main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Hmm...

I wonder if I should do my next game in the Clone Wars era (actual Clone Wars as opposed to ROTS like Rebirth) so that people can vent their frustrations at TCW :p

Mitth_Fisto and Heavy Isotope like this.
  2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Well for me it was muuuuucccch more enjoyable when I turned my brain off. Whereas once I would've bashed my head against my desk a couple times when it came to Maul, by that point I managed to suppress my own sensibilities to the point where I reduced myself to a fan that takes delight in "Okay, it might be cool to see Maul in the Clone Wars-era".

My opinion of Clone Wars hasn't changed: its a nice AU where you can see crazy stuff happen that wouldn't in a sensible Star Wars canon. To give it some credit, I pretty much enjoy every episode that involves clones with the drawback of hating every of the droid and Jar Jar episodes.

And come on, you have to admit...

Darth Maul and his brother taking on Darth Sidious after the two take over Mandalore?

Stupid? Completely.

At the same time though....

...a little stupidly awesome.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  3. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Last day here. :)

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, you are coming back to us?! [:D]

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Sarge221 -

Must not open spoilers...agh! :p I'm only a few episodes into Season 2, so I don't want to see something I'll regret later.

But overall, I certainly agree with you and I found myself doing the same thing for most of what I've seen so far. I think that's contributing to why I'm enjoying the run so far. Of course, I didn't get to Maul's shining moment just yet and it'll be hard to get over my initial disgust with it, but we'll see what happens.

6. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Yep! :) Heading home tomorrow. I'll let you guys know when I'm settled in back home. Should only be a day or two after tomorrow.

Sith-I-5 and spycoder9 like this.
  7. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

I keep meaning to watch it on Netflix but I just can't....I think the animated movie sort of ruined it all for me. If the series was just about the characters who don't get much screen time in the movies, that'd be a lot easier to watch.

8. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Hence why I only prefer the episodes that feature more of the clones, some Mace Windu, and anyone else that isn't the main cast. Even that crazy Hondo had a habit of making things more enjoyable whenever he popped in :p I think Rookies is still my favorite episode and that was all the way back in Season 1.
    FOTJ was a big help with that :p After seeing enough of the stuff that went on in that series and couple that with The Clone Wars and I can pretty much sum it up as:

[​IMG]

The biggest thing with Maul that you'll probably need to get over is him talking a lot more whereas in TPM he said like one line and Ray Park's double-bladed badassery did the rest. But I think it was that, him having a brother, and all the other craziness that finally brought me full circle and convinced me to just let things play out as they were.

9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    That, and bringing Maul back to life didn't wipe out large chunks of the Expanded Universe, like rotating!Ryloth and Even Piell's death (Season 3 spoiler) did. (Of course, it's not like the EU matters anymore. Stupid Disney.)

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    To be completely honest, for the EU as a whole I don't mind seeing it abandoned. Other than the X-Wing Series I can't really say that I've ever developed a real attachment to the rest of it. Though, again, after their latest expansion of the expanded universe (which included involving The Ones from TCW), I was kind of going "EU stahp...plz stahp..." [face_beatup]

11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Mortis is this ages Hyenas Mufassa :p

[​IMG]

Sarge221 likes this.
  12. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Going to the airport soon. Good thoughts everyone. :p Talk to you soon!

13. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Met some charming Welsh gents at the airport in Belize... [face_love]

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Still in-flight, or have you landed in your home city?

15. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Just boarded, heading home now. We got pushed back an hour.

Edit: currently in Texas.

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Cool.

See you soon, then.

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    *Raises a glass**

WOO HOO!!!

;)

:D

18. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Made it home safe. ^^ Goodnight my lovely people!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Raises a toast to safe returns*

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    **runs in for a quick drink**

Oh yeah..I needed that!! :p

**runs back out, looking for her scrolls...*** ;)

21. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Alright so i have my day off tomorrow, lots of posting to be done. ^^

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Posting sounds nice. Instead, I get a test. I love take-home finals. Nothing quite like every day for a week being a massive mental struggle, only to wind up completely exhausted and only slightly further along then you were at the end.

... Wait, no, I hate this ****ing thing. Only differential geometry could eat up an entire week like this.

23. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Woh....It has been a long time since I posted here. What is up everyone? Anyone remember me?

Chukles38 likes this.
  24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I definitely remember you being in some games back when I first joined. Brought back by the casting announcement?

25. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    The announcement definitely had an impact. Reminded me of the days before RotS, which brought me here in the first place.

How have you been?