main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Dredd Fist

Dredd Fist Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2014
    Provided I heed @ktala's warnings and not stand in front of the coffee maker... waitasec weren't they installing those in chirping little droids these days?

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    If you're sufficiently bored or brave, why not try your luck? It might actually prove mutually entertaining. ;) :p

3. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Normally I would... but they made my turn in my DL-44 at the door and I'm too far away to call in my spacefaring hot-rod in time if things get ugly. And no it's not a YT series either :p (not that it's obvious I'm more of a Han Solo than Skywalker fan, not at all).

So I've read the rules and get the big idea... but are there any "unwritten" rules per se? Stuff that while isn't outright banned is looked down upon or conversely encouraged?

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Well, of course. But truth be told, I'm the wrong person to ask for that sort of...information. ;)

On a different note, have you RP'ed before?

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yes:

But seriously you should also consult the FAQs if you've got any reservations about just "diving in" as it were. In general, though, if you follow the board rules and the forum rules you'll be okay.

6. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Well on tabletop I have. More precisely I used to be a Battletech nut (still am to a high degree), and in the TT version of Crimson Skies.

This would be my first outing in message board form. Not that it looks intimidating, believe me in terms of writing there are more daunting tasks, but it is a new culture and a new way of doing things, better observe a bit before saying "screw it" and getting on the rope attached to a tree and all.
    Good point, I read them over but it was more of a skim.

As to your first point well my wake-up alert was Sun Ra (totally not BSing there, nope not at all).

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Hey, you can at least name Sun Ra, that's a solid start.

8. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Truth be told I'm more of a blues person than jazz... but they're cousins at least.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...I like you already. :D

And welcome to the forums!

10. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    I swear to god it isn't yours either...

... I went with a less gaudy flash hider at the tip. I mean come on, that thing screams overcompensation :p

Oh and thank you, thank you, I take it we'll be sharing our affinity for gun-slinging and spacefaring hotrods?

11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Welcome to the forums Dredd Fist! Just let me know if you ever need a copilot with a handier weapon :p

12. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Well as it would happen I have been eyeballing a couple of reasonably priced Y-series transports. Nothing huge but in pretty good condition all things considered... how well versed are you in life support system repair on a shoestring budget?

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    *Strides in, and walks over to the coffee machine.*

Well Dredd, I see you have been busy meeting the masses...

:D

Yes, yes, you will do nicely.

*Buys the first round of drinks for the new guy....*

Alrighty now. Time for me to get back to work.

[face_devil]

14. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Well thank you. Is this a local drink or did it have to be transported halfway across the core systems or the rim? I mean I'm all about drinking local and all but sometimes a bit of exotic flavor's a good thing.

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ah, this place has everything. From Klingon Bloodwine, to Corellian Brandy, to even a

[​IMG]
    Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster

So have fun!!
    [face_dancing]

16. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    What about the Dragon's Breath? :p

[​IMG]

17. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Don't think I played any of their games, but I remember Sierra Online.

18. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Ah.

Well in that case I'd like to order a round of PPC's for the house. Equal parts of all variants of course (Steiner, Liao, Kurita, Davion, Marik, Periphery), any conflicts over drink preferences can be handled either by Four Card Drax or by battlemech duel of course :p

... yeah I'll stick to things that will rot guts relatively slowly thank you. I tried a bhut jolokia oil-infused shot in the past... did not go well.

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Mm, all this talk of drink reminds me that as its approaching Christmas, I shall have to start buying my traditional seasonal beverage, Baileys; though last year, I recall infusing it into my Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and warm soya milk, more than I drank it from a glass!

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Hehehe...I've enjoyed playing many a Sierra's games in days past. Hmmm. Dragon's Breath.

I'll stick to my Klingon concoctions for now...though Baileys is not a bad choice either!!!..just not in my cornflakes..

Apple infused Crown Royal... hmmm.

*Orders up the drinks requested, and pays for it..*

Well, THIS should prove interesting indeed.
    Leans back, and enjoys the drink, while writing on a old scroll...
    *yeah, Im old school...*

21. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Holy crap, how well do you think that would work with warm whole milk and crunchy Raisin Bran?
    Hang on... your drink isn't prepared properly... I mean you did take the Periphery PPC right?

22. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Did someone mention tabletop? I need more tabletop in my life.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  23. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Sure... do you need a wooden one, glass, granite? Heck they're making some interesting laminates these days :p

Mitth_Fisto and Random Comments like this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, warm milk and Baileys are both cream based, so that would work straight off. I go for cereals that warm milk softens, eg. Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, Frosties, Shreddies. Raisins don't give a drokk whether your milk is warm or cold, they stay the same, so I don't know if Raisin Bran would be the correct counterpart to my recipe.

25. Dredd Fist

Dec 11, 2014
    Yeah but raisins are alsto tasty nuggets of flavor in their own right, and they're pretty soft as well.

Either way, I take it this is something that should not be attempted if you have to undertake anything under the aegis of "have to do something at all today"