main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    My hope with WOIN is that I can start small but then with each passing chapter (there will be five) we can add more and more. The idea is that character development will allow players to interact with each other more and better as time passes, deepening the posts between GM updates.

HanSolo29 and Darth_Elu like this.
  2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    For me, as it usually does, it depends on the game itself regarding the amount of players and characters. So there is no optimum for me. So far in both of my games, Bound By Honor and The Shado Varmiri, more is always welcome! Gives me room to flesh out certain details, so I love multiple characters per person. My only thing is to make sure to warn the players and really have them reflect on the idea: Are you sure you can handle it? I don't want you to burn out.

Many can handle multiples, but there are just as many who cannot.

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Really reflect?!? You asked me are you sure? If so great! :p

4. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    [face_thinking]

Pretty sure you only have one character in both games. :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I think the question of how many players you take is a question of how many players the GM can handle. I always admired the so-called Flagships of old. With more than twenty players. I played in some of the last ones, too. But could I handle 25 players and their storylines? Never! For my game I have decided to take 6 and then made it seven. I feel that is a number I can handle. I need about three hours to write an update. Three hours sounds good. I can cut three hours out of my life.

Multiple characters? Depends on players. I have seen great characters from one and the same player. Actually it is the players choice if he feels like it. I think it is enthusiasm for your game and almost a bit Co-GMing if you take two or three characters in a game. I actually Co-GMed once by playing three GM characters for my lead GM and give them a bit extra spice. Was one of my best RPing experiences so far.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    While I have taken on multiples within the same game in the past, I prefer not to. I find that I have a far better experience following the journey of only one character and fleshing them out along the way.

Of course, there are always exceptions, but that's usually when I just can't help myself. :p

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    *person with multiple personalities keeps mouth shut*

:p

Sips on drink instead....

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Thinks to self, I feel like Ktala knows why I am keeping my mouth shut. . .how stranged*

Sips drink instead of further comment. . .

:p

Ktala and Darth_Elu like this.
  9. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I used to play multiple characters in the same game frequently. But that was when I had time. :(

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
  11. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I started here back in May of 2005... has it truly been 12 years?

It used to be I would spend hours on the boards, and now I call myself lucky if I can check in daily. :_|

12. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *pats your back* It'll be ok, Peng. It'll be ok.

Hey. Remember the old Cowboy Bebop game?

13. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    May the 4th be with you :luke::bluesaber:

14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    May the 4th be with us all. :ben:

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  15. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Kurisan - If no suitable games, why not give your Resistance pilot some cross-dimensional experience earlier in her timeline?

There are several openings at S.H.I.E.L.D. for an up and coming pilot and mechanic who is not afraid of adventure.

One of my Mercs (0.5 BBY) has spent a few years of her own personal history on Earth with E-Branch, and has been seconded to SHIELD.

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    w00t!!

[​IMG]

and now
    we can celibate....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which is good... I need a drink!!!!

Darth_Elu likes this.
  17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Cinco de Mayo... and the last day of regular classes for the semester!

Just gotta proctor finals and I can switch to summer research-only mode. Aww yeah.

18. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Darth_Elu and others of the BHB and Shado Varmiri games, hope for a post sometime this week. Feel like life is dumping a lot on my shoulders right now. [face_beatup] On that note, there should be an actual OOC thread for Shado Varmiri... :p

And belated happy all that stuff. :p

Darth_Elu and Sinrebirth like this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm about as behind as you to be fair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Oh, fancy meeting you here, Sith-I-5 . That's a mighty tempting offer... but if I'm going to join SHIELD I'll want a character with superpowers :D.

K

Sinrebirth , greyjedi125 and Sith-I-5 like this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    You say that like it's an obstacle. She can lose the powers of flight (for instance), before she gets to either the GFFA, or TFA, and a) it feeds into why she is such a natural pilot; and b) lament to Black Leader, that one time, she could have done the trench run under her own power.

Edit: Multiple characters

One game that I co-GMed, over time, I brought along a tonne of either new or established elsewhere, characters, NPCs and NRCs to fill out storylines for players, eventually culminating in a mass Empire vs CIS battle.
    At the point when my GM was thinking of a sequel, she asked me to list my characters at that point, and I reached EIGHTY that were still alive at that point. Another 30 - 50 never made it through the franchise.

22. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Sith-I-5 Hmmm... I dunno aobut cross-dimensioning like that. Might as well just make a new character with new superpowers who stays in the SHIELD-universe. At least we have some semblance of realism lol. Note I'm not totally against the idea of playing a superhero... I think they must be fun to create from scratch.

RE: running 80 characters at once...:eek: OK that's the most extreme I've heard. That's like controlling a whole army in a tabletop battle game... oh wait a minute I have done that!

K

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    . . .
    somebody hand me some rum!!

or better yet, a pangalactic garbleblaster!

Its been a rough day....

24. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002

Time to take a load off. Maybe this concoction might do the trick.

[​IMG]

spacelady, QueenSabe7 and Darth_Elu like this.
  25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    ahhh.. that look fantastic!!!!

I'll take one... or six...

QueenSabe7, Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.