main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    There are plenty more names about here that are more "juvenile and fluffy" than Benjamin Bunny.

Penguinator, for instance, I mean I keep getting the image of a wacky combination of a large fluffy Penguin mixed with Arnold Schwarzenegger's Terminator. Now that is whacked up. [face_laugh]:p

Now here's hoping I don't overly anger our GM and Mod with that comment [face_praying]

2. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Amatsu Mikaboshi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    It is, and oddly enough it isn't hard to find with a quick Google search.
    [​IMG]

Yuul_Shamar likes this.
  3. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Excellent, now I once more have three posts to make tomorrow at a minimum, it's been a good day.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I've been updating a lot more quickly than usual. Must be all that post-test relaxing I've been doing over the last week.

5. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Almost time to get to work on my first post of the day :D

Amatsu Mikaboshi likes this.
  6. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Hmm, sorry for the double post by apparently I just went from Jedi Master to Grand Master at some point recently. Wonder what caused that?

7. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Amatsu Mikaboshi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Your connection to the Force got stronger, duh. :p

8. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Trophy Points. Hence the reason I'm a 'Force Ghost'. No idea what you did to get said points though :p

9. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Hmm, I hit over a hundred for it then, nice :D

Now to rest my hands and fingers before moving on to my next post later today. :)

10. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Since 2005, I've posted 7,000 messages. This used to bother me, but now it's like, "Whatever, I'm too old for this." :p

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    After the first 10k they all sort of become a blur anyway.

12. Nick of Time

Nick of Time Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2013
    All time I'm about at 7000 as well. There was a period in 2008-2009 where I was super active.

13. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Ow my hands are hurting, though I doubt mine hurt more than Sarge's....

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    What, is there like a rash of behind the scenes hand stabbings I was unaware of?

15. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Indeed, it's supposed to be for luck, with one for every paragraph if done right.

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Seems like that would encourage conciseness.

I approve!
    [​IMG]

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  17. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Rapidly approaching 10K here. Nine more posts...:p

18. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    How many posts does it take for 5 stars?

19. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    5k...I think.

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, it's 5k.

21. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Well, it took me some time to clear away some IRL stuff, but I was finally able to properly respond in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I should be back to make a nuisance of myself for a bit here as well.

I got a chance to read through Grant Morrison's run on Batman and Robin from the beginning, straight through. My favorite scenes are still the return of Bruce and Joker's banana peel gag. Though Professor Pyg was surreal and the Comish in a dress was hilarious.

I've also started reading Terry Brooks' Shannara series, though I have started at the chronological beginning with Running with the Demon. Enjoying that as well, though I am taking it at the pace at which I read the Sword of Truth books, which is to say a bit more slowly than I usually read.

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Not sure how much longer LXG will be kicking around, honestly. My accidental two weeks off and then a week of no replies after the last update bode pretty ill.

23. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I don't know what's more tearworthy, the thought of wading through Terry Brooks' very cheap ripoff of Lord of the Rings Shannara chronologically or that you've already read all the Sword of Truth books. :D

On the other hand, it was probably a better experience than reading through Antarctica, as I've done recently. Or trying to read through Brian Aldiss's Helliconia Winter, which I manfully attempted and failed other than skipping like a little girl heading home from a birthday party.

EDIT: Also, Ramza, I finally found it. Ask not for whom the bell tolls, for it will not be responded to while I'm reading my first Hemingway. :D

Ramza likes this.
  24. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

"GET ME SOME CLOTHES AND DON'T EVEN ASK!!!"

25. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Sword of Truth was excellent. I was actually introduced to that series by a buddy of mine who warned me, and I quote, "The series is great until the end. It was three books of buildup with no payoff. No big battle, no epic duel between Richard and Jagang. Its horrible." When I finished the series I realized how wrong he was about the ending. To me, at least, it ended in one of the best ways possible. And I've read The Omen Machine as well, though I'm disappointed at the lack of information on the sequel to that book.

:( Well, if that ends up being the case, it has been a good reintroduction for me into playing. Still curious as to the direction the whole thing was going though....

[​IMG]