main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Pfft, you don't need to make an x, you just need to adjoin it to a ring - bam, instant indeterminate!

Although remember that it's R[x] and not R(x), the latter's a lot bigger.*

Except it isn't. MATH!

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    [​IMG]

X GONNA GIVE IT TO YA

Rampani, Saintheart and Ramza like this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you, Yuul. I shall file that under "what to do in an emergency".

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    There is a great Dara O'Briain(sp?) stand-up comedy show, and a kid in the front row is filming the comedian on his phone, despite Dara seeing him, and holding a dialogue with him about it - "Stop filming. There is no need. We are filming you, filming me, so you are going to be on the dvd, that's how good it will be!"

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
  6. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    To be fair...what was the last good SW game they did completely in-house and not outsourced? Dark Forces 2? And that was in '97...

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Made a good financial decision by axing a redundant entity.

[​IMG]

8. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    To be fair, the quality of Star Wars games they've been releasing haven't been great >.> Though a bit disappointed about what it means for 1313.

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Agreed, Sarge - I too am upset that I will no longer be able to be bemused by the lackluster finished product that would've fallen short of the hype.

[​IMG]

Seriously though, the last time LucasArts made an in-house game I enjoyed was, I think, when Tim Schafer was still employed there. The company I liked has been a dead repository for farming out IPs for a long time now.

10. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Although I understand the business reasons behind the decision, I'm disappointed that the last two games won't be released at all. 1313 sounded awesome and, from what information I've been able to gather, First Assault seemed like it would be bringing back the Battlefront-style games. Loved those games.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Both of those titles are technically in development limbo with an option to farm out to more competent different studios.

I mean, I was pretty meh on this when it was actually announced; then Roger Ebert and Carmine Infantino both died today, and I am considerably more upset about that, so...

Edit: I will also freely admit some of my bad attitude is direct backlash to the... hyperbolic sentiments I've seen in some corners of the internet.

Edit 2: And not the good kind of hyperbolic where you're considering really cool manifolds.

12. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    R.I.P Roger Ebert & Carmine Infantino. (Now I gotta make sure I have those comics vacuum sealed)

13. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Disney axes LucasArts, stock remains strong as ever. The last LucasArts game was, what, Kinect Star Wars?

Nearly everything post-Republic Commando was a co-developed game, and in all likelihood most of it just had LucasArts on it because of brand recognition. This isn't as massive a thing as people seem to think! The good news surrounding all of this is that Disney knows how to turn a profit off the IPs they own; those Indy licenses, those Star Wars licenses? They'll now be used and farmed out to other developers (in all likelihood) such as UbiSoft, 2K Games, Eidos, Rocksteady, etc etc etc. Disney will make money, but they're not gonna bother trying to do the game development in-house when it's easier to let other companies handle it - companies that know how to make games.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, it was a spectacularly effective instant mood killer.

2:27 PM - Ramza: "Boy, it sure is a lovely day outside! And my workload is relatively light - everything's coming up Ramza!"
    2:28 PM - Ramza: "I know, I will check my RSS feed to see what the latest 'scoops' are!"
    2:29 PM - Ramza: :_|

15. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Waitaminute there! Are you saying that "Ramza" is now an adjective?

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    No, I'm saying I routinely quote Milhouse.

17. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Ah I see. Would have caught that if I watched the Simpsons....

EDIT: Also, I got post 666 in this thread.

[​IMG]

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    D'you reckon that means we should start spamming some stereotypical metal stuff?

In any case it certainly calls for a good ol' fashioned call_of_the_wintermoon.gif
    [​IMG]

19. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    So is extreme metal kind of meant to be a send-up just as much as an exercise in teh br00talz?

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I think it depends on who you ask, really. Certainly Immortal aren't taking themselves too seriously:
    [​IMG]

But then on the opposite end you get... well:

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    MY VEHICLE WORKS AGAIN!

22. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    That makes one of us. I got my truck back from the body shop today, and they didn't put the new tailgate on right. So I get to keep driving this rental car over the weekend. I hate cars. :p

23. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    *possesses a Ford Ranger* >.>

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I want a truck.

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'll be honest, I never felt truly disadvantaged by not owning a car until precisely this weekend - I can't get down to Denver to attend a big regional logic seminar. [​IMG]