main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Exar Koon

Exar Koon Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2014
    It is rp related I didn't mean here in the Bar Specifically just in general.

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I meant in the RPF, not within the Bar here. Hm. A RP related video…Not quite sure what you mean. Or rather, I do. But I don't think its allowed…Lets defer to a mod on this one I think.

Penguinator Ramza Sinrebirth

There, that'll call a few of 'em here.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    PM the video to Ramza or Peng. These are their haunts, I purely imbibe of the local drinks, cuisine, lads and ladies.

*snorts softly*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *slumps in his chair and has a quick drink*

Tough coming up with a spontaneous post in the Lightsaber Combat Thread sometimes. :p

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  5. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Morning ladies and gentlemen. First spell of cool-ish weather for the year has me in an uncharacteristically decent mood.

Mitth_Fisto and Sinrebirth like this.
  6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Exar Koon

If the video in question pertains to an RP's opening crawl as it were, I do believe that is well within the rules, as long as it also follows the TOS. I am not a MOD, but have been here long enough to be familiar with a thing or two.

Videos containing music are the most prolific, followed by videos establishing the setting. When in doubt, do contact a MOD. That should settle it.

Mitth_Fisto and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Videos would have to be contextually appropriate to a thread - e.g. as part of an opening post or for music, as greyjedi125 mentioned, or here if it's more "hey check out this funny/interesting/whatever thing." In general we don't allow threads for quick observations or sharing amusing content, as those are either better suited to the social thread or other boards where such one-offs are allowed.

Also greetings from scenic not-my-usual city. As mentioned earlier I am at a math conference. There is math. :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I wonder about the exact number of active RPers currently. Anyone know? :p

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  9. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    The New Sith Trials alone has 20 players, almost half (8) of which hadn't roleplayed before the GM team funneled them in from the EUC and coached them along. AtA has a lot of players too but there's significant overlap with NST. Not sure about the other active games.

10. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Well, we have a beginning number then. ;)

11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Shadow War has nine active players (including myself) and two or three players who post every now and then. We've also pulled the majority of our players from the EUC and a few are also represented in the NST but I don't follow that game to be able to tell you how many.

Elite League Limmie (which I also play) just added a player and now has a total of nine players. Three of those players are also active in Shadow War as well.

The Intervention game, Echoes in Eternity (the third game I play, I find three is my limit), adds and subtracts players rather often. Active players I would say we have about seven or so, but that number could be off by a few. Several of those players are also involved in other RPG's though (at least two in ELL and those same two plus another involved in Shadow War).

12. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I believe NST currently has around 22 active participants. (I counted :p)

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  13. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Black Sun has about five completely active players, two semi active players, and like four non-active players characters alive still roaming around somewhere off screen.
    So in theory they could come back at any time.:p

14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    We'll have to cross check to see how many of the NST & Black Sun players are the same. ;) :p

Anywho…I hereby announce my 17,000th Post!

It is not a major milestone in truth, but I bring brief attention to it because I had originally left the boards those years ago while still in between 16,000 & 17,000. Now that I have finally returned here in force and have persevered to the point of reaching the big round number that had eluded me for so long, I believe it a sign of my renewed commitment to the RPF.

Here's to many more!

*waves hand and the podium he orated from disappears*

:D[face_dancing]

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

A MATH conference?!?!?!?

[​IMG]

Ooooh... I need a drink...

:p

And Congrats Elu... on the 17,000th Post!!!

[​IMG]

16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
  17. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    Math sucks.

There, I said it.

Darth_Elu and HanSolo29 like this.
  18. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
  19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    What kind of nerd doesn't like math? Nerds, that's who.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  20. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    I'm not a nerd. Nerds are smart in useful ways. I'm more a geek - as in I take a pronounced interest in uncool things.

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yes, I could tell you were only interested in uncool things when you said you didn't like math, the coolest thing there is.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  22. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Math is sort of like spiders too me. I proceed with extreme caution and then smash them with my calculator.

23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *sips his drink at his usual place, while watching the War of Math commence*

But the remains…will they be dealt with in fractions or decimals I wonder. Oh my. I refuse to calculate the area of damage done by this mathematical battle.

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh, it hardly needs to be a war about math. I'd be perfectly willing to start greeting everyone else's interests with posts about how much it sucks and I hate it, I'm equal opportunity like that.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  25. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    It's ok on my front. My profession does suck and anyone in their right mind would hate it. :p

Ramza likes this.