main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I've lost count of my present number of persona's. . .

Literally. . .

Lost count!

8-}

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah......

:D

Mitth_Fisto and twowolves like this.
  3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Of course one caveat would be that if you have a specific story in mind that you want to tell without any interaction from other people, write it yourself and take it to fan fiction. That sounds blunt, but I can't think of another way to say it. :p

Sinrebirth I might type something up in the next week or so and send it your way.

Sith-I-5, twowolves and Sinrebirth like this.
  4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Well, I'm alive.

Managed to get sick for a full week, and then took a week to catch up on life.

So!

[​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    Ah, but what if two people are playing it and wish to finish the story arc before inviting more in? I figure, with mine, and I can only speak for myself, I limited it for now for that reason in part, but also in part because it wouldn't make any logical sense to have someone suddenly appear in the middle of interstellar space. Now that I'm talking about it, though, I thought of another reason. We (everyone who was playing) would have to sort of figure out how to balance story lines and play. It's all new to me as far as posting it here goes, so I'm feeling my way along and learning as I go.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Go for it, Reynar.

We'll figure it out, twowolves. I fully expect some plots will get a life of their own and move out of the pseudo lazy game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twowolves likes this.
  7. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Sure. Some folks might use it as a testing bed for ideas that may eventually become full fledged games of their own, like the aforementioned twowolves game that spun off from the combat thread. Hopefully we can avoid any troublemakers (a la Reynar_Tedros circa 2007-ish) trying to ruin some cool stories that unfold, but I doubt any serious issues will arise from that. Nothing a little self policing couldn't fix.

Sinrebirth and twowolves like this.
  8. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    Yep. Something amiable, but how to decide on the story ahead of time OOC without spoiling surprises if everyone is the GM and no one is? Or is there still someone who must preside over the technicalities, etc.?

And a corollary question...sort of...

I had an idea about making a post when I was ready to allow more people in, and in that first post, put up character themes I'm looking for? Like this...

I need a character fresh out of the Imperial clink for something,
    I need a nerdy curiosity seeker, sort of a Lara Croft Lite,
    etc, (just two examples)

and then say I need the following quote-unquote classes/roles: Jedi, Pilot, mercenary, etc and let the players mix and match so that if I was to GM, for instance, I would get the "types" of characters I would need for the story line to work more easily than just letting the characters be anything ("I'm a Miraluka Jedi survivor super-hero who is a giant rules lawyer douche in disguise who wants to god-mod 'til my keyboard smokes from me typing so fast!")

What do you think? Is this a workable solution? Or at least something interesting enough to warrant further development?

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Let's see the OP. The general rule of 'Don't be an ass to your fellows and take over' seems applicable enough.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  10. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    This brings me back, and I feel weird saying that, because I've now been on these boards for 12 years. I just turned 27, and man, it's surreal to look at how time flies, both IRL and on here.

11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Dayjobs are hard.

[​IMG]

Penguinator and Ktala like this.
  12. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Right there with you. I typed that out and had to pause for a minute. Holy ****, that was a decade ago.

I think that's a fine method of bringing in new players. Sort of like a casting call. But would prospective players need to go back and read up on everything that happened in the game beforehand, or would they be able to jump in with no prior knowledge? It wouldn't be too tall of an order with your game specifically because you're only a couple pages in, but I remember wanting to join games back in the day that had "Always accepting new players," in the title, but they were hundreds of pages in with countless participants and storylines running simultaneously, and it was way too daunting of a task for me to actually take the plunge and try to merge onto that highway, so to speak.

HanSolo29 and Sinrebirth like this.
  13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Its... so... hot....

I need a drink!

[​IMG]

oh hyeah...

14. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I drive a piece of tin built in the 80's with no air conditioning in 100+ degree Texas heat five days a week, so I feel you Ktala.

(not complaining, well aware there are many worse jobs)

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    hehehehe

[​IMG]

*slides over a free drink*

16. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
  17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Vacation/staycation is so nice. I'm getting paid to relax. Is this what being an adult feels like?

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  18. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    The two months I was off from work with a broken ankle was the best time of my life. Definitely could've gone back sooner, but why would anyone want to do that?

[​IMG]

QueenSabe7, HanSolo29 and Ktala like this.
  19. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    No vacation in two years, so consider me jealous.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Weirdly, seeing the Stark kids in Game of Thrones makes me nostalgic for Man Cubs. I guess because they're also wolf cubs.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And seeing you makes me nostalgic for Archangels and Alchemists!

22. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Man, I still think about that game every once in a while, and what would've happened to little Echo.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I still wonder what it would of been like to play through as the spirit that was going to give birth to a race.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    FYI... Computer is dead. Performing CPR...

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oy...sorry to hear that, Ktala. :(

Hopefully you're able to get it fixed!