main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    There actually were some surprisingly good ideas in Waterworld, I thought. I thought the idea that dirt has become more valuable than gold was brilliant. And the irony that all of mankind's literature has been more or less erased by the waters, that the sole surviving scion of all that thought, brilliance, and emotion...

...is a National Geographic back issue. Having a copy of Reader's Digest would have served the same point.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's not really all that bad, it's just not all that good, either, and that sort of startling mediocrity is a cardinal sin with an over budgeting disaster. You either have to be spectacular or spectacularly awful. It's neither, and that's terrible. :p

4. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Clearly the Internet is good for something.

Ya think they might get the "World of Cardboard" speech in there somewhere? That would be the crowning glory to the whole thing. :D

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Hmmm. Actually impressed with Super trailer.

Wow.

:p

6. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I dunno about that speech, man - it works against Darkseid, the ultimate evil in the universe, but against Zod and co., I really dunno.

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    "You know, a lot of times I have to hold back -"

"Yes, Kal-El, I am aware. We are in fact from the same planet and have comparable anatomical quirks."

"Oh, right."

Penguinator and Saintheart like this.
  8. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I love Kevin Costner, and I'm totally treating Field of Dreams, one of my all-time favorite movies, as a prequel to Man of Steel. :p

Also, I'm meeting Kevin Conroy next month. Gonna be wild to hear that voice in person.

Saintheart and Rampani like this.
  9. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    The entire reason I asked is that I discovered the entire run of Justice League on Netflix last night and hearing Conroy as Batman just sounded.....right.

And as hopeful as I have been for Man of Steel, I'm now convinced that this won't be the same disappointment as Superman Returns. Although Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor was excellent.

[​IMG]

Saintheart and Penguinator like this.
  10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, Kevin Spacey is a fantastic Silver Age/Gene Hackman Luthor, if Returns hadn't been so... Superman Returns, he probably could've carried the film.

Saintheart likes this.
  11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Spacey is a better Hackman Luthor than Hackman :p I'd love to see Spacey in a more serious take on the guy, though.

And Ranpani - fist bump. Conroy is a truly great actor and a great person who loves his fans.

Rampani likes this.
  12. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Saintheart and Penguinator like this.
  13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So as it's snowing yet again, I'm forced to contemplate a grim possibility - perhaps it snows here a lot.

[​IMG]

Saintheart likes this.
  14. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Luthor a little more by way of Keyser Soze or John Doe would have been a treat. :)

Penguinator and Ramza like this.
  15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Definitely, although when they inevitably bring the character back I'd also be keen to see a ruthless SOB business mogul in line with John Byrne's re-imagining.

[​IMG]

16. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    So I just had a bird on my hand...

It hit the window, and stunned itself, and when I picked it up to move it to somewhere safer, it grabbed onto my finger and wouldn't let go. So I just sat outside with it until it was alert enough to fly away.

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I must ask - was it worth two in the bush?

18. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    The two in the bush wouldn't have pooped on my hand, but kind of.:p (I didn't mind, that's just what birds do.)

19. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    So on the topic of superheroes, how bout that Injustice? :p

20. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009

Even for someone who doesn't really follow comics...whoa....

EDIT: And Ramza can you edit in a note in Rebirth that I'm not taking more characters? I got a LOT more than I bargained for with that game. :p

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Injustice has the dumbest plot this side of everything ever.

Also, Joker? Not dead.

But apparently the actual gameplay is pretty solid.

22. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Huh...wouldn't have called that after watching the trailer :p

23. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    That Joker's dead. The OTHER, parallel universe Joker on the other hand.... [face_thinking]

To be fair, the prequel comic that they made for the game is rather dumb. I mean...

Joker poisons Superman with a Kryptonite-laced variant of Scarecrow's toxin, makes him think Lois is Doomsday, which results in him shoulder-checking her through a submarine, launching her into orbit, and only THEN does she die in front of him along with their unborn child. And of course, during her stay in the submarine, the Joker had hooked up Lois's heart to the detonator for a nuke planted in Metropolis so when she died...BOOM!

But despite the complete stupidity of that section there, I decided to watch the cutscenes for lulz and you know...the story and events that took place were at least entertaining and there were even some clever twists thrown in. I can't attest to the actual gameplay but story-wise...was actually pretty interesting and nicely lengthed. The voice choices ranged from good, old school awesome (Kevin Conroy, Tara Strong, George Newburn) mixed with some new voices (Jennifer Hale as Hawkgirl and, if you unlock the "Arrow" version, Stephen Amell for Green Arrow). There were certainly a couple scenes that I could count as epic (Evil and Good Cyborg hacking one another, a brief clash between Batman and AU Batman)and others that I couldn't help but chuckle at from a legitimately funny moment ("You have no idea how to use it, do you?" "I was hoping you wouldn't figure that out."). So all-in-all, was actually pretty cool to watch. I'd check some reliable reviewers for a opinion on the game as a whole though it sounds like the gameplay is getting some favorable reviews.

And, of course, this is coming from someone who has hardly ever read a DC comic and is mostly restricted to what DC shows and movies that have been released :p

EDIT: *EDITEDITEDITEDIT!*

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

:p

Sarge221 and Penguinator like this.
  25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    .............................................................Um......................................woops :p

EDIT: *EDITEDITEDITEDIT!!!*