main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Sure it sounds nice, but then you realize it's all in black and white on newsprint and it's like POOF! there's $35 down the drain and...

... Wait, what are we talking about again?

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Welp, glue didn't hold. Meaning I had an interesting drive to work where I was able to place one half of my glasses on my face and drive with my left eye closed >.>

3. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    Post up, hope it's good, worked a while on it. :)

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm glad people seem to be enjoying the game so far!

Benjamin Bunny likes this.
  5. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    *puts on brand new glasses* Ooooh....

*lets out a battlecry as he charges at a Word document, swinging keyboard like a battle axe!*

HanSolo29 and Ramza like this.
  6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Lucky! They couldn't fix mine and I need to wait till after 3 p.m. tomorrow to pick up my new frames, but they want a crap load of snow (at least it's considered a crap load compared to what we got all winter so far). Looks like I'm going to be stuck with my ghetto glasses for another day, at least. [face_frustrated]

7. Benjamin Bunny

Benjamin Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Fun post Yuul, hope my reply is alright. Can't wait to see what you have in mind, and to get into the mix. Though I should probably not be so excited about it, I eagerly await my first battle as the Hulk, and to be honest I am really hoping that it is against Superman. :D

8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm enjoying reading what everyone's written so far!

9. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Alright? I enjoyed it thoroughly myself, and cannot wait to get into writing my next post as Lex Luthor, who I am also thoroughly enjoying, sometime later tonight or tomorrow morning alongside my next post in Senate Aflame.

I like Bruce's characterization and impression of Luthor, was enjoying to read.

10. Benjamin Bunny

Benjamin Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Good, as long as I am on the right track. It is really intimidating writing characters like these, they are so iconic, I just kept thinking "don't mess it up, don't mess it up, don't mess it up". I grew up reading the Hulk, I would kick myself in the eggs if I got him horribly wrong.

As I started writing I kept thinking of more possibilities for the relationship between Bruce and Lex, this should be a lot of fun.

Ramza's portrayal of Edward Nigma was really amazing as well, loved his opening post with the character. Can't wait to read more and see where he goes with him.

11. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I was lucky :p Got up early in the morning, went to the Vision Care center at the nearby Wal-Mart to see if they could repair the frames but they suggested that I should do the complete package of the eye exam followed by lens fitting so I went with it. Filled out the paperwork, got my exam done with (including getting pupils dilated, blargh), got my prescription, then immediately stepped over to their lens and frame fitting, picked out new, flexi, $149 frames, took a lunch while they fitted lenses that they had in stock that matched my prescription, came back an hour later and I got a new pair :D

And with my vision care benefits, all that only came to about $63; ten for the exam, the rest for the glasses :cool:

12. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    *still happy he doesn't need glasses*

13. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, I've had glasses on my face for so long that I hardly realize they're there anymore. Which has led to a lot of times of me stepping into the shower, only to realize that I still have them on my face :p

Besides, those new polarizing lenses they have sound pretteh sweet. Maybe I'll get a couple of those fitted onto my frames next year :cool:

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yup! That's exactly what I did! I ended up getting the eye exam as well and he yelled at me for not being there in 4 years. [face_whistling]

Kinda disappointed that I couldn't get my frames in the same day, but they could only fit me in at 5:30 and their lab was only open until 6, so I was screwed either way. I even called them right when they opened in the morning too. Oh well.

And to be fair, I only need my glasses for reading and the computer, so I don't wear them all the time. :p

15. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I need them all the time. Which made for a pretty interesting work night last night and a normal day today where I was walking around and everything from seven feet out was blurry as hell for me. When I actually put on my new glasses and walked around, my footing was actually a bit uneasy since my depth perception had been that thrown off during the time I didn't have my glasses :-B

16. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    I had the same worries myself, particularly after first submitting the character. But once I got writing it just seemed to start falling into place, though I was still worried when I posted my OP

17. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Nice, was hoping I'd get to do some writing as Clark. Mild-mannered mode ENGAGED.

Yuul_Shamar and Benjamin Bunny like this.
  18. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Senate aflame post up, will get to work on my next Heroes post later today. It's a good day for posting ;)

And might I add, a wonderful post as Clark Reynar.

19. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    So my local weather just posted an alert for high winds here. High winds consisting of consistent speeds of 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45. That made me laugh. Sounds like a typical day back home in the MidWest

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Yeah, supposed to get some high winds and then that rain/snow/wind mix tonight :p I'm not worried.

On a random note, decided to check out the trailer for the latest ME3 DLC and...

Not gonna lie. I think I may make this my one and only ME3 DLC purchase [face_cowboy]

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I will be getting my Heroes post up later on tonight once I get home from work. I have not forgotten!

Penguinator and Nick of Time like this.
  22. Nick of Time

Nick of Time Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2013
    That looks so rad, but I wonder how they are fitting it into ME3. "Hey, Shepard, I know that you're out trying to save the galaxy, but here's an apartment, just chill out."

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Clearly Shepard now saves the galaxy by throwing the best housewarming party ever. The Reapers, realizing that they cannot possibly get that down, cannot possibly be that funky, hurl themselves into the various suns out of shame.

Rampani and Saintheart like this.
  24. Nick of Time

Nick of Time Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2013
    ME4: Solar Fallout

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Actually, ME4 is just one long dance montage with hastily implemented rhythm game mechanics, lasting about 4 hours. "10/10, this game actually cured my cancer" says IGN.