1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    thanks. Right now I just want to stop aching.
  2. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Eh, don't think I really like provolone. I think the salami is just bad with the eggs.

*gives the Kahn a pat pat* Achy Kahn be achy.
  3. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    [image=http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/wrong-mike.jpg]
  4. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    Bacon or ham is the way to go for an omelette. Of course, I tend to dislike sausaged meats, so yeah.
  5. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Salami is alright every once and a while, but I prefer the ham in an omelet.
  6. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Chorizo, Kielbasa, and Italian sausages aren't bad with eggs. Ham is good. Steak is good. Poultry is...wrong.
  7. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    I need to learn how to make omelettes so I can get some spinach ones. We've got an omelette bar here on campus, but no spinach. WTF?
  8. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Omelettes are easy. Beat the eggs, heat the pan on LOW, melt the butter, pour in the eggs. If you're stuffing the omelette, then wait until it hardens on one side - it's on low so that it cooks through, rather than just burning on one side and staying completely liquid everywhere that's not touching the pan directly - flip it, then put your ingredients on top. When the other side is cooked, fold it.

If you'd rather mingle the ingredients with the egg - it's usually how I do vegetables like onions, peppers, and mushrooms - you can put them in right away so that they sink into the liquid yolk or put them in the pan first and pour the egg over them.

Spinach is tricky. If you're using raw spinach leaves, I'd cook them a bit first to soften them.
  9. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    My brother liked turkey omeletes. Dunno how that worked <.<
  10. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    I'm sure it tastes fine but the idea of eating two generations of bird in one swoop (no pun intended) is nauseating to me.
  11. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    All this talk of omelets is making me hungry but I just got my meds and am now broke :(
  12. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, at least I know what I'll be trying to make for breakfast tomorrow. Even if I don't have all of the supplies, which should make it interesting:p
  13. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    See that? That's the system working.
  14. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Now I gotta have an omelette for breakfast. =P~
  15. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    [image=http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1271/3353317140_277096dca4_b.jpg]

Ya breakfast! :D
  16. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    All the series did was add a Mandalorian faction. All the previous wars and events still take place. The Battle of Kalevala is added to the Mandalorian Civil War. Shock horror, oh, wait, no.
  17. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    It also had an art style that literally causes me to resent its very existence, so there's that.:p
  18. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 5
    Oh man, I totes want that breakfast....
  19. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Omelette, sausage, and bacon still be my preferred, and most unhealthy, breakfast :p Of course you're gonna want to toss a bottle of Dew into the mix as well [face_peace]

Which is why it's so disappointing whenever I look back to what the Mandalorians were and what they are now [face_worried] Clone Wars aside, it's not like I appreciate what Traviss had done <.< I despise what she has done truthfully. Hard Contact will always be that pinnacle of success that dazzled me upon first viewing her work before the rolly, polly, tumbly fall. 501st was where it finally hit rock bottom and I was done. Even if she did stick around to write that second Imperial Commando novel, I would've passed it off entirely and read the wookieepedia article to tell me the gist of what happened; saving me time, money, patience, and sanity.

Her Legacy of the Force novels didn't help either with how she set up the Mandalorians as they will be known from now on, especially Boba Fett. Where did this Jedi-hating, rights-whining, we're-superior-at-being-emo batch of sissies come from? Where were the Mandalorians from KOTOR that fought for the simple pleasure of a pure, ultimate fight and relished the challenge of fighting a Jedi then a whiny debate of their ethics? Where was this pinnacle of awesomeness that Canderous Ordo first shone upon thee when you first met him at the Taris cantina? If he had been in Kal Skirata's place, sure he would've frowned upon the use of clones and how the Republic was cowardly for not fighting it's own wars, but he wouldn't have whined about the "unfairness" of a clone. Instead, he probably would've made a quip of "Battle is the life of Mandalorians". Heck, he probably would've been ecstatic about fighting clones who, to him, were the ultimate beings of soldierliness. Next to his breed of Mandalorians of course [face_talk_hand]

The clone known as Null-11 shames the very name that is Ordo.

Jaster Mereel and Jango Fett's time with their True Mandalorians was the last vestiges of this past glory. Upon first opening the comic pages of Jango Fett: Open Seasons after playing KOTOR and seeing the Q-Carriers stream out from the main carrier ship and descending upon Korda 6's battle-scarred surface amidst artillery fire, I thought that this must've been a small sample of what it had been like for the Mandalorians at their prime. I was aware that these warriors were no longer at that prime, that they were reduced to mercenaries rather then troopers of an Empire, but they still held that bitter, fighting spirit that was shown in those beautifully drawn panels.

After that though...what happened? I see none of that glory anymore (though the brief glimpses in the Legacy comics had piqued my interest) and all I see now are completely and utterly average folks that boast about an elite status that doesn't seem any different to that being pinned to a regular Special Ops trooper and instead have their prowess focused upon being annoying loudmouths rather then threatening foes.

Nevertheless, I am interested to see how this turns out after Clone Wars finishes with it's Godzilla episodes [face_thinking]

.....And that's what happens when I work with only three hours of sleep sustaining me and no bottle of Mountain Dew to give me a caffeine boost. I is gonna take a nap now I-)
  20. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Good news though, the series is going to be resurrected by another author, which should sort out a certain amount of the difficulties. Maybe enough for us to enjoy the arc again. Though I did enjoy the greyness of the Old Republic - which was quite original considering how heroic the Republic is portrayed and how quickly it becomes an Empire...

Agreement, agreement. IC was a shot at Invincible, I really consider. A low shot, at that.

I have to agree with that. But there seemed to be a bit of glory in the True Mandalorians, at least, and definitely the Legacy Mandalorians, as well.

I am looking forward to those. Funnily, nobody seems to be panicking about it, and it is probably as bad as the Mandalorian episodes were 'supposed to be'. They should be damn good. Lots of dead clones, I fear, though.

Oh, but I just saw these horrible words...

The final issue of Star Wars: Legacy!

:eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  21. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    Fixed.
  22. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    We'll see how that goes with the mess the author will find him/herself sorting out >.>

Eh, Clone Wars has a few hits and misses. The clones themselves, I believe, are portrayed with awesomeness and I think Rookies is still my top favorite episode :D Grievous is having a lack of horrible-super-Jedi-killing-general-droid-thing moments where even a certain Padawan can hold her own against him and when was the last time you've even seen Dooku or Ventress? Maybe the episodes with Boba will have some more of those solid hits :p

And I don't care what anyone says about the Mandalorian episodes. The fact that there's a black lightsaber with the blade actually shaped like a blade is so ridiculous that it is absolutely AWESOME [face_laugh]

I've actually taken another look at the Legacy comics recently. Not the Mandalorian issues either mind you as my recent foray had been looking into what had happened on Wayland (a fate which I had always been interested in seeing but never viewing until now). Truth be told, Celeste Morne kind of turned me off to the comics for a while but Invasion and my recent revisits to the NJO novels during the time of the Vong War has gotten me interested in dealings with our galactic invaders :p
  23. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    It's like everyone is seeing some Sinre post that I'm not seeing. The hell?:confused:
  24. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    You're not the only one. I don't see it either...
  25. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Same! It's really weird.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.