact they are talking about Anime I've never seen (but I've heard of it), but I don't consider myself old at all, at 24 - in fact, Sinre knows the subject, and he's older than me. :p

24. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Oh, let´s say I am in my thirties . . . :cool:

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    ~[face_coffee]~
    Hehehe...

Hardly. There are a few of us cranky old farts still about.

And what is scary is that I DO know what they are talking about.. Some of it at least.

**Thirities?!?!?!! Still a baby!**;)

..woah...

Snow predictions... for US?
    When did Hooper's freeze over? [face_coffee]

*Stocks up on supplies...*
    [face_coffee]
    [face_coffee][face_coffee]
    [face_coffee][face_coffee][face_coffee]
    [face_coffee][face_coffee][face_coffee][face_coffee]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.